• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash it!-Brawl and Melee tournament- September 13-14- Oregon

Zodiac

Smash Master
Its in beeeend!

Day one Is Brawl
Day two is Melee

Day one is brawl because there's more time and we all know brawl tourney's take forever.

Location!
151 se dorrie ct
Bend, Or

venue - Its a whole house that will be all but empty at that point

Housing
I can house a lot of people at the venue, So not to worry, if you come then your welcome to stay.

House Rules
All food and soda need to be kept in the kitchen or outside.
No physical fighting

Schedule-
Saturday the 13'th
10:00 AM- Arrivels/Registration
12:00 PM- Brawl Singles start
Rest of day is tournament/friendlies/crews

Sunday the 14'th-
12:00 PM -Arrivals/Registration
2:00 PM - Melee singles start
Rest of the day is Tournament/Friendlies/Crew

MELEE

Melee Singles entry fee - $10
Pot Split 70/20/10
Rules-
4 stock
no items
8 minute time limit

Neuturel-
Pokémon Stadium
Battlefield
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland 64

The counters-
Jungle Japes
Brinstar
Corneria
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Corneria
Pokémon Stadium
Mute City
Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Congo Jungle 64
Rainbow Cruise
Poké Floats
Final Destination

the banned-
Hyrule Temple
Venom
Fourside
Great bay
Yoshi's Island 64
Brinstar Depths
Flatzone
Icicle Mountain
Big Blue
Kongo Jungle
Mushroom Kingdom I
Green Greens
Princess Peach's Castle
Onett
Mushroom Kingdom II
Yoshi's Island 64

Glitches banned- Ic's freeze glitch, wobbling.
Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match. WOBBLING BANNED, Unless your fighting giga bowser.
if the glitch move stalls the match then you might have to forfeit a stock. and if you stall otherwise.

Other banned stuff -
Internal mods.

BRAWL[/B
Singles Entry fee - $10
Pot Split 70/20/10

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players. (Daves Stupid Rule)

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage Lists

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Starter/Counter

Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1
Skyworld
Pirate ship

Banned
The rest are banned

Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

Order of ALL tournament matches

Double blind pick may be called at anytime before the first match

After a match is over you follow this order
Loser picks stage
Winner may pick a new character
Loser may pick a new character

All regular sets will be 2 of 3
Winner and Losers finals will be 3 of 5
Grand Finals will be 5 of 8

During the brawl tourney, if the tv's are there to spare you can play melee friendlies, same goes for the melee tourney tourney,

Equipment - If you would be kind enough to bring your wii or tv along with you that would be awesome, or cube.

Zodiac - 2 tvs 1 wii 1 cube

Zodiac

Smash Master
Sitting behind the wing isn't stalling.
You were there for like 30 seconds, anyway, no the venue is again my house unless I get another one, My house can hold a lot of people.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Put Brawl first in the title.
I know it sounds wierd, but Brawlers might see Melee first and just skip it.

replicate

Smash Lord
you got this zodiac

as we speak I'm willing the oregon community to get bigger, like how a zen master watches a piece of grass and wills it to grow

Zodiac

Smash Master
you got this zodiac

as we speak I'm willing the oregon community to get bigger, like how a zen master watches a piece of grass and wills it to grow
If I hire a zen master do you think it will help? wait.. what IS a zen master anyway?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!

Wow.
I'm actually playing Brawl right now.
Thats it, outa my thread, and if you come to the tourney you have to pay a $100entry fee. And you wont be allowed to compete in the actual tournament.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Because I'm nit-picky, it's 5 out of 9, not 8.
Eight matches could be played with still no winner.

messiahfreak2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
messiahfreak2000
alright another tournament in bend (that i caught this time). time to go practice my sonic....

Zodiac

Smash Master
More Brawl stuff.
-It's on an 8minute timer

• Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

• If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

• Stalling is banned.

Stalling is banned.Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

EDIT:
I noticed you moved Norfair into Banned, and Onett into Counterpick. since Onett is Chaingrab heaven, I would suggest moving Norfair into CP as well since the lava is very easy to avoid, and the level itself is a godsend to people with tether recoveries.
its staying seven because brawl is to long to grant an 8 minute timer, if have anything else send it to me in a pm

Zodiac

Smash Master
I just want to point out, I just went and posted this on all is brawl and It takes more skill to post on smashboards.

debaser

Smash Lord
Whos t!mmy?
Is he going to show up and win everything?

I'm an "attendee" now.
an old oregon smasher who played melee and now plays mostly brawl

hopefully more of noregon will have interest in this so I might get a ride

Zodiac

Smash Master
Who?
BTW debaser, we may be able to pick u up on our way down, but I'm not sure yet.
Aftermath is a samus player, although I dont know if plays smash at all anymore. He's in portland as far as I know.

Grunt

Smash Master
Aftermath is a samus player, although I dont know if plays smash at all anymore. He's in portland as far as I know.
He hasn't posted in months. :\
Oh well, I sent him a very nice PM detailing this tournament.

EDIT:
So T!mmy is coming...
Isn't there a T0mmy too?

Top Bottom