• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness frame data, Updated to completion!

Levitas

the moon
I got more reliable footage of the aerials. This list is complete unless someone whines about psi magnet, which I don't really care about for frame data.

Dtilt:
hits:4
hitlag:3
ends:16

A:
hits:4
hitlag:6
ends:25

AA:
hits: 4, 15
hitlag:6,6
ends:37

AAA:
hits: 4, 15, 30
hitlag:6,6,6
ends: 58

Ftilt:
hits:7
ends: 42

Utilt:
hits:5
ends:38

fsmash:
hits: 21
hitlag:11
ends:64

Usmash:
hits:10,23
hitlag:6,8
ends:58

dsmash:
hits:10,17
hitlag:6,8
ends:67

Dash attack:
hits:8,24,39
hitlag:10,9,9
ends:64

Grab:
grabs:6
hits: every 16 frames

missed dash grab:
35 frames to completion

Dair:
hits: frame 19
hitlag:9
autocancels or you suck

Nair:
hits: 4
hitlag:10
landing lag:13

Fair:
hits:8,14,20,26,32
hitlag:6,6,6,6,6
landing lag:8

Bair:
hits:10
hitlag:16
landing lag:6

Uair:
hits: 8
hitlag:10
landing lag:6

PK flash:
hits:42
hitlag: varies, up to 28
special lag:24

PK fire:
hits:21,pillar hits every 10
hitlag:7 (bolt)

PK thunder:
hitstun:11
special lag frames:40

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Yay Frame data. Finally something we Really really really needed.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
When you says "hits" does that mean the earliest point of the hitbox appearing for the attack? If so, shouldt it have duration frames? There's also some stuff that wouldbe nice to add in here like the lag of each move.

Also, do NOT call the dair "autocancellable". It's not, you're spreading the wrong name for finsishing-an-aerial-before-you-land. Autocancelling is something totally different -_-

Levitas

the moon
I don't have the proper procedure to find duration of hit frames, so I'm giving the first hit. And it does autocancel, as the end of the Dair isn't back in "loosey-goosey I can take any action out of this animation" frames yet when you land it, and I'm gonna review the footage I have to be entirely sure.

Levitas

the moon
OK, I just got the rest of the frame data. As far as multi hit attacks are concerned, only Ness's fair keeps them in hitstun for the duration of the attack, and it is not possible to combo a fair into a fair.

PK fire had some wierd stuff going on, so I couldn't gauge the hitstun for the pillar, just the bolt.

Dash attack does not keep them in hitstun the whole time, so expect marths to up b out and stuff.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Ness' AAA combo hitlagframes are.... Never mind. Thanks for completing as much data as you could. I needed this to know what I can and can't do.

Levitas

the moon
I need to correct myself. I listed hitlag, not hitstun. i'm fixing the labels now.

Edit: for anyone interested, I found lucas's data, as well. it's on the lucas boards.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Now I needed to edit my post too. It's okay though. Thanks for all the information!

Levitas

the moon
Since there isn't a continuous energy projectile, I decided that I wasn't going to test it against fox lasers 30 or so times to get the frame it starts absorbing. (Fox lasers hit every 10)

_clinton

Smash Master
I wouldn't mind knowing the info for the wind effect as well actually...but whatever...

Anyway...

What about his ledge get up attacks, his knocked down attacks, or his shield, roll, spot dodge, air dodge, pivot grab, and running grab?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
It's called FLEXKICK. I think it was Dan Smith who came up with that. Right, EB360? What happened to him, anyways...

Top Bottom