• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

Rotimer

Smash Cadet
If you guys will let us, we (UNCC people) have the equipment to record some matches and would like to do so for both our amusement and to post up here (maybe get more people too).

is that allowed? (laptop, Y cables, tuner card, blah blah)

zCasanova

Smash Lord
If you guys will let us, we (UNCC people) have the equipment to record some matches and would like to do so for both our amusement and to post up here (maybe get more people too).

is that allowed? (laptop, Y cables, tuner card, blah blah)
I've been recording the matches since these started, I just haven't had the chance to upload last week's.

They're all on YouTube and in the tournament videos thread.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I feel like ghetto death today. Seriously sick. I need Doctor House to come in and tell me I'm dying.

Hope I get better before Tomorrow.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
*Crosses fingers that i can go*
Im seriously broke... and uh... yea... trying to enter if i can tomorrow, if not, MAYBE friendlies to anyone who wants to play (Sonic dittos Rotimer?) so... we shall see
Hypothetically Crio, if i really truly don't have even the door fee... would i be able to come? or is it like "no broke negros allowed?" lmao (to any offended, relax, im 100% Halfrican-American :p)

The Director

Smash Lord
I might not make it tomorrow, either. I've got to go to the doctor to get something checked out, and I have a feeling it may hold me back from coming from now on.

Seems as tho I may have to put my money towards a surgical procedure instead of going to Smash tournaments. I'll let you guys know what the deal is tomorrow when I get back from the doctor.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
That sounds serial, Joe. You alright mate?

I still feel like someone wtfpwned my larynx and poured drano down my throat, but I'll, of course be reppin' in style.

I still gots to get paid, son.

The Director

Smash Lord
That sounds serial, Joe. You alright mate?
As of right now, no. I'm def. not going to make it down there today. Sorry. :(

*super fun edit*

How'd it go yesterday? Good turnout?

Looks like I'm not going to be able to make it next week, either. It seems I may have to go under the knife instead. :/ Guess I won't be able to return until atleast the middle of Oct.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
This week.

1) Ptown
2) I've Jihad it (These 2 might be reversed. I was doing friendlies and Decoy handed out the prize)
3) Devin
4) Crio
5) Gil
5) Blae
7)Decoy
7) Evilshortness

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
Peter: Smart choice picking D3. I recently picked him up as well. Btw, dk can be standing chain grabbed infinitely. So you could have done that the entire time and forward/back throwed him after he had 250%. So everytime I see dk from now on, I will just pick d3.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
I think the matches are mislabeled. I believe the loser finals that week was ptown vs jihad and the match before that was khai vs jihad.

edit: d3's infinite on dk does take at least a bit of timing. It takes around 20 minutes to an hour practice to really get down and even then is easy to mess up. Its still stupidly good against dk but you at least need to have some feel for it before you can claim an automatic win.

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
@Ryanarius: I practiced it for an hour I can consistently do it. But d3 vs dk is basically an automatic win. Whenever dk gets grabbed, the d3 can do the infinate and then forward/back throw him. Also, since d3's grab range is HUGE, it is much easier to accomplish

The Director

Smash Lord
I think the matches are mislabeled. I believe the loser finals that week was ptown vs jihad and the match before that was khai vs jihad.
They are. I didn't get into the loser's finals that week.

As for all this talk about infinates and such...I think all infinates should be banned, IMO...we already banned MKs infinate cape glitch, why not DeDeDe's infinate grab? If you don't ban D3's infinates, then you might as well make MKs infinates legal as well.

It's like...once you ban something, where does it end? Know what I mean?

And don't worry. I'm going to start using my secondary whenever DK can't get the job done. (against Snakes, DeDeDes, etc...) I wouldn't worry about countering DK anytime soon...I probably won't make it back for a while. :ohwell:

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Sorry if they're wrong, that was from two weeks back and I don't have the bracket. I'm uploading the videos from last week tonight, those will be correct ;)

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I heard him talk once.

It was like the first time I heard the beatles.

It was magical.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Who put Peter and Jihad into losers?

Peter has a hot voice. I keep trying to get him to sing soul music, but I can't get a response from him...

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Peter is like Powder,
If he WERE to talk... his voice would unleash a hellish fury, heck... his posts need to be short to stop the overload...

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Results - 09/18/08

Brawl Doubles
9/18/2008
8-man bracket

1 Waffle N Pancaek -- Ali & Peter -- $36.00
2 No Contest -- Devin & Bo -- $24.00
3 Input 2 -- Gil & Evil
4 LLLLLLadies?
5 We don't know yet
5 Brawlerz

Brawl Singles
9/18/2008
16-man bracket

1 Ali (Snake) -- $95.00
2 Ptown (Ike) -- $30.00
3 Devin (Marth) -- $15.00
4 Crio (Ness/G&W)
5 Gil (Lucario)
5 Blae (Mario/Peach)
7 Decoy (Pikachu/Kirby)
7 EvilShortness (Ness)
9 Rotimer (Sonic)
9 Tamis
9 Billy (Pit?)
9 Kaeus (Wario)
13 dolgrimm
13 Michael (Ike?)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Good stuff putting Ali in losers Peter.

I was thinking that more than 16 came to these, but that's actually pretty good for NC/SC.

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
Off topic: Did anyone know that using aerials actually makes you live longer. Nobody I seen does that though except for the pros such as forte. I had no idea about this until yesterday.

On topic: Devin, I think after you upload the singles, you should consider posting the doubles.

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
I believe I asked this earlier in the thread, but I'm going to ask again. Is this only for SC players? I wouldn't mind coming out for it, nothing goes on down here.

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
Okay, sounds good. Would there be any way I could possibly crash at someones house that night? I hate driving long ways in the dark, haha. I'll pay. :D

zCasanova

Smash Lord
@Wild -- These are for everyone, the more, the merrier. Bring friends.

@Sushi -- Uploading these videos is a hassle, but for you, I'll upload doubles next week... only if you come.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
:( I'm so bored on thursdays now. I think you guys should start doing singles first so then the people who don't wanna do doubles or have to leave early can leave if they want.

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys I'm coming this week and bringing few friends who are very good so i hope you guys like competition cuz. that's what I'm bringing.....lolz

My Lucario ***** all lolz - and I'll be coming every single week so expet to see Lucario often...lolz :)

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
You'd be the 3rd Lucario regular then
Anywho........ im debating on dubz since i really don't have a partner.. it would be like saying "Hey Ali, Peter, extra cash 4 ya" xD

The Director

Smash Lord
You'd be the 3rd Lucario regular then
Anywho........ im debating on dubz since i really don't have a partner.. it would be like saying "Hey Ali, Peter, extra cash 4 ya" xD
Yo Jman whenever I come back we should do doubles. DK and Sonic make a good team. (considering I don't pound you to death by mistake.....)

Unfortunately, I don't know when I'm coming back. Probably won't be this week, but we'll see. I'm recovering way faster than I expected and might not need surgery. *FINGERS CROSSED*

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
About how many did you have the last time? And I'll need some where to crash, I'll buy everyone pizza.
Alright guys I'm coming this week and bringing few friends who are very good so i hope you guys like competition cuz. that's what I'm bringing.....lolz
Pizza and trash talkers to beat on... I really hope I can make this week.

Top Bottom