• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brett Favre

CodaBear17

Smash Journeyman
Well I heard from my moms BF that he was gonna be on the Texans but im not sure if thats true...amd I think hes should just retire since if he does come back Green Bay wont let him start

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Yeah, the owner/manager of the Packers came to his house, handed him a check for $20 million and told him to never come back to the team.

M.K

Level 55
He has ruined his legacy by being so arrogant. He is just looking for the attention, and frankly, I don't believe he is all that good to be playing again and earning the fame. He deserves the crap he gets, in my opinion. You don't say "I'm retiring" and change your mind. What a loser, I hope nobody picks him up or he rots out on the benches all season!

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
Yeah, the owner/manager of the Packers came to his house, handed him a check for $20 million and told him to never come back to the team.
lol I know, thats f***** up. I heard he might be traded to either the Bears of the Vikings but I would probably say the Bears because the Vikings already said that Tarvaris Jackson is their starting QB..

Peeze

Smash Master
The Vikings say that because they dont want to get hit with tampering charges(which they did).
Lots of good qbs ended their careers with different teams(remember montana retired as a chief and joe namath retired as a ram). Brett just wants to play, but the pack already moved on, so they need to move on and release him...so the viknigs can pick him up.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
i really think he shud just retire. to play for 1 team for ur entire career is rare... so yeah. he shud just retire.
he is about 6 00000000 years old anyway lol

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
The Vikings say that because they dont want to get hit with tampering charges(which they did).
Lots of good qbs ended their careers with different teams(remember montana retired as a chief and joe namath retired as a ram). Brett just wants to play, but the pack already moved on, so they need to move on and release him...so the viknigs can pick him up.
That would be soo awesome, but they said Tarvaris Jackson was their starting quarterback. But based on what I saw last year, Jackson wasn't that good of a quarterback (it is my first year of watching football). So imo, they should get Favre, lol then they will **** everyone
>=D

-Big_-Blue 9

Smash Journeyman
Favre should take his bow and retire while he can.
2 superbowls is better than none.
But thats me

Edit: Forgot the Broncos...

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
yer he has had a gr8 career and is a legend, may as well leave on the little high note he has left.

Amigo

Smash Cadet
You don't say "I'm retiring" and change your mind. What a loser, I hope nobody picks him up or he rots out on the benches all season!
It's hard to loose something you love. And many great athletes have come out of retirement, one that stands out is MJ. Because they love what they do, have a great passion for the sport or they just blew all their money on drugs. Either way, they love what they do.

I heard something about Tampa Bay getting close to Favre and expressing interest in him, I would like to see him go there.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
yer but played a negligible amount of ball time.. sorry i didnt mean it 100% but yer, thanks 4 callin it.

smash inc

Smash Cadet
Yeah he's with the packers but wtf you retire then a month later you want to come back he needs to make up his mind.. but im going to laugh when he gets injured and has to have this big surgery and uses all his money on that..

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Even as a diehard Bears fan, I really respected Favre, and his retirement speech where he cries really would've been the perfect end to his legacy, but nope- he had to ruin it by saying he wants back in.

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
Growing up in Wisconsin, I am, naturally, a Packers fan. Being eighteen years old, however, I have never really seen a Packers game without Brett Favre as the starting QB.

This whole situation has led me to realize that I'm more of a Favre fan than a Packers fan. Sure, I'll support the Packers no matter who is the quarterback, but, come on, it's ****ing Brett Favre. The man (and he is THE man) has the right to change his mind if he wants to. I feel like the Packers are being a bit stubborn about this whole thing. I just can't see how the team's chances are improved with an unproven, injury-proven QB.

Last I heard, Tampa Bay and Green Bay have initiated trade talks. There's no way the Pack would let Brett go to the Vikes. They'd have to face him (and AD) at least twice that season and would (most likely) get their ***** kicked.

but im going to laugh when he gets injured and has to have this big surgery and uses all his money on that..
Do you know who you're talking about here? Brett Favre, the man who started 253 consecutive games (275 including postseason) is that likely to get hurt? I know it could happen, but still, I'm sure he's made more than enough money for any injury he could sustain.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Brett Favre is an amazing quarterback and he is a for sure hall of famer with plenty of championships and memorable clutch moments under his belt. I have great respect for his role he played in the history of the NFL.

But I am so d@mn sick of the news of him that I really want him to re-retire right now. I don't know if he did it for a publicity stunt or whatever but he really shouldn't have dragged the whole media down with him.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
wtf he wants to ****ing retire for the second or third time but the packers wont let him go

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
Crud, I wanted him to go to the Vikings
=[

I heard that Favre didn't like the trade because it still won't make the Jets a real SB contender cuz of the (da*n) Patriots. The trade would supposedly only make the Jets a Wild Card contender.

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
I'm Really beginning to dislike him, he needs to make up his freaking mind and retire, I mean sooner or later he's gonna hurt himself really badly and I'll be laughing

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Guys, it's no surprise he doesn't want to retire. Football is the guy's passion and life. It's hard to walk away from that forever. Once you stop, you're done beyond playing with your kids. If you love something, it's hard to quit. This doesn't take brains to figure out.

Also, it's pretty ****ed up and selfish to wish harm on the guy. A football injury to put you out of commission is painful and emotionally stressful.

Lol at thinking he would waste all his money on recovering from an injury. The guy is a millionaire. How much do you think surgery costs?

A topic like this could have been good, but most of you sound like a bunch of whiney jerks.

OffTheChain

Smash Ace
He was better off staying retired, hes pulling an MJ but only this time its Football.

Jets won't be getting him to the SuperBowl

XACE-K

Smash Master
Wow, Brett Farve was so much of an annoyance a thread was created about him.

Well as a Jets fan, I'm both happy and worrysome about this trade. It's good because we finally get a good QB ever since Joe Namath. It's bad because he's 38 years old, Jets might not make it to the Super Bowl and New York doesn't seem like a place Brett would like.

Hopefully the media doesn't annoy the crap out of him and the Jets at least make the playoffs. That would make me happy about this deal. (although we would have to give up a draft pick.)

Top Bottom