• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WoI Facts (for guide)

kupo15

Smash Hero
This is for the Ultimate guide. If there are anything I am missing. Post

-The range of the Fair from the WoI is extended. This is called Wing Lunging.

-If you use WoI right after another WoI, you will be airborne for about 1.5 secs compared to the 4 secs. This is called Wing fatigue. After about 2 secs without using WoI, the wing fatigue is gone and you have full strength.

-If you get hit from the WoI, you do NOT get it back and you lose any jumps you had. However, if you are hit in the opening part of the move, you dont lose anything because the game didn't register the move yet.

-There is a wind push effect at the beginning of the move. Since all wind effects have hitboxes, this means that it cancels any projectile as well as any move if timed right. It also can be reflected by Pits mirror shield as well as being able to set off Marth, Ike, and Lucario's Down B counters.

-If started from the ground, Pit gets launched up and the beginning frames give Pit invincibility. If started from the air, it stops all upward momentum. If you input a direction at the right time immediately after the WoI in the air, you get a momentum boost in that direction except straight up. Doing this in the downward direction for an extreme fast fall is called Divebombing.

Felis

Smash Cadet
-Their is a wind push effect at the start of WOI, cancels out some projectiles.

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
dont forget the invincibility frames on startup on the ground

also youa stationary fair with the WoI but I am not sure how, but I have done it a few times

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
Wow that was the worst typo I have done in a couple years on a forum.

What I was trying to get across was that you can do a stationary fair during the WoI, instead of winglunging, helps when using wingrenewal and your opponent gets a little to close so you dont want to lunge into their attack.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
This was quoted from Kupo...
" It also can be reflected by Pits mirror shield as well as being able to set off Math, Ike, and Lucario's Down B counters."

Math? It's a common typo when talking about Marth. Dont forget to change that. And I always wonder sometimes why if u use the WoI in the air, you move down quicker than other times. Is it some random occasion?

Top Bottom