• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FullMetal+Waba present: Tipped Off 3!!! (MELEE ONLY, September 13th)

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
TIPPED OFF 3!!!
Its been a while since I hosted a tournament in the TO series, so Min (the owner of Waba) and I decided to work together and host one finally.
FINALLY MY TOURNAMENT SERIES HAS FOUND A DECENT VENUE!!!

I'm very pissed about the lack of participation in Melee tournaments recently, so I'm hosting one, and giving roughly 2 months of advance notice-
If you don't show up I hate you. :)

I may be able to house OOSers if they let me know they're attending far enough in advance.

Lets play smash bros~!

Also:
EPIC!!! CLICK ME!!!
You will get to meet the singer of this if you come to Tipped Off 3~!!!

Contact Info:
Waba Game Website -

www.wabaclub.com (Give it a second to load)

Telephone number -

678-417-WABA (9222)

Address -

3585 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, Suite 128
Duluth, GA 30096

Email -

wabagames@yahoo.com

Registration starts at noon, tournament begins at 1pm.

5$ door fee

Singles Entry: 15$
1st- 60%
2nd- 30%
3rd- 10%

Doubles entry: 20$ (10/person)
1st- 60%
2nd- 30%
3rd- 10%

General Tournament Rules

4 Stock, 8 minute time limit for both singles and doubles

Games are done, Best of 3, Finals will be best of 5.

Pools will be done first follow by brackets. Both Single and doubles will be DOUBLE ELIMINATION.(Pools for singles only)

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: I dont think this should be a problem anyways.

In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at MY discretion.

Any sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.

Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on one.

Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, & Pokemon Stadium

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City.

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay and Green Greens.

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series.

Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect. (The loser/counterpicking player may NOT choose to counterpick the stage they last won on in the set.)

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

Attendance list:
FullMetal
Renegade Marth
C
Sleepy K
MarsFool!
Jx31
GAwes
C@shMooney
DogySamich
Articanus
Prac
Nicaboy
Flamin' Roy
-Chad-
Reflex
SOFT
TRC
Everlasting Yayuhz
KOKingpin
JMOAN
Sunchaser
Redninja
PB&J
ihavespaceballs
Laijin
Ares
B-down
Desu
Ragnarock
NESn00b
Rice
Ram
Drumma Boi
Chaddd
Lambchops
ColBol
HungryBox
DaShizWiz
HyperDragon

THIS IS SPARTA!!!

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
First post reserved.

OOSers who need housing:
C@shMooney
-Chad-
ihavespaceballs
TRC
Everlasting Yayuhz
Ragnarock
NESn00b
KOKingpin
JMOAN
Sunchaser
Redninja
Rice
Ram
Drumma Boi
Lambchops
ColBol
HungryBox
DaShizWiz

Somasu

Smash Ace
...Well, that's disappointing =(

Won't be able to make it, Mike. I'm moving on August 5th, and there's no way I can afford flying back out here again just for this.. Suckyyy

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
currently offering chaddd, eugene, cornel, tong, elliot, and jeff a ride. This is two days from my birthday, so it's gonna be ballin. I'll drive a round a lot to pick up people for melee. possibly wes, datman, and daniel zaman, but that's a lot of gas to go through.

please ban green greens.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I'll try to come, but I'm gonna need a ride.
If worst comes to ****-worst, I will DRIVE DOWN TO COLUMBUS MYSELF and bring smashers up for this tournament.

...Well, that's disappointing =(

Won't be able to make it, Mike. I'm moving on August 5th, and there's no way I can afford flying back out here again just for this.. Suckyyy
Sorry d00d...
This was the best date that Min could offer me :(
please ban green greens.
Done

Posting to say I can try. =/
Here's hoping you make it!

We'll try to be there.

No promises though =o
DML!!!!!! I want you guys to show for this soooo badly. I can house~ <3

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'll probably go, but I won't be entering Melee singles, that's for sure. I'm far too out of practice...but it would do me well to see familiar faces again.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I'll probably go, but I won't be entering Melee singles, that's for sure. I'm far too out of practice...but it would do me well to see familiar faces again.
You have two whole months to practice! Play more, luuuuuuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssss

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
yo I will try to make this. housing would be badass but if you need room for better OoSers I will understand. me and Yayuhz (prolly) will try and go. Dunno if anyone else will.

I really want to come, but I am very unsure, depends on a lot of ****... and everyone knows how bad the economy is for everybody... gas... fluck...

but my desire to see my favorite smashers might just make me go. I want to, to support it and stuff, we'll see if I have the finances and willpower when the time comes. love you Georgia and especially FullMetal

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
yo I will try to make this. housing would be badass but if you need room for better OoSers I will understand. me and Yayuhz (prolly) will try and go. Dunno if anyone else will.

I really want to come, but I am very unsure, depends on a lot of ****... and everyone knows how bad the economy is for everybody... gas... fluck...

but my desire to see my favorite smashers might just make me go. I want to, to support it and stuff, we'll see if I have the finances and willpower when the time comes. love you Georgia and especially FullMetal
YES <3
If you're coming, I guarantee you housing. You have housing priority, good sir.

twipl is thinking about coming! JMOAN and I, Possibly sunchaser and RedNinja.
DOUBLE YES
Bring all of Midsouth you can, if you guys can be SURE you're coming, I can be SURE you'll get housing.

Also: This needs moar FL in my opinion.

Panhandlers~? <3

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
cashmooney wanna make good on our smash64 mm

while you're in ga ;)

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
i really do like green greens but i understand banning it. even though i hate PoS Fox.

waiting on JMOAN to confirm if he will be available to come.

Top Bottom