• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Bigmack209's big tech/combo list" UPDATED 9/17

IDK

Smash Lord
Here are some new techniques and combos etc. i just removed some so some numbers may be missing, but i kept each technique the same number for those posts who said for example: i like number 12. or something like that. The newest ones do not have numbers, because that would be too confusing. The removed ones are as listed:
1,4,6,7,8,9,11, and 19.
Now linked on vyse's facts/mustreads thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=179708
I reorganized the thread because vyse hinted at it in his link. :) i credit my new title to him too.
Some of the new ones don't have videos. I'll mark them with NV in the title.
YAAAAAAAAY VIDEO UP YAAAAAAAAY here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK7qDzkZY-Y
Description:

Turn volume up.

A few explanations: I forgot to vid peanut guns do kill people, but it's pretty simple anyway. I also didn't do double dribble with 1 banana, because i couldn't repeat it. The nair combos was at too high of a percent so that's why he flies too far to follow up with a SHFF nair to fair/bair. The jab lock on smashville is out of order, it shows just before the end. The second time I do it I am DIing away on the other controller at the same time.

Starting at 5:35 I am playing with some b-sticking. It's not in the vid but diddy's wavebounce basically just gets him extra height, and you can edgehog by tapping off and monkey flipping back to the edge. It can be done without b-sticking, but it's just easier that way. Lastly it shows what would be VERY difficult without b-stick, which is doing the horizontal range flip in a dash as an approach. Of course, I don't recommend b-sticking with Diddy, because dribbling is too good, but for those of you who play diddy without bananas, have at it. Tell me if you like my credits lol.

COMBOS

Air Lock
2. Full hop (short hop works better. but you can't z-catch it. Still a combo though if you're fast enough) to dthrow banana, z-catch, fthrow banana, follow up. if you do this and the other banana is in place so that the dash attack picks up the banana and hits them, you can do another full hop dthrow z-catch to rethrow to get them back to the first banana. you can either turn around the combo with the down throw back to the first banana and repeat, or SH after the dash attack and fthrow banana to fair or pick up the next banana.
READ: i think if you fast fall the catching part you can actually repeat it, meaning they are literally locked until the banana runs out, which will be a long time because it isn't touching the ground. also, after the banana bounces off of them after a glide toss, you can short hop z-catch a banana and throw it again. if you're really good you can banana lock them with ONE banana. You can start this by doing a monkey flip attack to a jump, and dthrow a banana and fast fall to grab, SH dthrow, airdodge, SH dthrow, repeat.

Flying Edge Monkey of Priority
3. A pretty good method for getting up as you are basically a flying monkey of priority is a Ledge hopped ->b kick followed by fair/bair. (I think this is a true combo for the fair at 0% at least)

Yup, I'm pretty sure now. Peanut guns DO kill people NV
12. Unlike the combo vid. do a forward throw- peanut gun (uncharged)- run off edge and fair. will gimp bad recoveries. i sort of got this idea from fatalities' guide. he said it was a combo to do fthrow-peanut gun. not a combo whatsoever, but really good in this situation. One thing i do a lot is when i hit them off, run back and grab my banana, short hop b reversal a peanut gun, throw the banana, run off and spike or fair. they have 3 things to avoid in 3 places. sometimes all of them hit.

Nair combos
14. We always wonder what a good use for nair would be... well here it is. with low knockback and damage moves, you can usually get an OK combo. so i thought about it and you sort of can. you can implement things like dash attack>utilt>nair>fast fall>fair/nair/bair. this can be utilized in other ways as to follow low percentage vertical attacks effective for juggling and good to follow up with other aerials.

Forward hit bair>fsmash
15. I think this may be a true combo because of the hit stun and low amount of lag so here it is: sometimes a bair will hit the opponent forward and since you have such little lag that at low percentages, you can follow up. i prefer fsmash just because it's the easiest. you could try dash attack or running upsmash. to make it hit forward, just do the attack from almost directly on top of them. easily done by SHFFing.

Banana Chasing
17. Pull out a banana, hit the other character and have the banana hit them on the head right after your hit (not too hard to time when you get the hang of it), your attack will cancel if it is something such as the fsmash... so you get in one hit (i think it's 8 damage...), then the banana hits for im guessing 3-4 damage, and they have enough stun for you to follow up with another hit... which could include a fsmash or dsmash... and can be done at almost any percentage. if you happen to hit them at a low percentage with a low knockback attack, you can hit them into your second banana, or even pick up the banana that hit them and throw it at them. this is kind of like hylian's so called "NL setup".
i think we can call both of these banana chasing, because it is canceling the knockback of your first attack, and giving them a little lag while you have enough time to do another attack. So it is like arrow chasing... with bananas. This is similar to pushing into a banana to follow up with another attack, like the banana choke.

Dash>fair? or bair
18. Just a suggestion: out of dash attacks, run a little forward before the aerial and do a bair to replace the fair (if the last one hits) and at low percentages you can double bair. i say this so you can save your fair from decay for better kills.

Banana Ken Combo
20. What you do is you have one banana in your hand, then smash banana pull-out, jump and throw, z-catch the second and immediately throw, fast fall, then banana lock. if you get them with this while theyre in the air, don't fast fall, just use a second jump and spike them.

Dash attack>dair>fsmash
killing with fsmash is more powerful than fair, so if they don't airdodge fast enough for the dair, and don't tech, this is a pretty good KO combo.

Monkey Flip Grab release NV
If you monkey flip someone right next to the edge while you are facing off the stage, just wait till they release. As soon as possible, run off and fast fall a dair. you can recover immediately after by footstooling at low percents which will insure the kill. At higher percents you won't get the footstool, but you can still recover with a jump and up-b. I did this on ness at final d.

TECHNIQUES

->b edgeguard/hog mix-up
5. Tap away from stage, forward b towards stage, hold to stage to wallstick, tap away to fair, jump, fair (only 2nd fair at low %). You could also do a banana pull out, bair someone on the stage... etc. You can revise NL's special-k edgeguard and just ledgehop banana throw to another banana throw for a pretty good edgeguard too. combine with:
10. do #5 except re-grab the edge by not doing a fair and only fair if edgeguarding. this way if you get stagespiked they die too or get Final D'd. you can just wait there until it's time to get your invincibility for the edgehog. you can stick for 5 seconds.

Double dribble? But he only has one banana?!?!?! NV
13. you know the single and double dribble right? well you can do the double dribble pattern back and forth with one banana. you know how sometimes you turn around on accident while doing the single dribble? well to do that you just HOLD in that direction during the glide and you turn around and press a, repeat. it's double dribble with one banana. requires much faster fingers than single dribble. very difficult.

GTFO with Diddy's upb
16. say someone is edgeguarding, you tap away from the stage and immediately start charging upb. hold b down, but move the control stick to the down position and hold it there. this way, when diddy comes up with his up b he will miss the ledge, this should deploy the barrels to counter some projectiles. this is kind of good against people like falco spamming lasers so you can't get back up. you can fully charge it but you don't have to. also if they try to edgehog you have enough room to DI back to the stage. it will also hit away close up edgeguarders.

Jab Lock on Smashville Platform
I actually posted this a while ago, but it didn't get much attention. on the moving platform on smashville, the momentum moves opposite to you. so, if you are on the left side of the platform, your opponent to your right, and the platform is moving right, you can get in 49% free with a bunch of dtilts. switch around the lefts to rights and rights to lefts if the platform is moving left.

Foxtrotting back and forth
Just a simple very useful mindgame and good for spacing. somewhat like dribbling. You should be able to tap left and right fairly quickly, foxtrotting back and forth.

Hold me closer, Tiny Dancer
We all know the dash dance, where you rapidly smash the stick back and forth and your character runs back and forth like dumb***. well... let's make them a little less stupid, and make others wonder WTF we're doing. If you can, still rapidly move the control stick back and forth, but keep it to somewhat of a shake, barely moving the control stick. You're walk dancing, in a sense. I call it tiny dancer because it's like a small dash dance.

Twitch Walk
Kind of like the motion of tiny dancer, but only twitch the stick in one direction. It's the start of your walking animation rapidly repeating. Makes you look kind of like a spaz, and it's good for mindgames.

Banana Mortar
To make a banana not go as far, you can slightly tap the a button. We should all know that. Basically, just do this upwards, and use it like you would a mortar. (Snakes U-smash)

UpBanana chasing
kind of... well anyway... just upthrow, smash, tilt, or whatever hits up, into an already thrown banana for an extra 4 damage. This can also cancel their momentum giving you the opportunity to hit them again.

Kung-Fu SD? Naw...
Just remember that after you accidentally do a kungfu kick off the edge, if you still have a second jump, try to make it to the lip of the stage. You can still walljump straight to the edge. You can also kungfu kick away from the stage off the edge to edgeguard and jump back. It is dangerous, but outprioritizes a lot of upbs.

Reverse Sliding Usmash
I thought i would put this here. You can really do this anyone. It's basically this: Run, tap the other direction then hold up as you press a and jump at the same time. If done right you will turn around and slide doing an usmash the opposite way. I think the slide is from the jump cancel.

Monkey flip edgehog
Just tap off the edge and as fast as you can, forward b back towards the stage. If you have trouble doing it, try doing 1/4 speed in training then slowly increasing, or b-sticking just to get it down.

B-stick with nonana NV
Just a bit ago I made a thread about diddy without bananas. It turns out that you don't need the c-stick as much if you don't play with bananas, because you don't glide toss. Therefore you can b-stick. Diddy's forward b wavebounce gives him extra height, and you can approach with a horizontal momentum monkey flip, which is amazing. It also makes it easy to b-boost a banana pull out off the edge or a monkey flip for edgeguarding.

Horizontal monkey flip without b-stick from run NV
amazing approach. very easy if you just fox trot at them, and on one of the stick smashes, press b too.

Monkey Flip Edgehog NV
Probably pretty well known, but if you have trouble edgehogging, run off the edge and forward b to the stage. Works pretty fast and is easy.

IDK

Smash Lord
lol were you being sarcastic about the 999 thing or did you mean the gimp?

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Peanut Guns Dont Kill People PERIOD

But seriously though, if you Foward B away from the ledge. Then throw a banana peel to distract the other player. You can get yourself back on the stage and grab the banana. Pretty handy trick

Hanging from ledge- Foward B- Down B- Up b- Ledge attack while grabbing the banana peel.

General Diddy

Smash Apprentice
I've KOed Lucases with the peanut popper (he's using his PK thunder to recover, gets hit, plunges deeper, can't make it to edge anymore)

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Peanut Guns Dont Kill People PERIOD

But seriously though, if you Foward B away from the ledge. Then throw a banana peel to distract the other player. You can get yourself back on the stage and grab the banana. Pretty handy trick

Hanging from ledge- Foward B- Down B- Up b- Ledge attack while grabbing the banana peel.
Depends on who your playing. Do it once, it looks like a nice trick to your opponent. Do it twice and your opponent won't like it and try to stop it. All they have to do is go after you and hit you. It works sometimes. Its risky.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Peanut guns do kill people, I kill a falco/fox player about 1/5 stock with the popgun. I kill fox/falco plays 1/2 times with help from popgun. I kill any one else about 1/7 times with help from pop gun

IDK

Smash Lord
i know the first set of stuff wasn't too useful but i just edited and there's some really useful stuff.

IDK

Smash Lord
apparently i'm bumping my own thread a lot, but for good reason. i just edited again and i added single dribble in the double pattern. think you'll like it.
oh, and instead of getting up to get the banana, you can safely ledge hop airdodge just above the edge and regrab without going on the stage or being vulnerable to attack. also a good way to counter someone trying to banana edgeguard you. do the airdodge grab, then ledgehop throw banana, get the second banana. then naner lock that foo to a dash attack>dair off the edge. ----- anti edgeguard ftw.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
awesome thread bigmac good work.

My favorites are 1, 2, 5, and 10.

Umm...help out the diddy n00b here...what are 'banana lock' and 'single dribble'? I figured they were techniques, but how do you do them?

HMD

Smash Journeyman
i have one question how do u do the dance with the bananas like u throw them on the floor repeatedly

IDK

Smash Lord
awesome thread bigmac good work.

My favorites are 1, 2, 5, and 10.

Umm...help out the diddy n00b here...what are 'banana lock' and 'single dribble'? I figured they were techniques, but how do you do them?
okay... well banana lock is something basically every diddy in these boards knows how to do. can you glide toss? if so here's how you naner lock. glide toss to a second banana, press a to pick up the second one and quickly throw the second one while they're still tripped, pick up the first, glide toss, pick up second, normal throw, repeat until off stage. you can end this combo with a dash attack to short hopped dair, edgeguard, or throw them back into the nanner hell. *DOUBLE dribble is where you glide toss down back and forth between two bananas* and single dribble is where you glide toss down facing the opposite direction you glide and pressing a as soon as you slide to regrab it, and repeating. if you don't know how to glide toss, here's how most people do it: roll will L and right at the start of the roll, do a c stick throw on the banana. an effect of single dribble is similar to wavedashing.

i have one question how do u do the dance with the bananas like u throw them on the floor repeatedly
"DOUBLE dribble is where you glide toss down back and forth between two bananas"

Trapt497

Smash Ace
okay... well banana lock is something basically every diddy in these boards knows how to do. can you glide toss? if so here's how you naner lock. glide toss to a second banana, press a to pick up the second one and quickly throw the second one while they're still tripped, pick up the first, glide toss, pick up second, normal throw, repeat until off stage. you can end this combo with a dash attack to short hopped dair, edgeguard, or throw them back into the nanner hell. *DOUBLE dribble is where you glide toss down back and forth between two bananas* and single dribble is where you glide toss down facing the opposite direction you glide and pressing a as soon as you slide to regrab it, and repeating. if you don't know how to glide toss, here's how most people do it: roll will L and right at the start of the roll, do a c stick throw on the banana. an effect of single dribble is similar to wavedashing.

"DOUBLE dribble is where you glide toss down back and forth between two bananas"
Alright thanks for the info. I'll work on that.

Sorry again, new to the diddy forum, but I don't know glide toss either. To glide toss, do you throw a banana, and dash attack to pick up teh second one? Cause I do that a lot. Thanks.

saberhof

Smash Master
epic info :O...very usefull..

i wonder if there could be to mix it up with the glide tosses, like, if the banana doesnt hit him, you can single dribble backwards, wait for the other banana to fall(i dont know if this is something situational on where it would land depending on who you throw it to), then start double dribbling then glide toss one of them away from the opponent, then come back with a single dribble...

that would be so fun...:O

IDK

Smash Lord
took me a second to get what you were saying... but yeah i see where you're coming from. i'll try that out. oh wait... what do you mean if it doesn't hit them, then it falls? like it lands at their feet and they trip then the nana flies up?

note: i have a couple more useful things i found today i'll update later. i'm really tired right now... 8/6/08... ok they're up. i'm liking 17 a lot.

IDK

Smash Lord
well i dont know if this will bump but i noticed vyse put a link in his must reads thread, but put up the wrong link, so i'm just bumping this for people to read who didn't catch it and so he can find it for the right link. :)

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
thanks for the info about the double dribble with one banana, i didnt know what i was doing wrong because i couldnt pick up the nanas fast enough, and i've seen ninjalink do most of this stuff haha

saberhof

Smash Master
took me a second to get what you were saying... but yeah i see where you're coming from. i'll try that out. oh wait... what do you mean if it doesn't hit them, then it falls? like it lands at their feet and they trip then the nana flies up?

note: i have a couple more useful things i found today i'll update later. i'm really tired right now... 8/6/08... ok they're up. i'm liking 17 a lot.
if it doesnt hit them and it hits the shield, it will land somewere infront of them, and they would want to grab it...:D

IDK

Smash Lord
^^^ oh i see. @ meteor: i removed some either because i decided they sucked or were too well known.

IDK

Smash Lord
psh NL mine aren't like the same exact ones or anything... what did you expect me to do with these?

Trapt497

Smash Ace
yayz bumped and updated

its not that bad if they're too well known. If they are still useful they could still be put up as a reminder.

IDK

Smash Lord
bumping this so that if anyone cares they can tell me where to get a dazzle. that way i know if anyone wants a video anyway.

IDK

Smash Lord
what don't you get yoshididdy? i'd be happy to clarify while at the moment i don't have a dazzle. oh and i'm adding a couple things right now.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I really don't understand all the banana lock stuff you are talking about. Like theres one when you full hop throw then z catch the banana you pull out and banana lock? You got a few like that, but they are different techniques.

And the gtfo up B thing. What is that?

Top Bottom