• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Family Fun Center (FFC) Brawl Tournament #5 - Omaha, NE - August 24, 2008

Tyser

Smash Champion
v Where

- Family Fun Center
- 7052 Dodge Street | Omaha, Nebraska 68132

v What's going down

- Teams start at 1pm
- Singles start when Teams are done

v Cost of shiznit

- $10 Entry Fee per Game (meaning $10 for singles then $10 for doubles [$20 per team])
- One-Time $4 tournament registration fee

v Prizes

- Last time it went like this I think.
- 1st - 60%
- 2nd - 30%
- 3rd - 10%

v Rulez

- 3 stock / 8 minute limit
- Matches will be best of 3. Loser/Winner/Grand Finals will be best of 5, not 3.
- No items apparently.
- Team attack will be on.
- Staling will result in a punch in the back of the head by yours truly.
- Each person/team gets to ban a stage before you begin games. You cant use the stage for the entire set.
- This is what goes down with the shenanigans: Whoever loses the first match, they choose a stage on the Neutral or Counterpick list. After this, both players have the option of changing their character. Now you play on the countered stage. Just repeat shit afterwards according to the shit I typed up there.
- Infinites and other epicness are more than welcome.

v Stagez

Neutrals:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Island
- Lylat Cruise
- Smashville

Counterpicks:
- Luigi's Mansion
- Delfino Plaza
- Castle Siege
- Pirate Ship
- Frigate Orpheon
- Halberd

Banned:
- Everything else.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Remember, the day COULD change but Im 100% sure it will be on a Sunday in August. Just a heads up.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Haha, like David would ever let Snake be banned.
Also, is it actually going to be the stage list you posted or will it end up being the ******** stages that were at the last tourneys :ohwell:.

Tyser

Smash Champion
This is an only Brawl tournament like the other FFC tournaments. And Im going to try to use these stages because the stages at the last FFC were weird sort of (Skyworld and Green Hill o.O). Ill talk to David about it if I ever get in touch with him again.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Do you know what the actual tournament date is going to be yet? Because if it's not on the 17th and on the 24th I most likely won't be able to go :ohwell:

JCgraffiti

Smash Rookie
I will have to get work off for this, I need to get back into the tourney scene even if it is brawl.... :urg:

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
interesting counterpick list. haven't seen a tourney yet where cornaria, rainbow cruise, and pokemon 1 have been banned

§chizm

Smash Lord
Des Moines will more than likely show up to this as far as I know (though I'm not sure about myself because my first day of classes is at 8 AM the next morning :urg:).

Also, no Melee stage counterpicks makes me cry a little inside. I :heart: Rainbow Cruise and Japes. :laugh:.
I am happy to see Skyworld and Green Hill Zone gone though (Seriously, WTF. )

Will you be shouting Falcon Punch before you deal justice to stallers?

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Boo on Brawl.

Hopefully I will be able to stop by to see everyone though because I miss Smashers but Sunday is like THE day for playing tournies online. But I hate donkaments so if I go busto in a few right away I will probably get frustrated and call it a day, freeing me up lol...

JCgraffiti

Smash Rookie
XD
also gotta say YERRSS after you hit them
and say SHOW ME YOUR MOVES
Don't forget after that to scream URRRAAAAGHH while flexing your pecks with your plated nipples extended and all the while the theme song playing in the background *dun nun!*

Echo

Smash Champion
I should be attending this one. I also need a doubles partner, if anyones interested.

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
i hate brawl teams D:
i love brawl teams, i'm much better at teams than singles.

hopefully a group from Ames will be able to make it. It is the weekend after the first week of classes so we'll see

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Schism would u be able to drive or go to this one cause i dont think Dustin is going cause he has yugioh regionals the day before and he prefers that, or maybe i should play the guilt card and tell him he o us for the 2 tourneys he skip on us even though i know is not going to work T.T

Also. . . . . . . .

Will you be shouting Falcon Punch before you deal justice to stallers?

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
um, so hey. we should fire up some games saturday night before the tourney if anyone is willing to host a smurshfest...

Top Bottom