• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Neutral Air Return from Ledge, discussion on viability please.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Ok I'm sure someone has the ability to do this manually but today I've been screwing around with ledgehopped aerials as a viable return. Of all of them I've found that kind of surprisingly neutral air ledgehopped back onto the stage (using the diagonal input of my tilt c stick so I can control movement the whole while) is actually pretty handy, both for the priority/area/range it covers before it autocancels and the fact that it autocancels to begin with, allowing me to do much of anything straight out of the low knockback neutral air to begin with. To do it I'm basically doing the ledgehopped quickdraw input but obviously instead of forward B I'm hitting forward on my analog while hitting diagonal on my c stick. I'd upload video but I wont have access to the recording rig for a few days.

There's no actual worry of "missing" the stage and falling to my death due to neutral air's long *** animation if you don't land on the ground, the only main danger I've seen really is the same danger that all ledgehopped moves have, being beaten to the punch and knocked out of your second jump.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
yah lol I was going to mention that thread too. I'm still not sure if this is really all that useful after all there some characters that may actually spike you while you this or get in a F. smash. Ike, ganon, and DK to name a few.

I'm still wondering if it can be used as an edge guard against falco and fox though.

D

Deleted member

same as any other nair ike does, but if you miss the stage you die.

not reliable. wouldn't touch it.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Welcome to smashboards! Please dont revive year old threads especially when it adds nothing to the discussion. Please make any comment and / or questions in Ashunera's Library.

@brett. Did you see the dates? lol

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Holy crap. Year-old thread.

Didn't notice that until I realized that the post times were out of order on the same date. =P
Lmao, I didn't notice until I read your post. I didn't even clue in when I took the link to Ryko's vid and noticed it was uploaded in 2008.

Top Bottom