• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Footstool Double Jab Lock (Video Up)

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
Basically same set up as the Kirby Foot Stool Jab Lock except Jigglypuff can do more damage because of her two punch jab. So to sum it up.

1) Utilt or Pound. (Pound is more practical) Short hopping the pound makes it a whole lot easier.
2) Foot stool
3) Fast fall a late hitting Nair, a sour spotted Fair, or a Bair
4) Jab Jab
5) Take a step
6) Jab Jab
7) Take a step
8) Jab Jab
9) Take a step
10) ect.

Here's the video. Thanks a bunch Jeepy Sol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOLuUHJVHaU

It works best at 0%. It may work a couple of percents higher, definitely no more than 10%.

Alright, I did some more testing. I tested this on every character to see who it would work on and who it wouldn't. I tested it in training mode vs. lvl. 9 CPUs (Who will airdodge/roll as soon as they are able):

Characters it will work on

DK
Link
Zamus
Fox
Sheik
Falco
Charizard (Maybe)
Snake
Ganondorf
Wolf
Bowser
C. Falcon (Yeh-yus!!)
Lucas

Characters it will not work on

Mario
Samus
Kirby
Pikachu
Marth
G&W
Luigi
Diddy
Zelda
Pit
MK
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Ike (?)
Peach
Yoshi
IC
Lucario
Ness
Wario
T. Link
ROB
Olimar
J. Puff

Also, something that should be known: Hitting with the tip of pound will sometimes cause the player to be sent higher.

I think I will make a video showcasing is with each character.

Glick

Smash Lord
Hm. I made a thread about this a while ago(nobody really posted there), but I didn't know about the double jab. Nice.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Imo, there are plenty of things to do with it.
1. Run into a rest.
2. Foward Smash
3. Charge up rollout away from them because they will be struggling to get out and will attacking getting up while your just enough away to hit them with rollout.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Imo, there are plenty of things to do with it.
1. Run into a rest.
2. Foward Smash
3. Charge up rollout away from them because they will be struggling to get out and will attacking getting up while your just enough away to hit them with rollout.
f-smash and run into rest are by far the best options. You can get them to such high damage so easily that a f-smash is often the best scenario. But if you are running out of ledge and they will be killed by rest, do it.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Short hop and "tip" the pound, footstool, quickfall nair, then jablock.

If I could upload vids without my internet crashing, I would do it for you. Its extremely easy to do, lot easier then I thought it would be.

I managed so far to only do it on a still cpu(easy), a walking cpu(easy), running cpu(annoying, but easy once you pound them), a level 9 cpu(challenging), but I want the human factor in there, so I'm going to wait until 2pm and judge how easy that is.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
its pretty easy to land if you do a rising pound at the top of the other toon, and they're at 0%.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Make sure this is real. Kirby's FSJ -> Jab lock combo is easily escapable 100% of the time. Before his fast-falled Nair, the footstooled opponent can simply roll out of the way of the hit. Jigglypuff's is closer to the ground, so it may actually work, but ya'll should probably double check that this isn't escapable before you spend time practicing with it.

Pumeluf

Smash Rookie
This seems great, but maybe a little too hard for me! Although, I'm looking forward to seeing this in actual use- go Jigglypuff!

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Make sure this is real. Kirby's FSJ -> Jab lock combo is easily escapable 100% of the time. Before his fast-falled Nair, the footstooled opponent can simply roll out of the way of the hit. Jigglypuff's is closer to the ground, so it may actually work, but ya'll should probably double check that this isn't escapable before you spend time practicing with it.
I think that this is going to come down to a character specific thing. I did some minor tests on a lvl. 9 CPU in Training Mode, and the first thing that I noticed was that this works much better on heavier characters. For example, I tried it on Falco, and I was to pull off the footstool much closer to the ground than I showcased in my video versus Lucario, meaning that he had less time to roll away, and I believe that he was unable to roll away (For the most part, lvl. 9 CPUs will roll as soon as they are able after being FSJ'd). Obviously, the closer you footstool them to the ground the better.

Lighter characters, on the other hand, are able to escape. They can either airdodge, attack, or footstool you.

I'm thinking that this will be inescapable, but like I said, it will be character specific. If I had another person with me, I would test it myself, but I don't have anyone redily available. I'd be more than happy to test it on CPUs, I just don't know how accurate it would be.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I'd be happy to help test this on the cast. Pretty exciting stuff. I always thought that jiggs wouldn't be able to fall fast enough to do something like this.

Edit: not looking too good. Even with the very tip of the pound, many characters can air dodge. As well as that, all the characters I tested could roll before Jigglypuff could land the nair.

However, I got it to work properly on Falco once, but couldn't replicate it afterwards. In general, jigglypuff just doesn't fas fall fast enough.

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
I'm on the beach in Mexico with no access to my wii but I wanted to know if any one had tried setting it up with a dair. I know all the hit messes it up but if you hit them wit just one they wouldn't even have time to roll because of it range. Oh well, I'm going back to the beach. Later beaches.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I can do it with Falco pretty consistently. You just have to make sure that you hit with pound from far enough away, that you footstool him really close to the ground, and that you sh the footstool.

Zamuel

Smash Cadet
A Double-Slap semi infinite should definately help her game. I wonder how high you can get the opponent's damage before the utilt/Pound knocks them too far to be usable.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I'm on the beach in Mexico with no access to my wii but I wanted to know if any one had tried setting it up with a dair. I know all the hit messes it up but if you hit them wit just one they wouldn't even have time to roll because of it range. Oh well, I'm going back to the beach. Later beaches.
No, d-air doesn't work.

A Double-Slap semi infinite should definately help her game. I wonder how high you can get the opponent's damage before the utilt/Pound knocks them too far to be usable.
It works best at 0%. It may work a couple of percents higher, definitely no more than 10%.

Alright, I did some more testing. I tested this on every character to see who it would work on and who it wouldn't. I tested it in training mode vs. lvl. 9 CPUs (Who will airdodge/roll as soon as they are able):

Characters it will work on

DK
Link
Zamus
Fox
Sheik
Falco
Charizard
Snake
Ganondorf
DDD
Wolf
Sonic
Bowser
C. Falcon (Yeh-yus!!)
Lucas

Characters it will not work on

Mario
Samus
Kirby
Pikachu
Marth
G&W
Luigi
Diddy
Zelda
Pit
MK
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Ike (?)
Peach
Yoshi
IC
Lucario
Ness
Wario
T. Link
ROB
Olimar
J. Puff

Also, something that should be known: Hitting with the tip of pound will sometimes cause the player to be sent higher.

I think I will make a video showcasing is with each character.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Make sure you also test it at 1/4 the speed...

I tried it on Dedede and it didn't work. I operated his roll with my left pinkie, leaving all my other fingers to do the combo.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Yeah, DDD was actually one of the "maybe"s on my list.

And I can't do it in 1/4 speed. It messes up my fastfalls. But I thought for the most part, lvl 9s will roll ASAP. I mean, sometimes they don't, but for the most part, they will. Although it's possible my list is innaccurate. I'm just trying to narrow the list down until we know exactly who it can work on.

Top Bottom