• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's counter (Even that has lag)

lajackson07

Smash Apprentice
This thread is basically asking for information on how Ike's counter exactly works. I don't know if there is any other posts about it.

To begin to explain, I must begin with Marth's counter. I figure that Marth's counter works from the moment he takes his stance until the moment the sound stops.
Now Ike's counter. I figure basically that Ike's counter is the inverse of Marth and works at the times when Marth's counter has stopped. That means that Ike's counter activates at the time when the sounds stops until.....I guess until it doesn't work anymore.

My problem is that sometimes while using Ike's counter I still get hit as the sound stops and I don't know when the counter actually stops. So does anyone agree or disagree with this explanation or can anyone explain it in terms of frames or time of duration?

__V

Smash Journeyman
It has a half-second longer duration, and the sound is useless. Judge by when he sword locks into the stance.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ike's counter is predicting your opponent will attack you. Marth's is reflex. Thats how their counters work.

Ike's counter is great though. well maybe i'm just saying that cause i'm use to its timing.

Genetic

Smash Rookie
Hmm, sometimes I feel as though as I can get hit during the first few frames of Ike's counter, even after the metallic "click" sound, whereas Marth's counter seems a bit more reliable.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Read above and all your questions will be solved.

BRILLIANT! <_<

Basically, if you KNOW what your opponent will do in a given situation, then use it. Never count on it to do anything else for you-sometimes I use it to slow my falling speed in defense against projectiles and such, though.

lajackson07

Smash Apprentice
I'm really used to using it. I think I can get it off about 40 percent of the time. I just wanted to know exactly what was going on during the counter to become more effective when using it.

vegeta9000

Smash Cadet
all i can say is

marths counter is faster

ikes counter is slower

i think ike and marth both have their counters end at the same moment, but ikes starts a bit later, meaning marth has more "counter time"

i dont know for sure if ikes counter ends at a later frame than marths, but i definitely know ikes counter takes effect at a later frame than when marths does

Top Bottom