• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamerzlivelounge Tournament - Sterling Heights, MI- 7/19/08 - SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Kyle

Smash Rookie

We're holding both a team tournament and a singles this week. You can join either of them, or both. Extra Smash.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm usually not the first person to be negative, but expect this to be a scrub tournament. They banned Mortar sliding because they said "not every character gets the same benefit from it."

Seriously, don't waste your time on this tournament.

Oh and they take 50% of the money coming in. How's that for classy?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you went to Wal-Mart, and on the shelf, you found an item that said on the label "YOUR RIGHT TO MORTAR SLIDE", it would be free.

But if you tried to throw it away, the garbage man would knock on your door and say "EXCUSE ME, YOU CAN'T THROW THIS AWAY WITHOUT PAYING ME HALF THE POT."

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Dash CANCELING is banned?

Shiiiiieeettt, and all this time I thought shielding to cancel my dash was legit.

acv

Smash Journeyman
dash cancelling banned?

35% only?

dont expect too many people.i would go but i am entering a tournament that day to see if i can win diet coke.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
He's banning hitting down on the control stick after dashing, even though it does nothing useful in Brawl.

Brutos

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone give me a solid definition of "dash canceling?" Also, I'd like to hear the TO's definition of "dash canceling."

Vayseth

Smash Master
A technique in melee which if you hit down in the middle of a dash it would cancel it and allow you to do any move out of a dash. This is been taken out in brawl.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dash CANCELING is banned?

Shiiiiieeettt, and all this time I thought shielding to cancel my dash was legit.
Dash Canceling isn't even in the game anymore. Sakurai banned it. It's called Shield Canceling. Seriously, someone should go to the tourney and say "Umm... I'm not performing Dash Canceling, hence, it's tourney legal".

KhanSphere

Smash Cadet
Dash attack cancelling. You all knew what was meant and your fake ignorance isn't original or funny.

The other 50% of the pot is not going to me or Kyle, but to Gamerzlivelounge. We don't own it or have anything to do with it. Talk to the people there if you want, they'll tell you straight out that we're taking nothing and the other 50% is going to them.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is only Snake's mortar slide banned? or does it apply to all characters? Cause some characters don't get anything at all out of their cancelled dash attack -> Usmash, so why should they be banned?

Other than Snake DAC, how will you be able to tell between a DAC and a run, pause, upsmash? Some of them look really similar.

What will you do if someone comes up to you after a match and says "My opponent Dash attack cancelled with Donkey Kong, and beat me, so he should be DQ'ed, and I should advance." ??

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Dash attack cancelling. You all knew what was meant and your fake ignorance isn't original or funny.
I beg to differ. I laughed quite a bit.

What will you do if someone comes up to you after a match and says "My opponent Dash attack cancelled with Donkey Kong, and beat me, so he should be DQ'ed, and I should advance." ??
Don't ask such hard questions. They're obviously very experienced TOs with extensive knowledge into how rulesets work. Paltry things like logic won't phase them.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
you got up at 6:56 in the morning and still found enough creative energy to post a MtG card to make fun of someone?

I tip my eHat to you, sir.

nojoes

Smash Ace
the best thing about this thread is every single post is mocking the TO's or talking about how ******** they are. My curiosity nags me though, who the hell made the decision to ban DAC?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Don't advertise other tournaments in someone's thread. Don't be a D_B_S.

nevershootme

Smash Master
That's toki (hokuto no ken) preparing a Fatal KO on someone (in disguise)

back on topic. So if a sliding up smash with falco, link, or wario is considered Dash canceling, then i don't even know what to say, it's just a special controller input to perform (like a super in many fighting games)

edit: your venue could to stop ****** the 50%. pick a different venue i guess?

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
I'd come, but I'm actually busy this weekend, so I won't be able to show up tomorrow. But I'll hopefully make the next one.

Also, just to clarify I'm pretty sure what they are calling dash canceling is actually snake's sliding up smash(Mortor)

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
no i'm sure they got a few random locals. but they know they've got a horrible reputation here.

Brutos

Smash Apprentice
Turnout was pretty bad actually. It kinda felt like less than 10 people played at the tourney. I felt like I wasted my 10 dollars but w/e. Idk if I'm going to go to the next one. It will depend on who's going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom