• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fancy Smash III in Naperville RESULTS/SHOUTOUTS

Sn1per

Smash Journeyman
Hello,

This tourny went very smooth. I feel the rule change to have 5 min matches was a success. I heard a lot of positive feedback. Thank you for not complaining about the format and just trying it out. The results are as follows:

Doubles:

1: LOL Money, Money LOL ($108.00)
2: Team Charisma ($54.00)
3: Spicy Dijon Mustard ($18.00)
4: Zechun1
5: H4X
5: A man 13 and co.
7: Team Minivan
7: Team Shelda
9: Fit

Singles Brackets and Overall:

1: Tink
2: RAT
3: Metroid1117
4: Zec
5: TANO
5: Zjinn
7: Ray Chun
7: Les
9: DLA
9: Zero
9: Emar
9: STIG
13: Charlie
13: Q-Tip
13: Salud
13: Me41k

Singles POOLS:

1: Les
1: Emar
1: Metroid1117
1: Zjinn
2: Zero
2: Tink
2: Zec
3: TANO
3: Salud
3: Me41k
3: Ray Chun
4: STIG
4: Q-Tip
4: Charlie
4: DLA
4: Mene
5: Byron
5: Bunny
5: Big D
6: HALF demon
6: Turk
6: Alby
7: Rogue

Thanks everyone! I hope you had fun. I might do shout outs later.

-Zec

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
Did not do good in singles. 5th in doubles is good though...

Question: what do you mean shoutouts?

paralasalud

Smash Ace
shout outs go to:

stig: hilarious identical sheiks and jiggs reps. what what.

DLA: those were some fun friendlies.

everyone in my pool, ggs.

"she can make it back from that? i can't believe dat ****!" -tink on jigglypuff's rollout

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Top8 characters?

1: Tink
3: Metroid1117
4: Zec
5: TANO
5: Zjinn
7: Ray Chun
7: Les

BIG C

Smash Master
teams
LOL$ $LOL (BIGC and tink) snake/wario and gw
Team Charisma (Les and his friend) meta and luigi
spicy dijon mustared (Zjiin and BigD)snake and marth
zechun1 (Zec and Ray Chun) marth/fox and pika/falco

singles
tink(wario/GW)
rat(falco/GAY *** MOFO WITH A LASER AND A CHAINGRAB)
metroid(ike)
zec(marth/fox/ and at least one snake match)
tano(diddy kong i think)
zjiin(snake/rob/zss maybe)
ray chun(pika/falco)
les(metaknight)

metroid1117

Smash Master
(copy+pasted from my original shout-out)

That was a fun tourney. Good games to everyone I played; I learned a lot by playing so many different styles today.

@Rat: I'll figure out how to beat your Falco... someday >.>. Great job getting 2nd (this I added in to my original shout-out).

@Tink: Congratulations on getting 1st place. It was fun Ike dittoing you in pools; it's too bad we couldn't get in some friendlies.

@Other people I played: Sorry I don't know your names, but again, it was fun playing all of you. It was cool seeing who you guys are in real life, instead of relying on how you guys seem like online.

By the way, I was the Ike player :p.

EDIT: More shoutouts, now that I'm more awake.

@Zec: Thank you for hosting this tourney; it was great. The matches that we played were good.

@Zijin: My friends later told me that you were the Snake user (I hadn't known before); those matches were crazy fun.

Leech

Smash Journeyman
Wish i would have went but my friend was getting back from hawaii that day..

elementmario222

Smash Rookie
^^I really enjoyed playing your Diddy. Never knew the bananas could be so annoying (I was the G&W).

Awesome Ike metroid1117, fun playing matches against a non Aether-spammer.

It's nice meeting people who actually care about Smash. Not going to be here next month, but I'll be practicing for the one after that.

BIG C

Smash Master
and johnz on the whole time limit not affecting anything since the last like 10 matches of the tournament all went to last minute, or even less. it only works because the person w/o a projectile will have to come at a person with a projectile. If I entered I planned on playing pit or metaknight and just hitting ppl then running around the stage under and over with glide and multi-jumps.

but i don't like singles in the least bit and that would make me like them to an even lesser extent so I did not do it.

Mars-

Smash Champion
and johnz on the whole time limit not affecting anything since the last like 10 matches of the tournament all went to last minute, or even less. it only works because the person w/o a projectile will have to come at a person with a projectile. If I entered I planned on playing pit or metaknight and just hitting ppl then running around the stage under and over with glide and multi-jumps.

but i don't like singles in the least bit and that would make me like them to an even lesser extent so I did not do it.
It's okay big c, next month is melee you can have your time to shine where camping doesn't work as well. I'll be making the next one if it is melee.

BIG C

Smash Master
It's okay big c, next month is melee you can have your time to shine where camping doesn't work as well. I'll be making the next one if it is melee.
rofl i'm sorry i don't play melee competitively anymore I blow at such a game now. I would be done with all of it completely if I didn't make money in teams and if the people by me didn't go anymore.

Mars-

Smash Champion
rofl i'm sorry i don't play melee competitively anymore I blow at such a game now. I would be done with all of it completely if I didn't make money in teams and if the people by me didn't go anymore.
Are you talking about melee or brawl?

Sn1per

Smash Journeyman
You make like... 50$ ... any job (even the worst of jobs) would make much more than that. If you hate the game so much, and really don't have fun, let's stop the complaining about it--stop going--and get a job?! Holyyyyy moly.

I'm sure you woulda thought about this already--so the real answer is--you love the game and you want to play it for the sake of the competition. If that's not true...and making 50$ every random tourny weekend is good enough for you...and you hate this game (and loveeee to b*tch about it) then you're an idiot. :p (And I know you're not an idiot...so you can only Love this game and playing it competitivly).

-Zec

BIG C

Smash Master
You make like... 50$ ... any job (even the worst of jobs) would make much more than that. If you hate the game so much, and really don't have fun, let's stop the complaining about it--stop going--and get a job?! Holyyyyy moly.

I'm sure you woulda thought about this already--so the real answer is--you love the game and you want to play it for the sake of the competition. If that's not true...and making 50$ every random tourny weekend is good enough for you...and you hate this game (and loveeee to b*tch about it) then you're an idiot. :p (And I know you're not an idiot...so you can only Love this game and playing it competitivly).

-Zec
naw it's more like i still like to go to tournies but, the game sucks and I would still tag along to tournies if I didn't play in them if people were going. teams is still kinda fun singles is just sooo stupid. I mean I'll prove it that I'm not playing melee anymore at damian's tourny which I'll be at but won't be entering any of the tournies because I lost all the skill I had in that game and I don't feel like taking the time to practice to get it back.

I just like goin and seein ppl i like and hangin with said people. and if i can make 30-50 bucks in a day hangin out with people that's fine by me. I would understand your argument for my going to tournies and secretly loving the game if I played in teams and singles. I only play teams for a reason. The reason is that singles is actually camptastical and I saw it at your tourny just as much as anywhere Me14k vs tink and rat vs Tink is all I had to see.

Me14k was ahead so he would just camp and throw **** wow that's awesome and rat just would shoot lasers til tink would come in and could get a grab to chaingrab. MAN WHAT AN AWESOME GAME. I mean ray chun camped the hell out of you in singles, Zec. of course I only really watched wayne's matches so I don't have many more examples.

In short the game sucks and I don't like it the only funny thing to me is that the person winning tournaments Tink thinks the game is stupid as well. Not as much as I dislike it but, still thinks it's stupid. Especially after the cyber arena 2 diddy. and how everyone plays in general cuz it's campy as ****. like go to a real tourny and see for yourself zec.

and as for the $50 a day that is better than a normal job you know high scholl education = $7 an hour maybe and that with an 8 hr day would be $56 minus taxes like i'll give it 40 so yea no johnz. all i need is for more ppl to stop with the johnz and do teams. also like a job is work and smash isn't work it's like me hitting l,a, and forward on the control stick and that's pretty much it roll and tilt. throw in a nair every now and then. Also, I'd still go to tournaments if I had a job just to make that extra 50 bucks.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Me14k was ahead so he would just camp and throw **** wow that's awesome and rat just would shoot lasers til tink would come in and could get a grab to chaingrab. MAN WHAT AN AWESOME GAME. I mean ray chun camped the hell out of you in singles, Zec. of course I only really watched wayne's matches so I don't have many more examples.
Me14k has always been campy.

I'm surprised ray chun camps he was always one of the funner falcos to play because he didn't camp. I wanna say yoru was fun but idk I didn't have fun almost getting jv 5 stocked by him when I was supposed to be getting better.

I haven't seen zec play but I know in melee he always found ways around camping lol his fox was amazing he would be ultra defensive until he got a hit then bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang some random *** combo/di chase/tech chase.

I know this has nothing to do with what you are saying but I felt like saying it so yeah.

BIG C

Smash Master
Me14k has always been campy.

I'm surprised ray chun camps he was always one of the funner falcos to play because he didn't camp. I wanna say yoru was fun but idk I didn't have fun almost getting jv 5 stocked by him when I was supposed to be getting better.

I haven't seen zec play but I know in melee he always found ways around camping lol his fox was amazing he would be ultra defensive until he got a hit then bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang some random *** combo/di chase/tech chase.

I know this has nothing to do with what you are saying but I felt like saying it so yeah.
rofl sorry about this zec but man i'm sorry that is how the majority of fox players play. they wait until they get a hit then go for drill shine grab uthrow uair/ w/e other gay **** fox can do.

Sn1per

Smash Journeyman

I'd like to point out that... neither of these really campy people won...tink--who isn't so campy-- won.

So camping isn't the best strat afterall--holy moly.

If you learn to play without camping maybe you'd enjoy Brawl more and win some stuff?

Just a thought? Everyone goes right to camping but it's clearly not the best strat.
PS. I know I din't camp and yes I know, I did not win but I beat most campy people I've played....and the guy I lost to did not camp at all...he got 3rd.

-Zec

Rat

Smash Lord
Geeze Big C. All these johns coming at my face.

I had a lot of fun this tourney. Really glad I did well..

Crazy thing that happened:
After the tournament we went to Zec's house. Upon arriving I locked my keys in the car, while it was still running =(. We called the cops and they thankfully broke into my car (it look like 40 minutes). But it turned out that the cop that showed up, grew up in the same podunk town (leighton, iowa) and in the exact same house I did! (His dad was the previous CRC Pastor before mine.) Small World.

Shoutouts:
Zec: Thanks for hosting! Good to meet you and play smash in your car (ridiculous!)
The Guy that owned the car shop next door (Dean?): It was nice talking to you, and sorry for the timse I swore.
Metroid1117: Good games. You are definately the best Ike i've played, and I had a lot fun playing you. (The Bthrow on the platform to run off Fair was a ridiculous combo.) (Thinking about the stages, I'm not sure Yoshi's is such a good counter pick. Even though the stage funks up Falco's overB, the middle platform really seems to hurt your double jump baits.)
TANO: Good diddy kong. Sorry about being so annoying our first friendly. Oh and Happy Birthday!
Ray Chun: Is the man. It's always fun hanging out.
BigD: Way to beast with that coat hanger. Good times
Vro: This guy is too good. Showing up late, not even entering. Reverse lazering all over the place. ridiculous =). I'm excited to finish our Yomi MM tomorrow!!!
Tink: Good games sir. I really enjoyed our games, I'm not sure I can beat you when you step it up (like the last game), but regardless I had fun. I'll get you next time.
Big C: It was fun hanging out Big C. But Seriously, you heckling me (or the game) was annoying. Even though I am a campy ******* with a laser and a chain grab, i still have to work to win. It's not like I can just apply Laser + chaingrab and win (well against some people I can). This game still takes a lot of prediction. Even though you don't enjoy the game, when I was playing Tink is was probably some of the most fun i've had with this game. Trying to guess through his tricks and maintain optimal position is fun. Seeing which of my stupid ****/tricks will work is fun. Thinking through their options + patterns for an optimal move was well really fun. I'm not really trying to sway you or anything. I just wanted to voice some of my thoughts.

Everyone else: GGs sirs.

Tink

Smash Hero
rofl, id just like to say GGs to all. metroid and rat surprised me alot.

but zec, i win because im just the better player(not trying to sound cocky). if someone who was as skilled as me at the game, decided to camp, it would be a different story(OS 2 stocked me twice by sticking to the ledge and spamming) <_<. me14k, who doesnt even play this game, took me to 3rd game beause he just ran away and spammed me heh. thats pretty **** gay <_<. i mean, i like brawl sometimes, but it does get gay ALOT.

Akashi

Smash Lord
Brawl is awesome <_<. I hate it when people compare it to Melee because even though it's from the same franchise, it's a totally different game. If you don't like it, please by all means, just don't play it. Although I agree with Big C that more people should play doubles! :p

By the way, I loved the friendly atmosphere when I was there. I really only came to have fun and/or meet some new friends, and fortunately enough I met some awesome people. Rat, Metroid, I'd love to add your FC or talk to you via msn/aim if you're interested.

BIG C

Smash Master
Geeze Big C. All these johns coming at my face.

I had a lot of fun this tourney. Really glad I did well..

Crazy thing that happened:
After the tournament we went to Zec's house. Upon arriving I locked my keys in the car, while it was still running =(. We called the cops and they thankfully broke into my car (it look like 40 minutes). But it turned out that the cop that showed up, grew up in the same podunk town (leighton, iowa) and in the exact same house I did! (His dad was the previous CRC Pastor before mine.) Small World.

Shoutouts:
Zec: Thanks for hosting! Good to meet you and play smash in your car (ridiculous!)
The Guy that owned the car shop next door (Dean?): It was nice talking to you, and sorry for the timse I swore.
Metroid1117: Good games. You are definately the best Ike i've played, and I had a lot fun playing you. (The Bthrow on the platform to run off Fair was a ridiculous combo.) (Thinking about the stages, I'm not sure Yoshi's is such a good counter pick. Even though the stage funks up Falco's overB, the middle platform really seems to hurt your double jump baits.)
TANO: Good diddy kong. Sorry about being so annoying our first friendly. Oh and Happy Birthday!
Ray Chun: Is the man. It's always fun hanging out.
BigD: Way to beast with that coat hanger. Good times
Vro: This guy is too good. Showing up late, not even entering. Reverse lazering all over the place. ridiculous =). I'm excited to finish our Yomi MM tomorrow!!!
Tink: Good games sir. I really enjoyed our games, I'm not sure I can beat you when you step it up (like the last game), but regardless I had fun. I'll get you next time.
Big C: It was fun hanging out Big C. But Seriously, you heckling me (or the game) was annoying. Even though I am a campy ******* with a laser and a chain grab, i still have to work to win. It's not like I can just apply Laser + chaingrab and win (well against some people I can). This game still takes a lot of prediction. Even though you don't enjoy the game, when I was playing Tink is was probably some of the most fun i've had with this game. Trying to guess through his tricks and maintain optimal position is fun. Seeing which of my stupid ****/tricks will work is fun. Thinking through their options + patterns for an optimal move was well really fun. I'm not really trying to sway you or anything. I just wanted to voice some of my thoughts.

Everyone else: GGs sirs.
well i'm sorry sir it's the same thing for me to watch a falco in melee ****'s gay that's all. and i only heckle when it's a crewmate playing if it was you versus like ankoku or rofa or someone that I don't know/ I'm not cool with in tourny you would prolly hear me commending you for doing gay **** and knockin them for doin gay **** it's how it works with the **** talkin.

like if it was you vs OS oooh man Rat you don't even know how much I would be encouraging that CG laser strat.
i never aim to offend and idc that you use a strat that i consider gay, i just don't see a problem with me voicing my opinion on what i think is gay and whatnot as ppl should know if you have played me in melee.

BIG C

Smash Master
Brawl is awesome <_<. I hate it when people compare it to Melee because even though it's from the same franchise, it's a totally different game. If you don't like it, please by all means, just don't play it. Although I agree with Big C that more people should play doubles! :p

By the way, I loved the friendly atmosphere when I was there. I really only came to have fun and/or meet some new friends, and fortunately enough I met some awesome people. Rat, Metroid, I'd love to add your FC or talk to you via msn/aim if you're interested.
this right here is why I don't do singles I enjoy teams to an extent because of the lack of gay **** that can happen. I despise singles because of the abundance of gay **** that can happen so I don't play singles.

BIG C

Smash Master
What exactly did I say that fuels your reason for hating singles?O_o Because I said it's totally different than Melee and if you don't like Brawl just don't play it?
i was just using ur if you dont like the game don't play it. doubles and singles are 2 different games imo i like teams but not singles.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
man, i had fun.

i definitely did get camped, i won't say by who, but it sucked. a lot. and it was gay as hell..

but other than that i had fun.
maybe because i play jiggs, but yeah i had fun.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Hey, it's the Snake/G&W guy. I'm surprised I got in 9th... not bad for my first tourney eh?

A few shoutouts (I don't remember many peoples' names):

Zec--Thanks for hosting the tournament man, it was a huge blast. I loved when I pulled out the 9 on the Hammer, but you didn't die and I lost :(

TheStig/Paralasalud--Great Jiggs, both of you. Those were some fun friendlies, especially New Pork City.

Zjinn--Awesome Snake mirrors... we had frighteningly similar playstyles, those were really fun.

Iao--Thanks for showing me the tourney thread, wouldn't have found it otherwise.

Mene--Thanks for the 2v2 (H4X), thankfully I didn't get caught in too many Ike Fsmashes : /

Mars-

Smash Champion
but zec, i win because im just the better player(not trying to sound cocky). if someone who was as skilled as me at the game, decided to camp, it would be a different story(OS 2 stocked me twice by sticking to the ledge and spamming) <_<. me14k, who doesnt even play this game, took me to 3rd game beause he just ran away and spammed me heh. thats pretty **** gay <_<. i mean, i like brawl sometimes, but it does get gay ALOT.
That means something to me because if you are more skilled and winning then that means that us lower level players still have to catch up to you. And I'm sure when that happens this game will be a lot more developed then it is right now. Honestly it looks like brawl might be able to make it pretty far up there in advanced technique. People are finding things that work when they least expect it. I mean today I read that a newer tactic for samus is grabbing just so you can punch so that you can cancel the deminishing attack effect. Now I thought that was a really ****ing good idea. And I have been trying to play melee again but I just can't do this **** again. I don't know how I ever had motivation to play samus in a game that revolves so much around marth/fox/sheik. Idk I might just pick up falco he is easier then samus and has more potential.

I'm hoping that maybe we can have some tvs at the next one for brawl, I would play again. If anyone nearby is planning on having some brawlfests small or big let me know cause I can come out and smash a bit.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I am horrible at Melee... if I went next month, it would be to play Brawl, not Melee. I'll sport a TV and a Wii with Brawl next month for the Brawlmeisters like me who suck at Melee, maybe we can do some friendlies.

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
I'm in for brawl friendlies next month. I think I might have a mini tv laying around somewhere, I'll have to look for that sometime soon.

If we're going for brawl and not melee, would we have to pay? >_>

Top Bottom