• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is mario's best move??

yo peachkid when did i ever say you said 'tha cape sucks'? if you dont agree its tha best move thats your opinion and your open to it. i just wanted to show you how effective it can be in a match and that you dont just have to use it for edge gaurdin but also for head to head battle

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Glad to be of service, Peachkid. Saying cape is the best move in the game is like saying the sky isn't blue on a clear and beautiful day. It's false. As a matter of fact, cape can be used against you, too. If someone expects you to cape, all they have to do is roll behind you, dodge, or do the attack in the opposite direction so that can go to your direction to punish you. The post-lag doesn't go well for Mario and there are other moves that are faster and do more damage. Cape doesn't rack up damage like the aerials and smashes Mario has. It's more useful if you want to edgeguard or reflect something. That's why cape isn't the best move. It is a good move, though. This debate's over.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
By this post

want me to show you how good tha cape is? you up for a challenge next week?
u say want me to show u how good the cape is. thats basicly saying "oh u think it sucks so ill show u how" and i know how good the cape is i dont need u to show me that! i already play a really good mario. and if this isnt clear enough playing me wont change my opinion on the cape! a good move but no where near close to the best move in the game.

Glad to be of service, Peachkid. Saying cape is the best move in the game is like saying the sky isn't blue on a clear and beautiful day. It's false. As a matter of fact, cape can be used against you, too. If someone expects you to cape, all they have to do is roll behind you, dodge, or do the attack in the opposite direction so that can go to your direction to punish you. The post-lag doesn't go well for Mario and there are other moves that are faster and do more damage. Cape doesn't rack up damage like the aerials and smashes Mario has. It's more useful if you want to edgeguard or reflect something. That's why cape isn't the best move. It is a good move, though. This debate's over.
couldnt put it any better than that my friend :)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mario's smash attacks can be quite reliable if they're not abused way too much. Also, his aerials such as the u-air, b-air, and d-air can help rack up damage to your opponents.

However, finding his best move can be tricky. Of course, his d-smash is quick and has good knockback as well.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Whenever I play Mario I tend to use his Smashes a lot.
My favorite being the powerful and boring Smash Forward on the ground.

I also enjoy executing his F-air attack, it being a meteor smash.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Whenever I play Mario I tend to use his Smashes a lot.
My favorite being the powerful and boring Smash Forward on the ground.

I also enjoy executing his F-air attack, it being a meteor smash.
Just don't spam his fair because of the lag and the smashes because they lost their power. There's that, and you'll be more predictable if you do. Use them wisely. :)

Top Bottom