• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness's Side Taunt = Invincibility Frames?

panique365

Smash Cadet
So I was going against my cousin, He's Sonic and I'm Ness. So he starts to charge his Down-B and I'm on the opposite side of the stage (Final Destination), and I'm just waiting to see if he would release it, so I start taunting, and right when I'm starting up my Side taunt, he releases his Down-B and I'm still in the middle of the taunt. So I'm thinking "Aw, he got me", Nope, he just goes right through me, and I was untouched.

I tried doing it again but I never managed to do it, I don't know if you need to have perfect timing or if it was just another once in a lifetime glitch...

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'm assuming you didn't flinch. There is this thing called a Phantom Hit that was seen in Melee. I don't know if that was intentional in the game or if it was just a glitch. Either way if Sonic hit you and there was just a nick of an orange spark, then that's pretty much been introduced in the game. Did Sonic hit you fully or did he just like hit you at hitting range but didn't hurt you? If that's it then yeah, it's apart of the game and it rarely happens. Funny story in Melee, though. One time I was doing a combo on Peach with Captain Falcon. I used The Knee on her for the final blow and she got hurt but didn't fly. It was so depressing.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Ghost hits were so funny. You could get consecutive ghost hits also XD
Anyways, did he jump out of it by any chance? If not, then it couldnt have been a phantom hit.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Gah! I think I went under my brothers account on YouTube! Anyway this'll make Sonic players hate my Ness even more.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Ha! I gotta tell my little brother about this. He mains Ness.
Does anyone know if this works on any other attack or any character?
Is Sonic the only one?

Tenki

Smash Hero
lololololmindgameslolzolljgdfkljshlkja

ROFLMAO

I watched for like 5 seconds and my suspicion after reading the OP was correct.

What happened was that Sonic instantly started to do a turnaround as he released spin charge. The turnaround has no attackbox at all, and it doesn't start up until Sonic starts gaining enough momentum.

hahaha...haha...ha
i find it slightly disturbing that people on swf have such little matchup experience against Sonic.

P.S. Uffe, I was kinda thinking I shouldn't have told you about this and played against you on wifi a few times. I could imagine it - Tenki charges spindash and Uffe starts spamming Side Taunt. Uffe gets combo'd for 25 damage and tries again.

..but my wii can't connect to my network atm.

hahaha

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Ah I see... Well I'll take the video down... I guess it's because none of us play sonic. Anyway thanks Tenki.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Too late... I deleted it... I also read the secret message in your post.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Okay I don't know... My attempts don't work... Now I know it's this color.
This color right here

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
No, actually the meta knight just started the drill too close to Marth.

Uffe

Smash Hero

P.S. Uffe, I was kinda thinking I shouldn't have told you about this and played against you on wifi a few times. I could imagine it - Tenki charges spindash and Uffe starts spamming Side Taunt. Uffe gets combo'd for 25 damage and tries again.

..but my wii can't connect to my network atm.

hahaha
Yeah, it was worth a shot, but it's not something I plan on using. Hell, I'm better off using Ness yo-yo. Lately for some reason I've been doing terrible against Sonic. I think perhaps I'm fighting more experienced Sonic players now. I'll get better eventually, though. Also, that explains the lack of Tenki on wifi lately. I was wondering what had happened.

Top Bottom