• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official " Ask Dark.Pch for video advice" Thread

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well here is a thread for all you Peach players wanting advice. I, Dark.Pch will take the time to look at ALL Peach videos for advice and give out hardcore advice. No cheap ones. I will point out times in the videos to so you can see what you did right/wrong. I rather it just be a simple "give me advice" type thing. No rate my Peach and stuff. I assume you can make a seprate thread for that and get more attention since in here I'll be the one Dishing the advice and such. That is if you guys trust me enough to give advice.

I'm also doing this so I can study more about How people play Peach. What makes you flinch. And when you flinch. What attack do you do when you flinch. What moves you abuse when you feel pressured. etc. Pretty much looking inside the average Peach player. This will help me become a better player and it will let me know what to do in certain situation.

With the vids you post up, I have to picture myself in there and then think of a way to handle the situation. So post vids you want advice on and I shall give it to you. No limit to the number of vids to give advice in here. But please. Dont try to kill me eh?

tonyrulz92

Smash Apprentice
How long is this thread gonna be used? I mean, is this just a day or week thing? How long is it going to last?

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
absolutly no ftilts... i checked. And its such a good move. Also, on your turnips, you only glide tossed once I believe. and every time you did it seemed like an obligation or something. You should be using them to create opening and mindgames not just arbutrarily pulling and tossing. All in all didn't look bad. good job, and I got scared for you near the end.

Edit: Heres the one of me I've been trying to get up for days now... Its pretty old its before I knew how to glide toss:(. Im going to get a more current one up soon hopefully. As it stand however, this is all I have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh6HS3XOD9o

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Is it OK if I send you a replay? I lack a capture card -_-

Oryan

Smash Apprentice
absolutly no ftilts... i checked. And its such a good move. Also, on your turnips, you only glide tossed once I believe. and every time you did it seemed like an obligation or something. You should be using them to create opening and mindgames not just arbutrarily pulling and tossing. All in all didn't look bad. good job, and I got scared for you near the end.
Hehe, all that stuff is in the second video which I'm uploading now :p I would of uploaded it yesterday but I forgot I had a Microbio exam today (:dizzy:)

EDIT: Uploaded... Look at 5th post :D

-Oryan

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
can i show you my team battle?
I only do single videos not teams. I can't give legit advice through teams.

How long is this thread gonna be used? I mean, is this just a day or week thing? How long is it going to last?
Forever

I dont think I am gonna rate videos that are old and you dont play like that anymore. It be better if you showed me a recent one.

Is it OK if I send you a replay? I lack a capture card -_-
Cant you send it to someone to upload it for you?

My friend tubs and I played 2 quick matches. These aren't our "best" performances obviously, but its something I want critiqued.

1st match:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6TqkRfHq_8

2nd match:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVylV7TGDLE

*note* the first time I save link on the first stock was on purpose... the others weren't :p

thanks in advance,
oryan

First vid- You are kinda greedy on attacking. You need to calm down on that. Also when you are landing stop trying to get a hit off people. You kept on getting hit for it. Just land away from them. Your taking damage that you should not be.

You Roll and Dash attack alot. Get some more grabs in there.

Also when one is shooting you with projectiles, dont rush in at them. You were getting hit alot at the end. Just calm down and worry about touching the floor safe.

Second vid-

1:07- Just what are you attacking? You just attack hoping to get the hit off. Link is over you. You need to pay more attention.

1:47: Once again you attack without thinking. Your just rushing this guy. Thats not gonna get you anywhere, and it isnt.

2:48: Don't Pick up turnips that boldly like that, look what happen to you. You need to keep a close eye on people with projectiles and make sure it is safe to pick up a turnip.

3:13-3:16: See what I mean with just going in there blindly? You just moved into everything. Play close attention when you up in someones face.

3:30- That is not gonna work. Dont try to dsmash into everything. it gets predictable and easy to punish

4:52 Dude you gotta stop just trying to rush in.

Your defense is weak. And you roll alot. I was able to read you and tell where you was gonna roll and when you was gonna roll.

Glide toss more, its a good way to get close to someone. And Use her Jabs.

You really need to be paying more attention. Half the time your attacking nothing when he is ether over you or not in your range. Think and plan out before you attack.

First Vid-

I cant give advice on this since you murdered this DK. so its hard to point out anything.

Second Vid-

:34 If they are that close do attacks that are fast or just grab them.

Once again I cant give much advice to vids like this. Only thing I can say is lay off the dash attacks. And dont always side stept to Dsmash. Look at what happen on your second stock. And work on your spacing. Pull away in the air when you attack thier shield. it makes it hard For them to attack or grab you out the shield.

Oryan

Smash Apprentice
I appreciate it boss, I'll work on it. I can feel myself attacking blindly and playing a little too aggressive... now that someone said it, I can actually work on it :)

once again, thanks and I hope to get some videos out of the improved peach.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This one i like. Its shows me almost playing the way i usually do. I use "usually" because it was one of my first videos ever and i got sidetracked into actually recording it instead of playing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cncvlBgY6Kk
I'll get recent ones when i get the game.
Not Bad. Your Peach is pretty solid.

One thing I noticed about you is you roll alot. Attack out of your shield instead of rolling when your enemy is near you. Its a good way to protect yourself, stay close to your foe and get a good ghit off them. As well as spacing.

And dont might up turnips to bodly against Fast characters within their speed range. they cn attack you while you get one and it leaves you open for a clean hit/grab.

Also against fast characters, dont chase them so much. They can out run you. And chaing them can lead you into trouble with leaving yourself open. But to let them come to you. In this case its sonic, he can't attack you from distance. But you can, so no need to chance him.

But good Peach over all, keep it up.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Its really hard to see ones flaws when you are beating the hell out of them.

I dont have much to say here.

What I did noticed is in the first vid, you float too much. Its not getting you anywhere and makes you slow.

Also you are a lil slow on the ground. Try not to stay in one place so much and react fast and glide toss more.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Game 1- I must say, you sir, have a good grab game I'll give you that much. The problem I saw here is that you Fair too mych and a lill too aggressive. Need to calm down some eh? when recovering, you always rushed into mario wanting to counter or toad him. Relax. When returning, your first mission is to get back on the stage safe. The heck with the opponent. Get on the stage and then worry about the enemy. So Yea lay low on them fairs man. Mario should not be living that long. You grabing him alot was good cause it refreshes your moves. But that went to waste cause you Fair too much.

Game 2-
0:28: In causes like this, bair or ground float to bairs.

Overall- When Mario is shooting fire balls, move in slwoly. Don't be aggressive and try to rush through it. Thats how he got most of the hits. nd as I said before, you need to calm down some.

Game 3-
1:12: Jab out of the shield. It has more range than grab and would have it him, then can follow up with w/e.

Game 4- Can't say much about this one

Game 5-

Game 6-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is all I have for you as of now. This PC is being really dumb with youtube. So I will get at the other 2 videos 2morrow. But over all you need to have a lil more of defensive game. You are aggressive but not that much so that is at least good. And relax when returning on to the stage. Save your life first, then worry about the enemy.

But you have a good grab game. this will help you tons. Keep that grab game or imrpove it some more. And lay off the fiar usuage so much. So for your Peach I say is a C rank.

hova

Smash Champion
lmao... come on dude

you can't just copy stuff from other threads trying to revive your own

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
lmao... come on dude

you can't just copy stuff from other threads trying to revive your own
I posted in the dudes thread saying his advice will be thrown in here. Think it is about time I started using this again, since I usually see threads for help and people don't get it. So this is what this thread is for. So I really don't see why you laughing so hard. It's not that serious. But anyway........

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Dude I need to lurk the Peach boards more......this s*** is hilarious.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You again..as usual.

Listen, I am not gonna get into it with you. If you have no deal in this thread then don't post in here. Stay out. I don't want a fight or stupid crap going on here. Few Peach players said they use this thread so its back on the air as a favor. Keep this up and I will report you. There won't be a fight, I won't say a word, I am just reporting people. Done and back to the point of this thread.

Thank you.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
Hmm... I'd some kind of advice from a pro Peach player ^__^

Perhaps I could have a friend upload a couple of my replays soon.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Seems like I have been over runned by that other video thread. But if you still want advice from me, then just post the vids here and I'll give you some.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
0:20- Dont do that again. That is to slow and thus you got punished for it. instead just turn around and jab. Much faster and He would have never hit you. When doing reversal attacks, do this.

2:21- Don't roll. attack out of the shield. If you would have done that to a Bair or ground floated bair, you would have hit him. Start attack out the shield more.

2:36- if you would have just grabbed snake or moved into hit up-B, he would have died. If you grab him and don't do anything he flies back fro the grab release and he can't up-B, cause he did not touch the floor. And If you move into his Up-B and take the hit, he just drops to his death.

Overall-
Up-B combos eh? And a reversal up-B too. Not bad. You need to attack out the shield more and not roll. you can do alot more damage like this, and simetimes, it is a free sucker punch. So abuse that.

Do not go to your enemy with Floating Dairs while your back is turned. you have no protection at all and it is easy to hit you. Her Dair slants a lil in front of her. So you are complete open from the back.

Don't rush snake when he is launching grenades or be egar to hit him. You took alot of hits cause of that. Just get be slow about it and just use turnips for the time being till the coast is clear.

What was good about you though was when recovering from the air, you really did not go and try to hit snake so bad. You just fell and chilled out. That was good. You are nearly a sitting duck in the air. Really when you are dishing attacks trying to attack the enemy while you land. You have more time to react and plan an evasion or even time an attack if the enemy decided to throw the first punch at you.

Your spacing and defensive game could use some work. But you don't seem to aggressive. Which is good. Add a lil D game up in there and you should be fine.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Thanks Dark! I knew this would be a good video to put up for some advice. I can definitely play better than that, but I think my DI was pretty good that match. :-)

I can be aggressive when I need to be. My defense game definitely needs work and my spacing could totally be better as well. I really enjoyed the combo I got on his second stock. Dair > Dair > Uair > Up B :-p

Hopefully I can get some more videos up soon for more advice.

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
Thanks Dark! I knew this would be a good video to put up for some advice. I can definitely play better than that, but I think my DI was pretty good that match. :-)

I can be aggressive when I need to be. My defense game definitely needs work and my spacing could totally be better as well. I really enjoyed the combo I got on his second stock. Dair > Dair > Uair > Up B :-p

Hopefully I can get some more videos up soon for more advice.
Don't forget you can dair through the explosive portion of Snakes uncharged upsmash. You end up bending to his control of the edge because you don't dair through em.
Also quit wasting your floats at the roof of the stage when you're within it's boundaries hold onto it then once your close to the stage try to mindgame Dair back to the ground

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Meta-

4:41-Toad here, GG

4:50- Don't float so obvious like that and then try to Fair, Look at what happen to you.

5:56- He tornados, why would you roll in the same direction he is going? Thus you get caught in it.

You somewhat have have a problem of trying to attack meta with returning. Chill out a lil more.

When He up-B out of shield, use my lil toad trick I spoke about. And you would punish him every time.

You need to relax a lil and have a Jab Game. This screw meta over. Also be a lil more observant. This dude was kinda a tornado noob right here. You was Swinging Fairs and all and we was not near you, then waiting for you to slip up and he goes in for the tornado. I posted about this before. That Metas would swing spaced moved but not really go near you. They try to scare you or see if you would get hit from trying to hit them. Then when you fail they see you pull back to a Turnip or w/e and then you get caught in the move. I see this trick all the time against Peach. Also, when he tornados your shield, angle it, just don't sit there. Set the fool up with a Fsmash since he is obviously tornado happy.

It is not good to Dair from behind alot. You have no protection behind you. Her Dair slants in front of her a lil. You got punished for this a few times. Ether Float out of the shield to Bair or reverse Jab. You can at times Dair from belind you, But not at the distance you was from Meta. Easy up-Bs OoS for him.

If you have a turnip and you shield is up while meta is right there Don't just toss it. His other attacks come out faster. Pull away or Float out of shield to an attack. Or jump to a Z drop.

This meta was not all that to me and love tornado. You should have beaten him. Shorthop dair more and limit your floating, Meta can get you good for it. Sometimes you was swinging moves and meta was not near you or doing anything, this leaves you open for tornado. You need to pay more attention. To Me is seems you don't plan out things. You attack hoping to hit him. Don't hope or depend on luck, Make sure you hit the fool.

Snake-

0:33- Stop doing that, you are too easy to hit and so obvious.

2:23: Don't ever pick up a turnip that close ever again.

2:43: It is not getting you anway dude, really when Snake is nor near you.

3:11: And this is why you short hop your moves alot and stop floating so much.

That last kill, you being to greedy with the recovery and dairing, and not paying attention to what snake is or what he is doing. Relax dude. Really with Dair, that move has such low cool down time and not hard to hit you out of like that when you use it. Just pull away.

This dude was Being campy obviously. And you had a habit of being on one spot for too long. Don't do that again. And start using turnips when he is doing this. I suggest that you look over my post again on dealing with campy snakes. But don't ever stay in the same spot for long again against one.

You need to stop floating and moving left and right for no reason. it is so easy to hit you out of it. And short hop your moves more dude.

You keep floating from afar and then wanna turnip to Fair of just Fair. too obvious and easy to punish. Don't do this again.

You need to pay more attention on what is going on in the match. And plan your moves. As I said before, it seems that when you attack, you swing hoping it will hit or get a lucky shot cause you have no clue or how to go about the problem at hand. And this is why I say playing aggressive is bad, cause this builds that problem or makes it worst. You need time to think and plan ahead. Keep your eye on the enemy. Look at what he is doing or trying to do. And plan your moves. Don't hope you will land a hit or get a lucky shot. Make sure you will land the hit on the fool.

Top Bottom