• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pluck Cancel (New AT)

goop123

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this has been said before, but oli's pluck (N-B) can be canceled.

Here's the break down:
basically u just do any smash or special right as the pikmin is coming out from the pluck.

*note*
this can only be peformed wen u have 0-1 pikmin. (i havent tested U-B, but im pretty sure it will always cancel it)

wen u have no pikmin any smash or special can cancel the pluck, but wen u have 1 pikmin, only a D-smash can cancel it.

So that wraps it up. Hope this helps!

oh, and once again sorry if this has been posted, i couldnt find it in the list of AT's.

Awex

Smash Lord
I've done this a few times though I wasn't aware it ONLY worked with one pikmin. Interesting find.

Though I thought when you said Pluck Cancel, this was gonna be about the lagless pikmin pluck when you run off an edge or platform, Because I already call that Pluck Canceling. ;x

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not new, but it's very useful for those situational pikminless moments. Against some people that don't play against Olimar regularly, I'll use when they're at high percents after I spawn to catch them off guard. It's worked out every time I've used it this way so far.

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
Oh my! Thank you! This will come very handy for my N0limar... Well... I actually play a ONElimar, just one Pikmin at all times. But this will be another great tech I can use for him! Thanks for sharing this!

KMAY

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the info, I have actually done it before but never realized it was only with one pikmin....i was always wondering why it worked with a quick Usmash sometimes after i respawned and sometimes not...i guess i was plucking too many...thanks again

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
This has been found before, as some people have stated. I thought it could be done at all times really though? Up till 6, of course, I mean.

It's a great thing to do though.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
yep, this has been used before and you can do this with the up b to cancel the animation with more than one pikmin but the plucked pikmin will not always come with.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Just to add something.. when you pluck you can catch the spinning pikmin midair and do air moves with it, including F+B and Up+B.
I don't see much of a difference between multiple pikmin and one though...

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
I don't know if this has been said before, but oli's pluck (N-B) can be canceled.

Here's the break down:
basically u just do any smash or special right as the pikmin is coming out from the pluck.

*note*
this can only be peformed wen u have 0-1 pikmin. (i havent tested U-B, but im pretty sure it will always cancel it)

wen u have no pikmin any smash or special can cancel the pluck, but wen u have 1 pikmin, only a D-smash can cancel it.

So that wraps it up. Hope this helps!

oh, and once again sorry if this has been posted, i couldnt find it in the list of AT's.
Are you sure? I took a look at this thread and was curious to see if it was true. It works but you dont need to have 1-0 pikmin. You can have as many as you want. I think this is IASA frames, not an AT.
But if im wrong please tell me where I screwed up at lol

TKD

Smash Lord
Hey guys, while researching character gameplay, I ran into Olimar.

Wanna know a REALLY good way to surprise your opponent when having no pikmin? You can pluck cancel with a grab. Immediately after plucking you can press L/R and A. Every pluck cancel can be performed instantly, which is good because Olimar has no instant moves (besides uptilt).

So you can pluck cancel into...
1) Shield
2) Jabs
3) Tilts
4) Smashes
5) Specials
6) Grabs
7) Jumps
8) AERIALS!!!!

...Into everything. Yes, you CAN pluck cancel by performing any aerial besides Nair fast enough. The most important thing to pull this off is by pressing X/Y (or the stick upwards, which isn't cool) immediately after B. You need good technical skill to pluck cancel into aerials, though. You have to practice it if you didn't use to be a Melee player.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
Hey guys, while researching character gameplay, I ran into Olimar.

Wanna know a REALLY good way to surprise your opponent when having no pikmin? You can pluck cancel with a grab. Immediately after plucking you can press L/R and A. Every pluck cancel can be performed instantly, which is good because Olimar has no instant moves (besides uptilt).

So you can pluck cancel into...
1) Shield
2) Jabs
3) Tilts
4) Smashes
5) Specials
6) Grabs
7) Jumps
8) AERIALS!!!!

...Into everything. Yes, you CAN pluck cancel by performing any aerial besides Nair fast enough. The most important thing to pull this off is by pressing X/Y (or the stick upwards, which isn't cool) immediately after B. You need good technical skill to pluck cancel into aerials, though. You have to practice it if you didn't use to be a Melee player.
...isn't this just the fact that a single pluck has no lag...????

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Let me try to explain this.

There's a sort of "box" around Olimar where if the next pikmin in line is within the box, he'll be used in the next attack. If he's not in the "box" Olimar won't attack with the pikmin. When you pluck normally, the pikmin is pulled out of the ground and tossed above Olimar. The area above Olimar's helmet is outside of this box. When he falls back down just into helmet level, he's back within the box. Now here's where the "pluck cancel" comes in handy. Right when you pull a pikmin out of the ground, he's within the box. That's when you can use a pikmin attack. If you wait 1/2 second, he'll be above your head and outside of the box.

For what Shrinkray is referring to- yes, it's just b/c it doesn't have lag. >_>

Top Bottom