• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW LGBT Smashers Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, since the LAST topic turned into a crapstorm, and I thought the ORIGINAL concept of the topic was a fantastic idea. I decided to remake this topic for the benefit of... well.... LGBT Smashers. It actually helped, and a few people came out in the topic even. That's neat.

Here's the original first post of the topic (Things in pink edited by me.)

I made this thread akin to the recent Married Smashers thread. The Smash World Forums is a place with a great and diverse community with many different kind of people, so maybe this could help bring together other LGBT people in Smash community. I'm not sure how this'll turn out or what will be discussed. (School life, home life, coming out, relationships, LGBT rights, etc.) [And hopefully this isn't flame-bait. Please be nice.]

As was said before, it's hard to come out in a environment like this; a bunch of high school to college-aged gamers, but personally I think it would be neat to find and chat with other people who share two similar important qualities; being LGBT and a love for Super Smash Bros. So yeah, I don't know if it'll be popular; if it isn't, it'll just get buried in the doldrums, but I'd thought I give it a try anyways.
And Crimson King's ALSO important second post in the topic. I MEAN IT.

Just to remind people, any epithets aimed at homosexuals, but also any aimed at heterosexuals, which I am just guessing there are some.

Other than that, have fun. There will be no flaming here. We are pretty understanding.
Exactly, we ARE pretty understanding, and don't think you're not welcome in the rest of the Pool Room you guys.

And with that, KEEP IT ON TOPIC and have fun.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Okay guys, make sure to keep off topic chat to a minimum. A lot of chatter has been about "How's your day been?", followed by quotes and quotes of nonsense tl;dr's. If you want to know how someone's day has been, send them an IM or PM. If you want to ask other people what Brawl characters they like, go to the Brawl rooms. Straight people are fun to play with too. ;)

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
At the risk of being off-topic and being smote from above by Crimson King's fairness (honestly man, I got respect for you):

First. There is a fine line between being whingy and being genuninely upset. I know it's hard to tell in this day and age of being emo and fashionable at the same time, but... you know, bear with me here. Personally, I'm upset. I don't care of you think I'm being a whingy little *****, I'm just getting my statements out to the people who I want to hear them HERE, since the old thread is now a bittersweet memory. Pardon the flowery, dramatic words; writer's habit. Now, let's get stuck in.

King ReMO. You created something beautiful, full of purpose, fun, and brilliant. You handled your thread well, and I've nothing but care and respect for you and the work that you did. You made something that I'm sure meant a lot to a lot of people here, and perhaps the legacy will live on in this thread. Whether it does or does not, doesn't matter. You did GOOD, mate.

Heimie. Now knowing you're a mod, and the people reading this should know how polite I usually am, if not to mods, you should appreciate this. I hope you're ****ing proud of yourself, mate. You abused your power as a mod for a quick laugh, and you destroyed a ****ing LEGACY. I am sure that you were enjoying it at the time and never intended things to go the way they did. I don't bloody care. You took your abilities as a mod on this forum, and you demonstrated that you should have them taken away from you IMMEDIATELY. Mods have responsibility. Mods should not **** with threads, certainly not a thread that lasted a hundred and ninety-odd pages before you strolled over and destroyed it in a single ****ing night.

Crimson King. Man, you did good. I'm not going to rag on you. Even when we pushed the limits of safe conversation here, you cut us some slack, and you showed people what a good moderator should do. I have nothing but kudos and respect for you, even though you finally closed the other thread. In your place, I honestly would have done the same. Thank you for all your efforts, for all your leeway and patience, and had I a cookie, I would give you it.

Finally. To all those ****wads who were giving Remo **** in the old thread in the last ten pages of that ****storm. Get. ****ed. Simple as that. Yeah, he's having a rough time. Yeah, something that he cares about is going to ****. But if you want to call out a good person and drive him further into the dirt with your words, then I want nothing to ****ing do with any of you. I'm sick of people hiding behind internet anonymity and their monitors. Just because someone does something online does NOT mean it doesn't have serious real-world concequences, but if you can't get your ****ing pea-brains around THAT simple concept, I'm surprised you can even find your way around a computer in the first place.

I know. I know I sound ****ing harsh. You know why? Cause I'm pissed the **** off. Call me emo, call me *****y, call me whingy, I don't give two lumpy ****s anymore. My only plea and the last one I'll make here, is for this to please remain an unedited post by any mods. Ban me if you want for my words here; the old thread was what kept me visiting, and I've no reason to stay anymore. I likely won't be posting to this new thread either, if only becasue of who made it.

So goodbye, goodnight, and have fun. To those who were good, decent members of the old thread (and you know who you are), I salute you. Good luck to you all, be well, and take care. Be happy.

And someone, for the love of God, remove Heimie's mod status and kick him firmly up his ample backside.

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice
Agree with Xsvyen. I'll admit I contributed to the last topic closing down. Let's just remember how fast the topic can stray. And also, this topic was originally created by KingReMO so we could introduce ourselves and discuss what adversity we might be facing. I noticed some of the newer people that posted were being ignored. Let's show them some love, huh? :)

Oh, and I figure if the last topic remains locked we might as well re-introduce ourselves.

Hi, I'm diabetic_yoshi, 19, in college, and gold-star-gay. I main Peach in Brawl, and dabble with Zelda and D3. I originally posted in this topic in March and pretty much was accepted by the community instantaneously. I had fun finding things that we all related to and liked, but in hindsight could've PMed some of my posts. I'll repost my pics later, but let's make sure that this topic remains on-topic and make it twice as fabulous as before. :)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Had I been a mod, I would have closed old thread long before Hiemie ever popped in. I mean, seriously, I'd leave for an hour, and the thread had 7 new pages, about nothing gay by the same three people. Instant messengers are amazing. Try 'em out.

That, and you guys are all too new to understand how Hiemie works. ;)

So yeah, there was some extreme off topic stuff going on. Don't limit yourselves to only talking to gay people. The people that are mad seem like the gays that automatically assume that every gay person in the world must be friends, since they both like dudes. That makes you just as bad as homophobic straight guys. The forums are huge, and there's tons to discuss here. Don't limit yourself to the gay smashers thread because it's 'comfortable'. If you want to talk about movies, go to the Media Metropolis. If you want to talk about Soul Calibur, go to the Light House. There's a place here for everything. We just abused ours.

Hiemie, by the way, is a huge supporter of LGBT rights. He helped me come out of the closet. He doesn't know this, but the way he was so comfortable with gay people prior to my coming out actually made the experience a lot easier for me. So if you guys think he's in any way 'making fun' of us, you seriously just don't know him that well.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Well, Faora, you should probably know I am extremely vain on these forums so seeing my name in at least two posts had already made my day.

That being said, please take any complaints to the Forum Disputes. Seriously. If you feel Hiemie over stepped his bounds, we urge you to go there and discuss it with an admin. I don't really know what Hiemie did to gain your ire, but for a poster who rarely posts to such extremes, he had to have done SOMETHING.

That being said, I'd like to see this topic flourish as well as the previous one did. It's only a downside that I am not homosexual because then it'd probably explain why I am such support of topics like this. I feel it gives people who need that outlet a chance to vent, express themselves, whatever really. Hopefully this topic can provide that sanctuary that the other one did.

Good luck all.

Heartless Prince Of Light

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule Castle, staring at the Bridge Of Eldin
Congratulations, Hiemie, you just singlehandedly destroyed something worthwhile, and everything Faora said, I agree, and Xsyven, I personally don't give a **** about how Hiemie works, he can, as Faora so blatantly and elegantly put it, get a boot shoved up his ample backside, I have respect for all of you, and I would never dis the mods, but Hiemie abused his power, made a ****ing joke out of the best thread on SWF, and destroyed it in less than a fortnight, So i know what I'm saying when I say this thread is the one that should be closed, Crimson King was right to close it, but it still hurts...I personally, am only staying in this site for my friends, and until I can get AIM or MSN, that's why I'll stay, and I have one upcoming story in the Royal Screenshot Thread, so I can't afford to leave, but seriously speaking, Hiemie, you ****ED UP BADLY!

To everyone from the old thread(especially you, KingReMO)

I hope you guys aren't going to actually go along with this, he destroyed something that was worthwhile, and I personally, can't EVER forgive that!

...I...I can't even begin to fathom how you, Hiemie, could actually put "No Breeders Allowed" for a title, what the **** were you thinking?!

if you wanted to have fun, why didn't you get another thread and change their title instead of ours?! If you actually cared about the LGBT Community on Smashboards, you wouldn't have done that, so from the bottom of my heart, I can safely say that you, Hiemie, are the WORST mod of all time and should get a swift lightning kick to the face by my personal favorite prince, me! so literally, go get kicked in the head for ever pulling a stunt rude.

You're a totally cocky, totally boring, totally rude waste of good oxygen, and that what you did is so, ARGH! I'm so pissed off at you I can't even begin to explain, I f I Do Make Errors, IT IS BECAUSE OF MY ****ING ANGER!!!!!!

I'm going to the Forum Disputes and am going to so ****ing request speaking with an admin, because this is unforgivable to me, and to everyone who spent so many glorious day and nights enjoying themselves, only to have their sanctuary destroyed!

So I end my post of rage, fury, and sadness to ask you this...

WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Sincerely ****ING yours, H.P.o.L

P.S.
NEVER DIRECT WORD TO ME AGAIN!

Edit: Xsyven, I know he's your friend, but he's not mine, you have your reasons, I have mine.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
...I...I can't even begin to fathom how you, Hiemie, could actually put "No Breeders Allowed" for a title, what the **** were you thinking?!
I thought it was funny. :) Nothing negative came from it. Just more spam. And the best part is that it was actually interesting spam, not "I like 300, it was so hot." or "Soul Calibur lolol".

if you wanted to have fun, why didn't you get another thread and change their title instead of ours?! If you actually cared about the LGBT Community on Smashboards, you wouldn't have done that, so from the bottom of my heart, I can safely say that you, Hiemie, are the WORST mod of all time and should get a swift lightning kick to the face by my personal favorite prince, me! so literally, go get kicked in the head for ever pulling a stunt rude.
If you didn't notice, he changed every thread's title in the PRoom as a forum prank. As I said, the thread was a spammy mess long before Hiemie popped in. He didn't destroy the thread, the spammy posters talking about nothing did. And how the hell are you taking this as a personal hate crime? Hiemie did what he did because he sees us as equals. He shouldn't have to treat us differently because we're different. Better or worse, it's still unequality.

In all honesty, why do you want the other one open? So you can continue to spam? We still get to continue right where we left off, and we should consider ourselves lucky for that. We just don't have the 'convenience' of seeing the first 4895 pages of spam. It's no different than before. If you really miss the old days, you can still visit the old locked thread. No worries. =/

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Sorry, guys. There is WAY too much animosity still pent up over the closing of the last LGBT thread for this topic to really function. Right now, we have had two, maybe three members flaming a mod, which I'll have to warn for per the rules.

Please, guys, take a week off, cool off, then start a new thread. I understand how serious it was to have that thread closed, and I also understand how important that thread was, but I'd like to make this a learning experience - We do not tolerate spam.

Now, please, if you have any complaints - Forum Disputes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom