• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extreme Trick

OneWingedAngelo1

Smash Journeyman
I have discovered a new trick while using Extreme Speed while practicing Extreme Shift...

Extreme Trick

To perform this technique you Smash Down on the C-Stick during the Take Off Animation of a Grounded Extreme Speed, while still holding Up on the Control Stick. This will send you forward the length of 2 Lucarios and Back the length of 1 Lucario. The Landing Lag from the move is very little and you can do an attack right out of it.

You thought that was cool... Check out the what else I discovered with it!

Extreme Trick Part 2!

Thank you Goodies for helping me Complete the Discovery of this Technique.

Lawn

Smash Cadet
Interesting stuff. It seems the c-stick has much more control over ES than we originally thought.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
So was, the trick, the weird turn around thing, or the ES land with no lag?
Because I saw both.
-t2

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
If that has as little end lag as it appears to have, then Lucario just picked up a very interesting, character specific spacing trick. It looks a little like a wave dash in its possible applications, where the person reacts to the initial motion assuming you are about to do one of milln's extremestop2's and then is destroyed in his ending lag when you back up.

OneWingedAngelo1

Smash Journeyman
If that has as little end lag as it appears to have, then Lucario just picked up a very interesting, character specific spacing trick. It looks a little like a wave dash in its possible applications, where the person reacts to the initial motion assuming you are about to do one of milln's extremestop2's and then is destroyed in his ending lag when you back up.
I haven't tried to do an attack out of it yet (even though it appears to have next to no lag), mainly because I can't do it flawless/near-flawlessly yet and most of the time when I get it off I am not ready with an attack to be inputed to test that.

***EDIT***
There is very slight lag once landing with this trick

manhunter098

Smash Lord
It doesnt seem like it would be very useful for spacing in my opinion. Mostly because this isnt going to give you the space you need when you need it due to the startup time of extreme speed. What it does do though, is give you something to mix up your approach against characters that DONT have projectiles. Since they cant exactly tell where you will end up because of all the options you have when you use Extreme Speed you can toss this into your approach against characters that dont have projectiles to help add a few more mindgames. If you combine it with the recently discovered extreme stop two, it forces your opponent to question if you are going to approach or not, at least until you actually end up moving and they see you do the turn around.

Either way...dont use it against a character with projectiles...since all they really need to do is fire and it doesnt matter what you are going to try to do.

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
While trying this trick I tried, instead of doing Forward >> Down C-Stick motion, I used Down >> Foward C-Stick motion and it acted as I did this trick in the opposite direction. The timing for it is do the C-Stick motion right when the animation for taking off occurs.

P.S. All you have to do is hit Down on the C-Stick when you are doing to Take Off Animation.

Timbers

check me out
As I said in Milln's topic, it's just not a good idea to try and implement it into your game, unless we found a way to get 0 lag off of it...

I love seeing my name.

OneWingedAngelo1

Smash Journeyman
New Discoveries on Extreme Trick! Video is in the process mode at the moment and should be up shortly.

Can anyone guess what it is? Hint: It has to do with Extreme Trick and ledges... Now Check out the OP for the Video

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
As I said in Milln's topic, it's just not a good idea to try and implement it into your game, unless we found a way to get 0 lag off of it...
Agreed. I suppose it could mixup your approach a little bit, but it's still far too risky to attempt. People misjudge Lucario's range sometimes, so you might be able to use it and follow with an fsmash when you're trying to get that last KO in. Again, very risky to attempt.

I don't see any point in using Extreme Trick/Reversal 2. Does anyone else?

OneWingedAngelo1

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. I suppose it could mixup your approach a little bit, but it's still far too risky to attempt. People misjudge Lucario's range sometimes, so you might be able to use it and follow with an fsmash when you're trying to get that last KO in. Again, very risky to attempt.

I don't see any point in using Extreme Trick/Reversal 2. Does anyone else?
Mostly it is just there to warn you what happens when you are too close to the edge. And this trick has just about zero lag.

Thanks to Goodies discovery on the trick it is much easier to do. All you have to do is get the timing down on it and it becomes a very useful trick when trying to fake out your opponent.

It isn't something you spam either. You try to get them on the surprise factor with it. If they see you start to do Extreme Speed on the ground they think you will probably do Extreme Stop(2) and plan accordingly (or just try to hit you when you are speeding towards them. This trick happens so fast that it is hard to react to. So when you follow it up with an attack you will more then likely catch them off guard.

This is something you definitely don't spam.

Top Bottom