• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

On a scale of 1-10...

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
hard question I think I'll go with a 2 since I'm emo and I suck *cuts wrist*

well seriously I think I would rate my self a 5 or 6 since people tell me my Ike is like the 1st to beat there (insert random character here) but I know I still have room to improve.

edit: swypa you sound stupid.

swypa101

Smash Apprentice
why would you say hes cheap though? If you get owned by Ike's then you aren't very good
ike is a noob character...

in the LA regional finals a guy got to the end of the tournament by using ike and he ended up getting owned by kirby.
(you could check it on youtube)

ikes easy.. ill beat him any day

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I'm not sure but I think a noob character is one that you can just pick up and play at high level of play and Ike is far from that. I don't see the problem of a guy getting to the finals with Ike then getting owned by a Kirby a low tier getting to the finals is more surprising than him loosing them.

most people agree that to win with Ike you have to be the better player don't see how a noob could make it to the finals.

not only that but if you can beat Ike any day wouldn't that mean you can beat pretty much everyone in LA but that Kirby any day?

mikeb2010

Smash Apprentice
You are such a noob. You dont even see how you contradicted your own statement. You said "Ike a noob character" and you said "he's cheap". But then you said "ikes easy.. ill beat him any day". Through your knewb statement "Ikes cheap" you are implying that he is easy to use and easy to win with, which is totally wrong. You dont know what your talkin about and like I said before...If your not a Ike main or not here for the sake of helping the Ike community, please dont post on any threads!!! You are wasting my time and your life.

Get a life, get a girl, or get a girl that will help you get a life.

__V

Smash Journeyman
Ike's a fun character, but he really can't compete with fast characters.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I don't know why people say that the characters I have the hardest time with aren't usually the fast ones I mean aren't king DDD and snake supposed to be his hardest match ups. the only reason I actually think that though is because the last decent Ike match up thread was made by fishkeepertimmy and he had those 2 guys as the hardest match. from personal experience I actually agree though.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
My Ike is easily one of the best around, because I drew crowds wen I used him, which is funny as hell. Still, everyone at my tourney uses Ike COUNTERS and are about if not better than me, so I lose, CLOSELY at least. XD

(No, I am not Rok, I do not think I'm amazing, I just think my Ike is pretty **** good. Kirk and Silven are prolly more advanced than me.

8-9/10

B.U.S.

Smash Cadet
5/10. Perfectly average.

Side note: Someone posting from Elk Grove?! Is that the one in Illinois?!

AlexX

Smash Ace
Is it just me, or does it seem like Lucario players really seem to hate Ike players? I don't know why, but it feels that way sometimes... :/

Anways, I'd probably rate mine a 3/10 or so. I just recently got my Wifi up, so I've got a ways to go before I can start seriously taking on people who know what they're doing.

Edds

Smash Ace
4/10

alot of downfalls with ike.

aether can be gimped
quickdraw can be gimped
aether can be counter spammed.

so if ike is off the stage. he has a high chance getting ko'd by good people.

Royblazer

Smash Apprentice
5/10. I'm completely average with Ike. I haven't used him as much as I used to, so I just play Ike for fun when I choose him.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
4/10

alot of downfalls with ike.

aether can be gimped
quickdraw can be gimped
aether can be counter spammed.

so if ike is off the stage. he has a high chance getting ko'd by good people.
I'm not sure but it sounds like your rating Ike as a character. hes asking to rate your own Ike on a scale of 1 to 10.

Edds

Smash Ace
I'm not sure but it sounds like your rating Ike as a character. hes asking to rate your own Ike on a scale of 1 to 10.
eh woops. i must of misread it lastnight

well i still have those problems and i would proberly rate my ike around 5/10. i dont practice with him alot. i play alot of chars but ive been playing ike the longest. he was my main when i first got brawl.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
I don't know, maybe somewhere between 7.5 and 8.5? I've been using ike exclusively since the day the game came out, so i consider myself skilled with him, but I still need to improve.

comboking

Smash Master
yah I gave my self my rating for the same reason as payasofobia.

I too have play ike since brawl came out

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I would have to say 5, but that does not mean much because I don't have a good idea of a level of skill that would be worthy of a 9 or 10. All I know is that I have been doing well in Friend Finder matches the past few days.

Over ten years later I think I can safely say I would rank my Ike from back then as 1 out of 10.

Last edited:

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
yah I usually do good there too. I don't find many people with skill lately though even the ones who are like skillful people only are kind of easy to beat.

I wonder what other people would rate us. maybe some of us are to emo and some of us are too full of it.

mikeb2010

Smash Apprentice
I don't know, maybe somewhere between 7.5 and 8.5? I've been using ike exclusively since the day the game came out, so i consider myself skilled with him, but I still need to improve.
In that case, i probably am around 8.5 wit my Ike. I feel the same way.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
If 1 is "newbie" and 10 is "pro", I'm around a 6.5. I'm pretty good with Ike, and I can pull off a lot of stuff with him, even pseudo-combos (we all know how tough it is for Ike to combo), but not really tournament level, mostly 'cause he isn't my main. :rolleyes:

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Hm...I'd say slightly above average, for me. :( A six would suffice, I s'pose. I pull out the fancy moves every once in a while, and I'm still working on getting the dtilt timing to spike poor lucas out of tether recoveries...

I think Lucario mainers hate Ike because they rely on their quick rolls so much. Ike punishes rolling rather harshly...

Still, though. Lucario pwns Ike with his chaingrabs and good range, along with his offstage game. Lucario peeps shouldn't have too much trouble unless the opponent knows exactly what's going on at all times.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I think people are rating them selfs a bit to high. I mean 8.5s is like right under kirk and silven and I would say they are 9s or 9.5s cause if they where 10s there would be no room for improvement and I'm sure they don't want that.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
wow did you just put kirk and silven on the same level

this topic was a trainwreck from the very beginning

Boon :o

Smash Journeyman
I think people are rating them selfs a bit to high. I mean 8.5s is like right under kirk and silven and I would say they are 9s or 9.5s cause if they where 10s there would be no room for improvement and I'm sure they don't want that.
Yeah, I do think people are rating themselves too high.

Here's how I would set up the ranges.

Casual ike: 5
Decent Ike, although probably makes only 1 or 2 rounds in tourneys: 6
Average tourney ike, makes about 2-3 rounds + in tourneys: 7
and anything about that is great (prob 8)/ semi pro (prob 9) / pro ike(probably 10), -_-

Kinda bad concept of rating ikes, since he's not the best char to use in tourneys, and secondaries are also a factor. >.<
anyone have any other ideas?

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I think my Ike's good. 7.5/10 for me. I still want to get better with him along with my other characters in my signature.

Top Bottom