• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dacula, GA Play N Trade Brawl Tournament*UPDATED again* AUGUST 9TH

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
BRAWL/MELEE/GUILTY GEAR/SMASH 64?? Maybe

$5 door fee
$10 for singles
$10 for doubles per person

There WILL be a pot. As long as I am handling the money, then there should not be a problem

Pot break up:
60/25/15

General Rules
* Items are set to OFF
* The stock is set to 3
* The stock time limit is set to 7:00.
* All sets are best of 3 matches except the championship set which is best of 5
* Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played.
* Excessive stalling is banned.
* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON
* Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage.
* You are responsible to bring your own controller.
* Controller mods of ANY kind, except for cosmetic changes, are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.
* Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. Third party controllers or pads that have these features are discouraged. if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.
* Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
* Tactics such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Fox's Shine are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match is banned.

Set Format (in order of procedure)
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match. You may request a double blind pick.
2. 5 neutrals will be set to random pick
3. The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List, or opponents may agree upon a stage.
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character

Suicide rule: If sudden death is forced by a suicide move, then the winner will be decided by the player who initiated the suicide.
Note: If you are going to stall on the edge of the stage deliberately to wait until your opponent tries to attack you in order to swallow them, then the match will be forfeited.

Neutral Stages

Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

People attending so far
Me(Ninja)
Michael(iRape)
Will(Shin)
Frazier(Flava)
Ken(K3N)
Dalton(Zulu)
Mike(fullmetal)
Tim(Desu)
Tommy(Tbag)
Chelsey(CHL-Z)
Lounis(dented glass)
Ryanarius(Ryan!)
Adam_CUTIE (Tag?)
Eternal Crusade (Dakota)
gameboii (Tag?)
(Reflex)
CogSmooch(Tag?)
(AxL KiD)
Michael(phate)
David(Tag?)
(VietG)
(Yay!)
· $5.00 door fee (people will get wrist bands for entry)

· Please let me know if you can bring a small T.V and a Wii with everything unlocked

· We can use other 4 TV’s for friendly games, but customers need to bring Wii’s/controllers. I will also set a table up with 1- 34” flat Screen TV for you to hook up a system.

· No outside food or drink, we will have for sale in store. We will also have registers open if they wish to purchase anything.

· People will be allowed out if they need to smoke break, stretch legs, ect, but ONLY in designated area ( out back).

· We will run your rules. We will promote in store as well on Web sites.

· Typical rules, no profanity, rough housing, drugs or alcohol, lack of respect for store employees, ect. People violating will be removed from store and tournament immediately with all funds forfeited.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Clarify the rules, -AND THE GAME OH SNAP- a bit more. ($10 Per person for doubles.)
Post neutrals, banned things, etc.
Also post an address for the venue.
Once the fall semester kicks up you'd have better attendance hosting on a weekend.

I'm interested, though. I'll spread the word.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Clarify the rules, -AND THE GAME OH SNAP- a bit more. ($10 Per person for doubles.)
Post neutrals, banned things, etc.
Also post an address for the venue.
Once the fall semester kicks up you'd have better attendance hosting on a weekend.

I'm interested, though. I'll spread the word.
This is Chris, Tim. It's going to be a lot like Waba, except without the ridiculous levels I.E pokemon stadium 2 and a place for friendlies. He can't host them on Saturdays because he gets a lot of business and right now he is hosting "fun" tournaments which brings him more business on sundays. The goal is to make the turn out on the first tournament a GOOD one, so that he will gain more of a benefit than his fun ones and hopefully host future tournaments on Sundays.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
I'd like to make it to this/these- I needs a date.

lol
I figured since you had a job now, that we would need to set a date around your work haha. Should we do it about 2 weeks from now? And do you think you could get Yay and other out of state people to come?

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I figured since you had a job now, that we would need to set a date around your work haha. Should we do it about 2 weeks from now? And do you think you could get Yay and other out of state people to come?
Uhm, early in August works for me. Preferably the 9th or 10th, cause I'm sure I won't be able to get every weekend in a row off for smash.
D=

Yeah, I can probably get Yay and other OOSers to come. All I have to do to get Yay to show is promise him I'll bang him later. ;)

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
I'll tell the smashers around clemson about it but most of us work or take summer classes so it'd be much better if it was on the weekend.

Adam_CUTIE

Smash Cadet
I'll come on the condition that i dont have to use diddy :p

Adam(CUTIE)

this should be fun :D

Shoot for late July or early August before school so that the weekday isnt an issue b\c if its a school day, attendance will suffer pretty bad

and i'd really like to have some CP flexibility b\c that'd be really fun but its not necessary.. just an idea <3

plus the last one there like 2 weekends ago was a tiny bit noob... 5 min time was lameness >:(

ko'd a snake but time ran out and i had ness v snake in Sudden Death lol --- didnt work out for me

sorry for more edits.. but 1. Castle Siege isn't neut, thats a CP at best. 2. make sure all items are off this time, pauses off as well. reason for items = i was ICs and Sd'd 3 times so im 3 stocks back, game's auto handicap system kicked in and even though items were set to none, FS was still flicked on and i got a freebie with like 15 seconds to go vs Lee

Daysoo

Smash Ace

-snip-

sorry for more edits.. but 1. Castle Siege isn't neut, thats a CP at best. 2. make sure all items are off this time, pauses off as well. reason for items = i was ICs and Sd'd 3 times so im 3 stocks back, game's auto handicap system kicked in and even though items were set to none, FS was still flicked on and i got a freebie with like 15 seconds to go vs Lee
That was a joke rule. :p
As for the other stuff, it's all standard fare, and there is no auto-handicap in competitive play.
No sudden death, either. If you have more stocks, or a lower percentage and the same number of stocks when time runs out, you win.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace

Adam(CUTIE)

this should be fun :D

Shoot for late July or early August before school so that the weekday isnt an issue b\c if its a school day, attendance will suffer pretty bad

and i'd really like to have some CP flexibility b\c that'd be really fun but its not necessary.. just an idea <3

plus the last one there like 2 weekends ago was a tiny bit noob... 5 min time was lameness >:(

ko'd a snake but time ran out and i had ness v snake in Sudden Death lol --- didnt work out for me

You mean the one last weekend? If so then I won that one. I talked to him about it and he wants to get a competitive one going. There just has to be something in it for him, ya know? It's business. I'm hoping to set a date within the next 2 weeks. I don't know who you are, but if you can get some conformed people that I can add to the list then that would be great. If we get 25 then I'll try to set a date.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
You mean the one last weekend? If so then I won that one. I talked to him about it and he wants to get a competitive one going. There just has to be something in it for him, ya know? It's business. I'm hoping to set a date within the next 2 weeks. I don't know who you are, but if you can get some conformed people that I can add to the list then that would be great. If we get 25 then I'll try to set a date.
Its hard to confirm before there is a date but I'll probably bring 2-5 people depending on how many people can make it.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Its hard to confirm before there is a date but I'll probably bring 2-5 people depending on how many people can make it.
Lets say it's the Thursday after this coming one. Is that an okay date? That's what I really want to do, but I don't mind working it around for other people.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
I'll go to this, sign me up as Eternal Crusade (Dakota) :p

MAKE CASTLE SIEGE NEUTRAL, ALL HAIL CASTLE SIEGE!! oh...and delfino plaza too I guess >_>
Castle Siege is anything but neutral.
I'll keep arguing that Delfino IS NOT neutral, but I'm outnumbered on that one. :|

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
I'll keep arguing that Delfino IS NOT neutral, but I'm outnumbered on that one. :|
oh, I agree that Castle Siege should always be counterpick, but with this tourney, there is no counterpicks for some reason and I love meh castle siege :p

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
I don't think your outnumbered. Walls + walk off ledges + changing + floor you can attack from underneath makes it not neutral.

Castle siege is worse though.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
I don't think your outnumbered. Walls + walk off ledges + changing + floor you can attack from underneath makes it not neutral.

Alright. I don't really like those 2 levels, but I didn't have a problem with them. I just don't want **** killing me. I'll take them off though.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Is pokemon stadium still neutral? That has walls and changes and all that ****. Personally I don't like it, but I don't mind it.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Agreed. Same with Castle Siege; "grab -> win" shouldn't be a viable combo for someone as already-inherently-overpowered as Dedede.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Is pokemon stadium still neutral? That has walls and changes and all that ****. Personally I don't like it, but I don't mind it.
Theres no standard right now. It's all tournament directors discretion. Pokemon stadium is split about 50/50. I personally hate the map. It was barely passable as neutral in melee but now with the ledges, the new windmill and so many wall infinites I don't think it should be neutral but your call.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Theres no standard right now. It's all tournament directors discretion. Pokemon stadium is split about 50/50. I personally hate the map. It was barely passable as neutral in melee but now with the ledges, the new windmill and so many wall infinites I don't think it should be neutral but your call.
In Melee, Stadium was far and away the most neutral stage. The only change that significantly affects the match is Fire mode, and you can stall for thirty seconds for it to change; no big deal.

EDIT: Here's an older match of mine that shows it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avs2uDBb8hs

As for Brawl, I think that it's doable; I like it.

Either way, the safest neutral set is Battlefield/Final Destination/Yoshi's Island/Lylat Cruise/Smashville.

Actually, I think Yoshi's Island is counterpick for the same reason as Halberd. The hazards on both do very little to affect the match, but that center platform allows for some ridiculous camping strategies all the time.

Daysoo

Smash Ace

I agree 100%.
I also think that not having no counter pick stages is a dumb idea.
That's my opinion, anyways. :|

In Melee, Stadium was far and away the most neutral stage. The only change that significantly affects the match is Fire mode, and you can stall for thirty seconds for it to change; no big deal.

EDIT: Here's an older match of mine that shows it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avs2uDBb8hs

As for Brawl, I think that it's doable; I like it.

Either way, the safest neutral set is Battlefield/Final Destination/Yoshi's Island/Lylat Cruise/Smashville.

Actually, I think Yoshi's Island is counterpick for the same reason as Halberd. The hazards on both do very little to affect the match, but that center platform allows for some ridiculous camping strategies all the time.
I agree with this 99%.
I don't think Yoshi's is a counterpick. ;P

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Okay I took pokemon stadium 1 off of neutrals. I may put counter picks in. If I do they will be safe ones. No bull**** norfair type maps. I'll go through the maps in a minute and see what should be allowed in.

If someone knows a link of all the maps then that would be great. I'm too lazy to google it and I'm playing sc with Tommy.

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
i can possibly come. my mom thinks that talking to strangers is a bad idea.. but can you show somehow where the place is? like the address. and can you explain the money things on your first post?

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
i can possibly come. my mom thinks that talking to strangers is a bad idea.. but can you show somehow where the place is? like the address. and can you explain the money things on your first post?
The address is in the post. If you know where Stars and Strikes is in Dacula then you know where Play N Trade is. It's in the same plaza. To enter into the building and play smash all night there is a "door fee". This doesn't enter you into the tournament, but it will allow you to play friendlies and hang out all night. To enter into singles you have to pay 10 dollars and for doubles its 10 dollars per person.

Top Bottom