• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

<NEW> edge guarding technique??

I.iZ.nO.1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iizno1
3DS FC
1349-7897-6883
Hey guys, i have been messing around with my ICs lately and think i found something. I have watched a lot of IC videos and dont think i have seen anyone use this so i thought i would post it up. Let me apologize in advance if everyone already knows this.

So pretty what this move does is make nana do a F-smash and Popo to a U-smash. And if done at the ledge can smash forward if the opponent is trying to recover to ledge-grab or smash them up if they try to recover over you. I first did this when trying the pivot desynch. How i do this is by flicking the control stick at angle back and down then flick it at an angle up and forward hitting and holding A. the result is both ice climbers charging thier smash in differnt directions. Hope this helps.

If this is found to be useful credit should be shared with DreamScythe as this is a play on his post http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=169427 . it is the same concept with it placed at an angle rather than horizontal. I like to call it the F.U.smash as it is an Fsmash and Usmash

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phbMXFIIADc
sorry about the quality, dont have the best equip for movies.

I.iZ.nO.1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iizno1
3DS FC
1349-7897-6883
if anyone isnt exactly sure what im talking about, i have a replay saved and if someone wants to they can take the replay and post up a video.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
So this iz another variation of the Pivot Desynch?
Anyway, seems good 4 non sweetspotters, or mayb peeps with less predictable recoveries.

Nice sig btw, good use of Fractures and/or C4Ds..

I.iZ.nO.1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iizno1
3DS FC
1349-7897-6883
ha, thanks about the sig, but its actually a Naybewon original. Not done by myself.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
its cute but not really useful. 90% the time, people will just go for the edge, especially if you're there trying to desynchat the corner.
i sometimes go for desynch nana-blizzard while i edgehog. usually people mistime their UpB upon being blizzarded and aren't sure if they could wait cuz popo is holding hte edge, so they upB to land on top, where i've pulled myself up and start a grab combo for the KO.

Top Bottom