• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's priority list thread!

payasofobia

Smash Champion
EDIT: awesome copy/pasta to the rescue!!! Anyway, to everyone wondering why i havent updated my list... i decided that i will make weekly updates instead of daily ones, i will update 10 characters every weekend, 5 on saturday and another 5 on sunday. If everything goes right, this list should be finished on the 3rd half of this month.

I will be updating this list little by little, when i have the time.

If you don't know what exactly priority does, read the first part, if you already know, skip that and go to the next part.

This is how priority behaves:

When ike's attack outprioritizes one of the opponent's attack, it means ike's attack doesn't stop when it clashes against that attack, and if the attack is a projectile, ike is completely unhindered.

When one of ike's attacks is outprioritized, it's the other way round, and if the attack is a projectile, it hits ike.

When they have equal priority, they can either stop each other's attacks, or damage each other. If the opponent's attack is a projectile, then the projectile is destroyed and ike suffers a slight stun.

Also, air attacks have a different kind of priority. These do not 'clank', instead, the attack that delivers damage is the one that has more range.

Lastly, Ike's d-smash and u-smash have the same kind of priority as aerials, Ike is an unique character because of this.

Now to the list.

Mario:

ike's neutral A attack:
ike's A attack has equal priority to mario's: A, AA, AAA, f-tilt, u-tilt, d-tilt, up-B, fludd's water, fireballs.
ike's A attack is outprioritized by mario's: f-smash, u-smash, d-smash

ike's neutral AA attack:
ike's AA attack has equal priority to mario's: A, AA, AAA, f-tilt, u-tilt, d-tilt, up-B, fludd's water, fireballs.
ike's AA attack is outprioritized by mario's: f-smash, u-smash, d-smash

ike's neutral AAA attack:
ike's AAA attack has equal priority to mario's: A, AA, AAA, f-tilt, u-tilt, d-tilt, up-B, fludd's water, fireballs, f-smash, u-smash and d-smash

ike's f-tilt:
ike's f-tilt outprioritizes mario's: A, AA, AAA, d-tilt, up-B, fludd's water, fireballs.
ike's f-tilt has equal priority to mario's: f-tilt, u-tilt, f-smash, u-smash, d-smash

ike's u-tilt:
ike's u-tilt outprioritizes mario's: A, AA, fludd's water.
ike's u-tilt has equal priority to mario's: AAA, f-tilt, u-tilt,d-tilt, f-smash, u-smash, d-smash, fireballs, up-B.

ike's d-tilt:
ike's d-tilt outprioritizes mario's: A, AA, AAA, d-tilt, up-B, fludd's water, fireballs.
ike's d-tilt has equal priority to mario's: f-tilt, u-tilt, u-smash, d-smash, f-smash.

ike's f-smash:
ike's f-smash outprioritizes mario's:A, AA, AAA, d-tilt, u-tilt, f-tilt, up-B, fludd's water, fireballs.
ike's f-smash has equal priority to mario's: f-smash, d- smash, u-smash.

Luigi:

ike's neutral A attack:
ike's A attack has equal priority to luigi's: A, AA, AAA, f-tilt, u-tilt, d-tilt, u-smash, fireballs, down-B, and the two of them are damaged with luigi's: forward-B(uncharged, charged and missfire)
ike's A attack is outprioritized by luigi's: f-smash, d-smash, up-B( both sweetspotted and un-sweetspoted).

ike's neutral AA attack:
ike's AA attack has equal priority to luigi's: A, AA, AAA, u-tilt, f-tilt, d-tilt, u-smash,fireballs, down-B and forward-B ( uncharged, charged and missfired)
ike's AA attack is outprioritized by luigi's: d-smash, f-smash, up-B( both sweetspotted and un-sweetspotted

ike's AAA attack outprioritizes luigi's: up-B, forward-B(uncharged, charged and missfired)
ike's AAA attack has equal priority to luigi's: A, AA, AAA, u-tilt, f-tilt, d-tilt, f-smash, u-smash, fireballs, down-B.
ike's AAA attack is outprioritized by luigi's: d-smash.

ike's f-tilt:
ike's f-tilt outprioritizes luigi's: A, AA, AAA, fireballs, up-B, down-B and forward-B(uncharged, charged and missfired)
ike's f-tilt has equal priority to luigi's: f-tilt, u-tilt, d-tilt, f-smash, d-smash, u-smash.

ike's u-tilt:
ike's u-tilt outprioritizes luigi's: A, AA, fireballs, up-B(sweetspotted and un-sweetspotted), down-B and forward-B(uncharged, charged and missfired)
ike's u-tilt has equal priority to luigi's: AAA, u-tilt, f-tilt, d-tilt, f-smash, u-smash, d-smash.

ike's d-tilt:
ike's d-tilt outprioritizes luigi's: A, AA, AAA, up-B( sweetspotted and un-sweetspotted) down-B, and forward B(uncharged, charged and missfired)
ike's d-tilt has equal priority to luigi's: u-tilt, f-tilt, d-tilt, f-smash, u-smash, d-smash and fireballs.

ike's f-smash
ike's f-smash outprioritizes luigi's: A, AA, AAA, f-tilt, d-tilt, up-B(sweetspotted and un-sweetspotted), down-B, forward B(uncharged, charged and missfired), fireballs.
ike's f-smash has equal priority to luigi's: u-tilt, f-smash, u-smash and d-smash.

Peach:

ike's neutral A attack:
ike's f-smash has equal priority to peach's: A, AA, f-tilt, d-tilt, f-smash(racket), u-smash,

ike's neutral AA attack:

ike's f-tilt:

ike's u-tilt:

ike's d-tilt:

ike's f-smash

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Wow, i have only received one reply... things are really starting to look grim for ike now that so few people are using him competitively...

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
Tbh I think the reason you don't get many replies is because of the characters you have up there. Not to be rude mind you because it's great work, but I myself am usually playing against MK, TL, Snake, Kirby, and others, so Mario and Luigi's priority list are great but they really aren't common enemies.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Doom-this is incredibly useful, considering that one of the ways to get better with a character is to know your strengths. <_<

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Doom dragon is that all your going to post from now on? this thread actually helps out a bit theres nothing wrong with it and that I play to win thread may not be that helpful but it isn't hurtful either.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Some of them, yes. I'd rather have a complete list than an incomplete one with people crying "but j00 didn't do ___!!!"

In any case, since Ike IS so powerful, it'll be nice to know which of his moves can punch through others. After all, you can only use so many moves in each given situation. Knowing your opponent+knowing their character+knowing your priority+knowing what moves they're going to use in a given setup+prediction=win.

Yeah, that's a lot of factors. <_< But, come on. Ike needs all the help he can get.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Though it is not something I would have researched for myself normally, I think this is a good idea. It would be helpful to know how attacks work against other attacks, considering Ike isn't the fastest character around. Good luck with this, and if you need any help I would be willing to look into some of the other characters.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I personally would've thought that only doing projectiles would be enough, but this is still a great list.

Ike's jab (single A) has equal priority to Pit's arrows and Pikachu's thundershock, in case you get around to testing those characters.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
To everyone wondering why i havent updated my list... i decided that i will make weekly updates instead of daily ones, i will update 10 characters every weekend, 5 on saturday and another 5 on sunday.

Magus420

Smash Master
May I suggest testing while using Starmen or respawn invincibility? It would make it 100% clear that the hitboxes actually made contact with each other, since it would result in one or both of the attacks getting clanked.

This way you can easily tell the difference between when an attack was overpowered and the character gets hit by the other's uninterrupted attack (hitboxes both made contact on each other 1st), and when an attack's hitbox made contact with their hurtbox without making contact with the other attack's hitbox or something. You would be able to actually see the clank lag of their attack without it being interrupted by being hit if the other attack overpowers it.

Also, you should look for a relation between damage % output of a hitbox and priority. In Melee, priority between attacks was determined simply by how much damage it did, and if the difference between Hitbox A and Hitbox B was equal to or less than a number in the 8-9% area (difficult to find the exact number since the decimal values of damage aren't shown and only the whole numbers) both attacks would clank. If the difference in damage output was greater, the weaker would get clanked and the other would continue through. Also, the lag of an attack after getting clanked was directly related to its damage, and the more damage it did the longer it would lag after being clanked.

If it's still the same way, all you'd need to do is find that difference in damage threshold, and then you would know how 2 ground attacks would interact when hitting each other.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Another update, i will release the complete list by the end of this month.
the reason is that I really need to improve the list's fromat, beacuse if i keep going like this, the list is going to be VERY long. Also, there are more things that needs to be added.
Because of this, this thread shall be forgotten, and once the list is done, i will make a new thread.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
so thats why you didn't post anything I was hoping that you would add 5 yesterday and 5 today but o well.

maybe you should try what the guy did with the k0 %s and put them on excel.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
This is extremely useful. Also, I'd love to see some of the priority stats against characters that are faster than Ike.

zealotscout

Smash Apprentice
, does U smash and D smash really out prioritize people that much? , if so , igota start back U smashing more often. and i need to find a sure fire way to use Dsmash effectively anyone help me there? nice list btw, im expecting the full data : ]

Top Bottom