• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's Counter

gallax

Smash Hero
Hey guy! I am trying to compile info about ike cuz i am thinking about maining him. This may seem a little out there but i would like to know more about the counter. How many frames does it last and at what point does he attack? i found the damage ratio and stuff but i cant really find on this thread where it tells the frame counts.help?

Kirk

Smash Champion
I'm unsure about exact frame counts, but to get a general idea, his Counter has a longer startup time, a shorter duration of 'counter frames,' and a longer lag time afterwards than Marth's counter.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...I'm not an avid fan of the counter to begin with lol.

mikeb2010

Smash Apprentice
Naw you hit it right on the head. Overall, Ike's counter is not as good as Marth's, but its a lot stronger. Just like their play styles. Ike is not exactly better than Marth, but he is a whole lot stronger.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Naw you hit it right on the head. Overall, Ike's counter is not as good as Marth's, but its a lot stronger. Just like their play styles. Ike is not exactly better than Marth, but he is a whole lot stronger.
Dude, Marth is better, we're not debating whose better, nor questioning.

I personally avoid his counter. It's slow and if you miss, you're kinda screwed.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
'doh!

I personally avoid his counter. It's slow and if you miss, you're kinda screwed.
He didn't say Ike was better than Marth, he said he was stronger.

Ike counter is slower than Marth and isn't that stronger. I only advise the use of counter after you have studied you opponent's attack pattern.

metroid1117

Smash Master
To my knowledge, there has been no information regarding the exact frames that Counter works for; this is because (1) without the debug menu (might be unlocked in the future), it is exceedingly difficult to have precise frame knowledge for things like this (such as SA/invincibility frames) without doing aggravating tests, (2) not many competitive people use Ike to begin with, and (3) Counter is probably never the best option because of its speed, so as a move it is not that important compared to the rest of Ike's moveset.

Danzo

Smash Rookie
i don't use Ike's counter, its getting expected from my opponent besides air dodge should correct it.

Monjula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdrianMonjula
3DS FC
5215-1057-8129
I used to use Ike's counter. Then I got Falcon Punched, and found that Eruption is the way to go if you're going to 'counter' anything.

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
It also seems possible to shield Ike's counter before the actual attack comes out.

mikeb2010

Smash Apprentice

Did I say that? No. Stop trying to flame dudes all the time. Falcon dude you have any vids of your gameplay?

Fire-emblem

Smash Rookie
Counter too much and the opponent will find your counter pattern and you are dead.

gallax

Smash Hero
That's why you read other threads about Ike and his moves and stuff like that.
hahaha. you obviously never read more than a few sentences. cuz i clearly said i wanted to know more about the counter. i also said i know about it physics about damage dealing and degeneration. you are showing your ignorance here by saying this. of course ive read other threads. ive read almost every sticked thread and watched a few vids too.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Why is it whenever I visit a random Ike thread, it degrades into crap? I actually clicked this thread so I could get more information myself, but... come on.

Top Bottom