• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another possible Marth CG Escape...?

Nestec

Smash Ace
o__o
Ouch, that was unfortunate. I was actually hoping for something groundbreaking...

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Looking at that thread more, it seems that there is a specific frame or at least, very tight timing that Ness can footstool during a release-grab.

http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?pid=130072#p130072
http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?pid=130073#p130073

Quote (originally posted by Edrees ):
Or are you saying you don't need to do that and you can footstool Marth on ANY grab break? Are you serious!? But you can't jump, he can grab you before you jump. Unless the footstool frame occurs even before the grab works or some crazy weird priorities there.

From Pippi: Yep, correct. I did it in the MIDDLE of an infinite grab when Marth released. I think you've gotten it wrong though, when you drop out of Marth's grab, there's a LITTLE bit of air time (Yes, this IS ground break) just before Ness hits the ground and THEN the grab break animation. You need to press the jump button ONCE to footstool, as a result, because Marth dropping you out of his grab counts as one jump. More testing is needed, though. I'm pretty sure you can do it on ANY grab that Marth throws at you, infinite or non-infinite, as long as it doesn't throw you too far.

Basically, Marth grabs Ness -> Ness gets grabbed-> Marth pummels->Ness breaks out-> Ness falls-> Ness footstools

NOT Marth grabs Ness -> Ness gets grabbed-> Marth pummels->Ness breaks out-> Ness does break out animation, Ness footstools. Ness doesn't EVEN DO the break out animation. Marth couldn't grab/attack if he tried, because 1. Ness has teleported, 2. He's flinching because Ness is footstooling him.

Also, I did not break out immediately, I did it after a few pummels from Marth. I don't know how to break out right away, sorry...

...I think we have a big one here...
If this gets figured out, you can footstool every grab-release before they get to do anything, since footstools literally teleport you above the character. So don't be so quick to dismiss this.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I get the feeling this could be stage or terrain specific...but I'm interested. Now if only someone could replicate it and save the replay.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Well then there is a question that still needs to be answered. What stage were you on? I'm assuming Final Destination since so many people love that stage for whatever reason. You could try to replicate this by playing on the stage you were at, holding forward towards Marth at all times and continuously press the jump button. That's my thought on that. I mean how else would you footstool Marth while trying to escape?

Top Bottom