• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer vs. Metaknight

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Hey all you Metaknights, I come to you humbly for your help. You see, we at the Pokemon Trainer board have begun a Pokemon Type Chart of sorts to categorize PT's match ups in the game, POKEMON STYLE. And we've now begun our Pokedex Entry series, where we dedicate a thread to one character.

Our first entry was on...well none other than PT himself (most complex ditto ever btw) and our second..well...we decided on you! You guys are so troublesome that we just had to dedicate it to you. MK should be honored. :p

But in all seriousness, it'd be great if any of you with experience playing decent PT's could analyze the match up? So we could get both sides of the story. My hope is that it will benefit both character discussion boards, when PT one day realizes his potential and gloriously rises from the depths of hell/bottom tier...:laugh:

Finally, perhaps we could set up some 1v1s between the two boards? No better way to find out than to test it in game!

Here's our discussion on MK:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=178125

thanks for the help guys!

Amide

Smash Lord
I'm open for 1v1s. But on this matchup, Ivysaur is the best Pokemon to use. MK beats Squirtle. Same playstyle, except MK is quicker. Charizard is like a punching bag. Ivysaur is pretty even, maybe MK's favor, but the best decision for the PT. Ivysaur outranges MK, and has a projectile, forcing close combat. MK wins close combat because of speed, but attacking from a moderately close distance is in Ivy's favor. Ivy's FSmash wrecks the Mach Tornado, so you don't have to worry about that. When a MK glides toward you, USmash is your best friend.

In closing:

MK>Squirtle
MK>Charizard
MK=Ivysaur

I'd be open to help whenever needed by the way.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Wanna play again later today? :) Our blue connection works out pretty well.

TLink_King said:
Ivysaur is the best Pokemon to use
I'm gonna have to disagree. Mach Tornado out-prioritizes most of Ivysaur's attacks and MK can edge-guard him without even trying.

IMO the best pokemon to stick with against MK is Squirtle; gives MK the most trouble.

Amide

Smash Lord
It says you're online, want to play then? Maybe shoot a PM.
_
@affnity

MK is a lot like Squirtle, except MK is better at what they have in common. Range, strength, speed, etc.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
rofl a pokedex.

well mk has to watch out for 3 things. ivysaurs neutural B, running into chaurzards rock smash or vertical killing moves, and squirle well idk yet. mk has wayy more range and priority over squirle unless your one of those tricky sliding upsmash play res with squitle lmao

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
squirtle's upsmash is his best bet at killing mk.

what do you guys think about counterpick stages? which stages does mk want to play on and which do he detest?

Elliot Gale

Smash Ace
Would any of you MKs mind taking a stab at my PT? As far as I know my connection is fairly good, and I'm probably one of the better PTs that actually plays online. :S

Though I like seeing an MK that thinks Squirtle is troublesome.

PM me for FC btw.

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
Sry... I'm the type of people who believe it's wrong to judge a matchup via online so yeah if its not online bring it... I don't run a character matchup help thread with Zephyr on empty skills...

That little lag means a lot to MKs online nevertheless of a good connection...

On the other note here is my view:

Mk > Ivysaur
Mk > Charizard
Mk > Squirtle

thats just from my experience as a Mk

and yeah the Squirtle up smash is very effective on Mk's

Pokedex:
Mk
Dark/ Flying Type
The Legendary Masked Knight Pokemon

Ability: Hover (ground type attacks has no affect on this creature), First Strike (Increased chance of striking first)

This creature is commonly found on his ship the Halberd and is characterized for being a blue round puffball like creature frequently found wearing a mask and carries a small sword... Has a noble yet aggressive and powerful nature however when defeated or breaks his mask in combat usually escapes battle. He can also swing his sword fast enough to break the sound barrier and can rotate fast enough to create a miniature tornado. He can also switch between his cape and wings at will.

Top Bottom