• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Losses by our ROBs

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Think of this as another little project....

If you've ever lost a tournament set, post what character it was here. This will be a good way to determine exactly who is causing the most trouble for our robotic operating buddy without any mysticism.

Please only post things from actual tournaments, and if you're just picking up ROB and don't know what you're doing please don't add your tournament losses yet. Wait until you're doing well so we can say "ROB might have a disadvantage" rather than you just need to improve your overall game.

Also, if it's a best of 1 or something like that, ignore it. Just best of 3 and up! Also, put down your placing in tournaments. If you're not making top 16 in tournaments with decent competition at least it will fudge the list up. The point is to see who does well against ROB at high level play!

Stupid Characters that have taken a set off ROB in tournament
Metaknight (33)
DeDeDe (17)
Snake (17) [what?!]
G&W (11)
Marth (10)
ROB (6)
Toon Link (6)
Wario (5)
DK (4)
Falco (4)
Olimar (4)
Zelda (3)
Kirby (2)
Pikachu (2)
Peach(2)
Pit (1)
Bowser (1)
Lucario (1)
Kirby (1)
Fox (1)

Characters above the bolded "ROB" line more than likely are popular and/or do well against ROB. Characters below are likely unpopular and most wins could be attributed to the player rather than the character.

While it may be true that Snake, while above the line, doesn't do incredibly well against ROB and there just happen to be dozens of good snake players everywhere... and it may be true that a character below the line could totally wreck ROB but hasn't really been discovered yet....

You can still get some important info out of this list.

The one thing you should take from this list, if nothing else:

Those characters above the bolded "ROB" line are those that you should know the matchups for, as they are either incredibly common, incredibly hard, or both.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
In the last tournament I went to, which is the only one I've done reasonably well at (top 10 woohoo), I only lost to 2 MKs.

Come to think of it, I think in all the tourneys I've been to so far I've pretty much only lost to MKs. Maybe a couple G&Ws. And Nacker's ROB once. But I wouldn't count those cause I sucked back then.

So 2 MKs for me.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Kirby 2x
DK 3x
MK 3x
GW 1x

Umm, that's all I can recall at the moment.
Not to be picky or anything, but I'm going to be picky. What placing do you normally get? I want this to be at high level play only.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Not to be picky or anything, but I'm going to be picky. What placing do you normally get? I want this to be at high level play only.
I usually get around the 5th,6th,7th range.

As an aside- the ones I listed are ones that have knocked me out of either the winner's or loser's bracket. I don't remember every single loss and their char and corresponding place in bracket-- so Im pulling from a foggy memory.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
Ike [azen in doubles]
Marth [meep in doubles]
ROB [f*** you nacker]
Marth [f*** you azen game 3 >_>]
DDD [chillin]
Snake [candy]

On another note.. Chozen is growing tired of ROB.. and thus is [actually] attempting to make Fox his VERY VERY solid secondary... aka probably start w/ Fox, and use ROB when he knows that the character doesn't have OUTF**KINGRIGHT advantage on ROB..

IMO d3 is an ROB counter.. perhaps it is the level of ddd's that i play against in this area.. maybe im just dumb.. but CPing Norfair will only get you so far... MK isn't honestly THAT bad, but the fact that he can gay ROB @ 26% is just silly... and unless you outright OS the sh*t out of G&W i think he may [ZOMG DONT SAY IT] actually be more difficult to fight then DDD... Marth is just flat out homosexual, and can outspace ROB/out combo him... if i'm relaying on gimps then i've clearly already lost the fight.. wtf maybe i just had a bad day..

Our main is not good.. he is not solid... he just has good players that have good mindgames.

The old tricks that used to work.. don't. He's just too easy to combo >_>;

ICANTCOUNT123456

Smash Journeyman
I just got my butt whooped by a Mr. G&W.

3 stock, he had two left... that **** turtle... nightmares...

edit: i made in top 15... G&W just rolled by everybody.

double edit: nah, it seems G&W is the best R.O.B counter, lasers own waddle dees.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
MK x 5
Wario x 2
Rob x 1

In chronological order, I placed:
7th in a 36 man tournament (8/10 ranked socal players present)
2nd in a 33 man tournament (3/10 ranked socal players present)
7th in a 192 man tournament (10/10 ranked socal players present)
2nd in a 45 man tournament ( 6/10 ranked socal players present)

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Uhm...of the ones I can remember...

1x Wario (Futile)
1x DK (Nicktendo)
3x DeDeDe (a lot of this was also Nicktendo...)
1x Marth (P_Noy)
2x Snake (one was ChrisLionHart and the other was...Phear? I don't remember)

The snakes were before I realized how to take down Snake, so you may not want to include those.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Sudai follows the correct format....
Oh. So, Sudai follows the right format, even tho I did the same thing 4 posts earlier, all because you haven't heard of me simply because I don't feel the need/urge/desire to travel halfway across the country to go to tournaments.

Gotcha.

Lawlz. =P

[-throws a hissy fit/tantrum (depending on what part of the country you're from-]

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Oh. So, Sudai follows the right format, even tho I did the same thing 4 posts earlier, all because you haven't heard of me simply because I don't feel the need/urge/desire to travel halfway across the country to go to tournaments.

Gotcha.

Lawlz. =P

[-throws a hissy fit/tantrum (depending on what part of the country you're from-]
Haha... more like I'm lazy and just scrolled up til I saw someone that made it easy on me XD

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
1x Falco (PC Chris)
1x Snake (Solid Jake)

That was my best tourney. I got bumped a little early. I feel like I suck since i lose to Snake. BLAH!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I make fun of Snake a lot, but Snake is a good character. You don't have to be embarassed for losing to Snake any more than a Fox has to be embarassed for losing to a Jigglypuff (Melee). Yeah, it might seem to be in Fox's favor, but Jiggs is pretty **** good.

bajisci

Smash Ace
3x mk(dmbrandon, shadow, m2k)
3x d3(atomsk, m2k, inui)
1x GnW(velocity)

placed 9th of 62 at last montage tournament
7th of 21
9th of 61
all had extremely good players at

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If I start recording my beatings on R.O.B. will you include them? ^_^
:mad: ROB players only! :mad:

This is our clubhouse!!!!

I didn't really consider other people putting the losses of ROBs here. I think it'd be best if just the ROB players said it, otherwise we'd have repeats.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
:mad: ROB players only! :mad:

This is our clubhouse!!!!

I didn't really consider other people putting the losses of ROBs here. I think it'd be best if just the ROB players said it, otherwise we'd have repeats.
Aw, but I wanted to troll through here... Oh well, I'll remind people that I beat to come to this thread. ^_^

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
-Iv lost to ROB twice (**** dittos, it was to nacker twice in same bracket. winners and losers)
-Snake once (Reno, could have won though, went to 3rd match last hit)
-GaW (Velocity is too good)
-GaW (OmegaBlackMage is also rly good lol)

its clear from that and from playing that GaW is my biggest prob

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
D3 x 2 (forward, DSF)

Our main is not good.. he is not solid... he just has good players that have good mindgames.

The old tricks that used to work.. don't. He's just too easy to combo >_>;
You shut your filthy mouth and take it back.

I just got my butt whooped by a Mr. G&W.

3 stock, he had two left... that **** turtle... nightmares...

edit: i made in top 15... G&W just rolled by everybody.

double edit: nah, it seems G&W is the best R.O.B counter, lasers own waddle dees.
Don't laser, and ROB wins.

lord karn

Smash Master
Marth x3 (Meep/good local player)
Pikachu (Meep)
ROB x 2 (Azen and Nacker)
Metaknight x 1 (Plank)
Dedede x 1 (Chillin)

C3 (7th)
C3 (13th)
C3 (7th)
Local Tourney (2nd)

Overall, I'd have to say Metknight is the hardest character for ROB, with Marth as second, and Dedede as third hardest.

Sudai

Stuff here
Marth? Hard? We have to do Marth in the Character Match-up thread next week because he so isn't. Yeah I lost to one too, but that guy is just a flat out better player than me.

Anyway, why the hell is this thread so long? We need to step it up as ROBs and stop loosing. : (

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Sudai: You suuuuuuuuuuuuuure hate on Marth for a guy that has lost to a few in tourney.

Just saying.

Don't be ashamed to lose to the blue haired sexyness that is Marth.

Sudai

Stuff here
I always lose to the same Marth. No others in the area even get close like this guy does. I just really suck at coming from the edge against him. Where did I go and hate on Marth though? o.o

Top Bottom