• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Surprised.

Veng

Smash Ace
I honestly couldnt believe how many times I just read snake is broken, hes the best in the tactical discussion.

When I first played him, he seems slow and his moves have a lot of lag, or so it seemed.

How do people find him broken? ( Obviously I dont know )

Amide

Smash Lord
Because of his ATs, outrageous hitboxes, amazing tilts, recovery. Projectile game, all attacks are kills. Mindgames, matchups...

Fire4All

Smash Cadet
I feel the same way. I'm thinking it is because he can set up traps all over the field....I picked up Snake several times and would get owned. I have to stick to people who actually...move....like Toon Link and...I EVEN DO BETTER WITH GANNON!!!

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
People just say he's broken because they are just trying to make themselves feel better. They are just frustrated, apparently. Stuff like this happens in every game. Since they lose, their anger just makes them find excuses to why they lose. They don't even try to find ways to fight against the character they lost from. Excuses just show how weak people are mentally.

Azgner

Smash Apprentice
People just say he's broken because they are just trying to make themselves feel better. They are just frustrated, apparently. Stuff like this happens in every game. Since they lose, their anger just makes them find excuses to why they lose. They don't even try to find ways to fight against the character they lost from. Excuses just show how weak people are mentally.
That is the best thing I've ever read. so true.

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
every character is broken, because everyone doesn't want anyone using their mains...
Umm...who cares if they jump on a "bandwagon" nothing wrong with playing a character you like, are good with, and nothing wrong for playing to win, people don't enter tournaments to lose with a character they don't like...

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Originally Posted by Cecilanius:

haha....ha...aaaaaahahaha. :p Faux deep thoughts and oversimplification, for the loss. Let's not turn a game into a social commentary or psychiatric evaluation, pl0x and/or thank j00.

Sure. Yeah, people get frustrated. Snake isn't "broken," but I don't like being punched when I'm standing behind you. An excuse is an excuse. A viable excuse is a viable excuse. Not all excuses are created equal, and not all excuses are testamonials against one's mental fortitude. Many excuses start with a degree of truth. Snake is just incredibly hard to deal with for most characters and many players. That's not an excuse. Methinks you play the wrong kind of brawlers if you're getting little ninnies that want to cry about an ftilt from 20 feet away. <_<

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
Originally Posted by Cecilanius:

haha....ha...aaaaaahahaha. :p Faux deep thoughts and oversimplification, for the loss. Let's not turn a game into a social commentary or psychiatric evaluation, pl0x and/or thank j00.

Sure. Yeah, people get frustrated. Snake isn't "broken," but I don't like being punched when I'm standing behind you. An excuse is an excuse. A viable excuse is a viable excuse. Not all excuses are created equal, and not all excuses are testamonials against one's mental fortitude. Many excuses start with a degree of truth. Snake is just incredibly hard to deal with for most characters and many players. That's not an excuse. Methinks you play the wrong kind of brawlers if you're getting little ninnies that want to cry about an ftilt from 20 feet away. <_<
I was just saying what I believed. Nothin' wrong with that. It wasn't just for this game. It was for basically everything in life. People should get used to not making excuses because they get you nowhere and just make you sound like an idiot.

Oh, uh...Snake isn't the only one that can hit people behind him. There are many people that can do that. For example, Wario's Fsmash.

Browny

Smash Hater
I honestly couldnt believe how many times I just read snake is broken, hes the best in the tactical discussion.

When I first played him, he seems slow and his moves have a lot of lag, or so it seemed.

How do people find him broken? ( Obviously I dont know )

every single one of his A attacks/aerials, 3 of his b specials and 2 throws are KO moves all < 150%. his out-of-shield punish game is incredible, his punches hit behind him, his tilts have amazing range, priority, more power than majority of characters smash attacks and are lightning fast, 3rd strongest fsmash in the game, his dthrow acts as a good tech-chase, upsmash is an amazing edgeguard, getting past a wall of mortars is extremely difficult, his recovery is on of the best, has the incredible mortar-slide (although it only does 4%).

and hes also the 3rd heaviest character.

hes not broken in the sense that hes unbeatable (hes very succeptile to chaingrabs and spikes), but compared to the rest of the brawl cast, he has more advantages than anyone else could ever dream of. most characters have cons to outweight thier pros but snakes bad points are so insignificant compared to his good points

Aziel

Smash Cadet
Snake isn't broken. You need to get your opponent all the way up to like, 50% until Utilt to C4 works.
Not to mention a big weakness for Snake is that the first three hits of his unescapable 4-hit N-air combo, don't KO.
Yeah, Snake really has it rough.

AfroTastic

Smash Apprentice
Just because Snake's Ftilt, and Utilt and disjointed hitboxes people call him broken.
I have several friends who have tried to play snake and they didn't like him much and said he's a complicated character to play.

Aziel

Smash Cadet
Just because Snake's Ftilt, and Utilt and disjointed hitboxes people call him broken.
I have several friends who have tried to play snake and they didn't like him much and said he's a complicated character to play.
They need to F-tilt more.

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
Snake is not broken. He can be gimped easier that most other characters. He can be spiked off the cypher easily. His explosives can hurt him as well. He's got his fair share of disadvantages like every other character.

Kurosagi

Smash Apprentice
-Almost all attacks Snake has are kill moves.
-Disjointed hitboxes
-C4 recovery
etc etc etc

Basically, he has the ability to control the flow of any match. With well placed explosives, you can pretty much guess where the opponent is going to be next. Not to mention Snake players don't even dream getting knocked off before at least 150%. He has his weaknesses, but his strengths FAR outweigh them.

Id check the backroom discussion on Snake; a lot of analysis there.

Snail

Smash Lord
I love how all the Snake players downplay how good Snake is, Snake is my secondary and I'll be the first to admit he's **** good.
Yeah, all the people who don't play Snake whine how overpowered he is as an excuse so they seem less bad when they lose, and all the people who do play Snake keep saying he's not overpowered so people won't think they can only win because they're Snake :ohwell:

Top Bottom