• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sig Wars

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
i dont think we have ever had one on swf.

part II http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=174984

this is how its gonna work

everyone who wants to enter say so(by that i mean post here)then once i get all the entries ill start a new thread were then the entries will make one or two sigs and post them there after everyones sig is entered then i will organize all the sigs into a neat little thread. then we vote. the way the voting will work is you will vote twice on the other sigs (other than your own) then i will tally the votes then the top 10 or so will move on to the final round were they will make three sigs and all the people who got eliminated will vote for the winner.

rules

dead line to enter -6/14/08

do not post the sigs you will enter here

do not post more than once on this thread i wanna keep it neat

anyone can enter

animation is allowed

participants

1. Doom Dragon 105
2. Grandeza
3. A Man
4. PiSToLZ
5. Sugar Poultry
6. Black Waltz
7. Tears of Insanity
8. O D I N
9. Lordunicorn3
10. Rollerking540
11. Onii-Chan
12. Naybewon
13. Weed
14. The Dinkoman
15. Marth Master
16. Mawu
17. Frate
18. Tom
19. Duker
20. SgtWikez
21. IC3R
22. mojo man

Roller

Smash Legend
If animated sigs count then I'm definately in!:)

If not then that sucks and I can't join...:(

But I assume you can do animated ones because they are still sigs...so ya, I'm in.

A_man13

Smash Master
GOOO PUBLIC EMBARASMENT!

I'll go, but I'll get whipped by some of my betters (not to say that I suck, but if Wikiez, Weed, Marthmaster, or O D I N join). I'll give it a shot and see if I can at least beat everyone in my shop.

And BTW, I think some random non-participating person should create a request we have to follow. It's just so that we are on generally even ground.

A_man13

Smash Master
Great. Just have Naybewon join and I'll be scorched to a burnt, toasty, and certainly not delicious part of any balanced breakfast.

lordunicorn3

Smash Journeyman
ill join, even tho im going to get killed
and a_man,
you are going down, im getting first in our shop
so, ha
and lol to the comment above

Roller

Smash Legend
@Doom:

You add no animation to the rules after I try to join...

I declare shenanigans!

Animated sigs are just as much sigs as any other sig. This is discrimination against what I consider to be a cool type of sig that I am sure every competitor who isn't intimidated by possibly losing to it would agree should be included.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
@Doom:

You add no animation to the rules after I try to join...

I declare shenanigans!

Animated sigs are just as much sigs as any other sig. This is discrimination against what I consider to be a cool type of sig that I am sure every competitor who isn't intimidated by possibly losing to it would agree should be included.
sorry but not everyone is an animator and therefore how do you critique something you dont know how to do and the reason i put it after you said ill join s because i forgot when i posted it. sorry dont wanna be an ***.

A_man13

Smash Master
They are different than average sig making. Unless you make stuff like you would see in the backgrounds of the mother series they aren't really as dificult as sigs.

I'm the greatest Sig maker of the shop. Now, bow before the awesome might of my abilities and prepair for new sig shop order.

Roller

Smash Legend
sorry but not everyone is an animator and therefore how do you critique something you dont know how to do and the reason i put it after you said ill join s because i forgot when i posted it. sorry dont wanna be an ***.
It may be true that not everyone is an animator, however that doesn't mean you can't critique how cool it looks...

I am not a normal sig maker, yet I can still tell which sigs are better than others. And their are plenty of people who study and critique art everywhere on the planet who don't actually make it themselves...

Just because we did not create the oceans or the hillsides does that prohibit us from aknowledging their beauty? I think not. Surely you see where I am coming from.

Animations should be allowed in any fair competitions of sigs.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
It may be true that not everyone is an animator, however that doesn't mean you can't critique how cool it looks...

I am not a normal sig maker, yet I can still tell which sigs are better than others. And their are plenty of people who study and critique art everywhere on the planet who don't actually make it themselves...

Just because we did not create the oceans or the hillsides does that prohibit us from aknowledging their beauty? I think not. Surely you see where I am coming from.

Animations should be allowed in any fair competitions of sigs.
sigh ill think about it'

everyone from this point on vote if you want animation

A_man13

Smash Master
I say OK. It slightly uneavens the field, but it isn't like he'll be able to get past the giants of the forums just yet.

A_man13

Smash Master
I can hardly compete with DoomDragon. You've seen the rest of the shops? I'll get crushed in a matter of time. With you...

lordunicorn3

Smash Journeyman
lets get a theme soon, so i can start and work on it a lot, so i wont get totally humiliated

onii-chan

Smash Ace
i think i will join just post a deadline date so i can prephare...i gotta do some pencil to paper drawings for another contest so let me know the deadlines....put me down as a maybe...

sugar and odin...there were the heavy competion comes in...did mastermarth join?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Oooh, I wanna watch this. Who is making the request for all to do?

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
i think i will join just post a deadline date so i can prephare...i gotta do some pencil to paper drawings for another contest so let me know the deadlines....put me down as a maybe...

sugar and odin...there were the heavy competion comes in...did mastermarth join?
no but i sent an invite to him

A_man13

Smash Master
Yeah, you'll be thanking for that later, Rollerking.

Thanks for the compliment, Doom. But right now you are the least of my concerns compaired to some of the higher level sig makers. It would be nice if we began with groups of two sig makers with equal ability go at it, but thats probably not going to happen.

lordunicorn3

Smash Journeyman
ohh, onii-chan, very good idea, that would be a great way to get more business back to the shops
ya we should definitly advertise this

Top Bottom