• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

marth glitch?

wavelucas

Smash Apprentice
I was fighting against a shiek lv. 9 CPU as Marth. I was tetsting the edgeguarding abilities of dancing blades, when Shiek started coming back on to the stage. As she grabbed the ledge , I used the down finishing of dancing blades, (the one where he pokes) and I flew off of the stage!?!?

My theory: as you grab the lege, there is a very small vaccum the is created as you grab. this vaccum, combined withthe advancing properties of the dancing blade's 4th hit, shot me off of the stage

Application: this could be used in 1 on 1 matches to spike an opponent from behind with Marth's Bair OR in multiplayer brawls, it could be used to edgeguard opponents form very far away

This is my 1st post, so be nice. Video being uploaded as soon as I can get my hands on a video camera.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Not really. Flying off of Yoshi story at wavedash speed while trying to recover with Ike isn't fun.

Vro

Smash Lord
With limited application, this would be better fit on the Marth boards.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I definitely see what you mean, this could theoretically work with any grounded attack that has forward momentum.

The thing is, what we need to do is figure out a way to lesson it, cause as of right now the only use I can see is a precisely placed retreating fair to finish somebody off, or last stock in general. If there was some way to place it however, I could see possibilities...

wavelucas

Smash Apprentice
So, could you theoretically use this to send yourself soaring upwards with an up-finish on the Dancing Blade? That'd be...kinda cool. Maybe even useful?
Well, it may be possible, but it reqires precice timing and I can't pull it off again unless by chance. Second , I don't think the up finish guives upward momentum, or else using it in the air would slow your decent. Third, this might just be a VERY situational way to combat a Marth opponent (I discovered it while checking if the 3rd down hit had meteor smah/spike properties, so it might be a way to gaurd againt that). And fourth, has anyone tried it with Shiek's forward smash?

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Yes, mario has something similar to this, his cape glide. The boost in momentum from the attack is carried over. Lucas has it with his PK thunder also, probably some others, but Marth's is the most extremed I've seen.

Top Bottom