• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ageold Theatre - Video Thread (Dying...)

Neb

Smash Lord
The Ageold Theatre

Briefing

Player libraries are allowed up to 10 videos (does not include sets) for neatness
There is no posting format, just give me the links in your post
I will only allow above average play inside the theatre
Don't forget to watch videos in high quality
Most recent videos are listed first

Flicks

Flattered - A G&W community montage

cutter

cutter vs. llow (Luigi/Fox) - 1 2 3

cutter vs messiahfreak (Sonic) - 1 2 3 4 5

cutter vs Tornadicus (Yoshi) - 1 2 3 4 5 6

God-is-my-Rock

God-is-my-Rock vs Vist (Luigi) - 1 2 3 4

Hylian

Hylian vs Praxis - 1 2 3

Hylian vs SK (IC's) - 1 2

Hylian vs Clai (Ganon) - 1 2

Hylian vs Praxis (Peach) - 1 2 3 4 5

Hylian vs Phantom X - 1 2 3 4 5 6

Leepuff

Leepuff vs EazySeph (Snake)

Leepuff vs Mikehaze (Marth)

Leepuff vs RichBrown (Olimar) - 1 2 3 4

Leepuff vs Micheal Hey (IC)

Leepuff Vs Typh (PT)

Neb

Neb vs Pitru (TL) - 1 2 3 4 5 6

Neb vs Texas Pete (Fox)

Needle of Juntah

NoJ vs AZ - 1 2 3

Omegablackmage

OBM vs Ally - 1 2

OBM vs Hylian (G&W)

OBM vs JJ (Wolf)

Phloat

Phloat vs NR26 (Marth)

Phloat vs Boom Cube (Rob) - 1 2

Slikvik

Slikvik vs Fizzi (Snake)

Slikvik + God-is-my-rock vs. Chudat + Forte - 2 3

Superboom

Superboom vs Alphicans (Falco)

UTD Zac

UTD Zac vs Ice (Snake) - 1 2

UTD Zac vs Dojo - 1 2

UTD Zac vs DPhat (MK) - 1 2 3

UTD Zac vs DPhat (Marth) - 1 2

Valdens

Valdens vs DSF (Snake) - 1 2

Valdens vs Praxis (Peach) - 1&2 3&4 5

_______________________​

Neb

Smash Lord
Kinda bland, don't you think? Well of course, I just started and I need a place to store and test everything out correctly; so this is where I'm setting camp. If you guys have any vids you want me to list, please post them in here.

Oh and I'm starting fresh, aside from the well known players, so if some players are missing, sorry.

oldhat

Smash Rookie

napZzz

Smash Hero
This is hot stuff neb! Its very organized. Zjiin and cosmo matches are so epic!

Neb

Smash Lord
Thanks! And I'll add the vids in a bit. Question, should I have the gallery in the same style, or should I organize it by player instead of character?

napZzz

Smash Hero
hmmm thats a good ?. Sometimes people might want to go see a certain character play, but other wise most of the time they want to see g&w against other characters (most likely). Maybe somehow there can be two sections one for characters and one for player specific, although that would get quite large.

Neb

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'll probably just stick to the same style, easier to navigate. I'd do the dual section thing, but like you said, it'd be way to big.

Gishnak

Smash Ace
As long as the videos posted are of high level play G&W and the opponent is mostly competent, I think this style is fine. As a request, please only list the videos of good players! (Or at least only the videos that are worth watching).

I figure you already have this covered, Neb. By the way, thanks for being a dedicated G&W forum contributor. Keep up the good work. My tournament finals video was recorded, but the video was never put onto a computer, so I guess I'll need to go get some video recording equipment.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
vs. forward (pit)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jxavlEu3MGo
vs. forward (ike)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=E0qgS5ejb5M&feature=related
vs. forward (snake)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7Y-qfCMQmsI&feature=related
vs. hugs(rob)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2uC9n94hqYE
(r2 of this set got cut off and is like 1min long, i won tho)
teamed with plan 9 (wario)
vs. boa (marf)and teba(ddd)
r1: http://youtube.com/watch?v=2dt2c6FTyUk
r2: http://youtube.com/watch?v=9q5DQO_x0XE
vs. edge/ajax (mk snake)
r1: http://youtube.com/watch?v=urhlFRzaFGg
r2-r5 is up there im too lazy to find each link

here are some vids from socal tournys, i should have some really good ones up in a week at the most, had some amazing teams and singles matches recorded at the last ffa tourny in socal.
yeahulz

edit: most of these videos suck im not very proud of them because now my gaw is a lot better i should get recent vids up

Neb

Smash Lord
As long as the videos posted are of high level play G&W and the opponent is mostly competent, I think this style is fine. As a request, please only list the videos of good players! (Or at least only the videos that are worth watching).

I figure you already have this covered, Neb. By the way, thanks for being a dedicated G&W forum contributor. Keep up the good work. My tournament finals video was recorded, but the video was never put onto a computer, so I guess I'll need to go get some video recording equipment.
Thank you, and yeah, I'll be only listing good quality matches, etc. And when you do get the recordings you know where to post them.

@Love
Pretty nice matches. Thanks for contributing, I'll look forward to seeing more recent battles, you have an awesome G&W style. ^^b

Neb

Smash Lord
lol, whatever finishes the job, heh. Should be pretty cool to watch some new stuff; how've you been placing in tournaments lately?

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
pretty good, me and plan 9 are doing really well in teams we got 2nd at the last FFA tournament and beat a lot lot of good people (dsf+nezumi, futile+blitz, bardull+jont, edge+dehf basically everyone in top 10 lol) and i got 5th in singles at the ffa beating bardull (6) and dc (3) so im happy with my gaw right now

plus i go to random local tournaments and clean house with plan 9..free money lol

Neb

Smash Lord
Sheesh, getting paid for participating in a hobby, doesn't get much better than that. By the way, sounds like you and plan9 are pwnage as teammates, I can only imagine you two have gotten much better. Nice job with the tourney's.

Neb

Smash Lord
So yeah, I decided to change the format, the other one was a bit to sloppy and was a hassle to update. Hopefully you guys will like this set-up, its a bit more personalized, though I still need to tweak a few things. The characters are ordered alphabetically and the matches are in order with their character by date.

Neb

Smash Lord
G&W forum, this is the latest Video Thread, I've added AzNfinesse's combo video to the Miscellaneous section. If you have clips that you want posted on the charts, please use the Video Uploading Format at the first page of the thread.

Video Posting Format.
vs. Opponent (Character) [Date]| Level
Video Link

Thanks, ^^b.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599

Neb

Smash Lord
Could you put that in the Video Posting Format, please?
It makes things a lot easier.

vs. Opponent (Character) [Date]| Level
Video Link

Neb

Smash Lord
Yeah, I sent Samuraipanda a pm awhile ago, he said to message him when its up. Hopefully we'll have the new sticky up by today.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
Check out the amazing brokenness of Snake's uptilt in action during the first fight between Lambchops and xYz around 2:15

Lets hope this video thread will be full of win.

cutter

Smash Champion
This might sound a bit nitpicky Neb, but can you remove the "entertainment" part on "Packin' a 9 entertainment" link? Sounds a bit crazy, but it makes it a bit more aesthetically pleasing. :)

Neb

Smash Lord
This might sound a bit nitpicky Neb, but can you remove the "entertainment" part on "Packin' a 9 entertainment" link? Sounds a bit crazy, but it makes it a bit more aesthetically pleasing. :)
lol, sure, I thought it was a tad weird too.

cutter

Smash Champion
I really want to record some matches with some of my friends, but I don't have the equipment atm. What do you guys recommend for software/programs to capture footage well?

A2ZOMG: Loved your stage spikes on the Olimar vid. The second one was hilarious. Very nice comeback vs. Rob.

Personally, I use Dsmash over Fsmash to kill along with Fair of course. You'll get an idea of my playstyle when I get the chance to make vids.

Also use turtle a LOT against characters like Mario who struggle at beating it.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I record all footage on a rewritable DVD, use VOB2MPEG to convert it into something usable, and then split individual videos with Windows Movie Maker. I can't recommend anything because I do not know of other techniques for recording footage. I've heard Gamebridge is nice for that, but I dunno otherwise.

It seriously took me all of last night to upload those 17 or so vids on youtube. X(

And yeah, stagespikes ftw. I totally dissed him there on the second stock. XD

And huh, I actually prefer to kill with U-smash. Then F-air, then the other two Smashes.

cutter

Smash Champion
@ A2ZOMG: Ok, on this Wifi match, that was awesome you manage to walltech TWO of Snake's Fsmashes on the lag city that is Wifi. Very nice. The comments are also pretty funny.

And you tripped into Snake's Dtilt at the end while you were at like 150ish. :ohwell:

BTW, how did you record onto the DVD? Did you just use a video camera or what? Sorry if that sounds like a stupid question. Once I get recording capabilities, I'm immediately going to show you guys my double Uair kill. :)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@ A2ZOMG: Ok, on this Wifi match, that was awesome you manage to walltech TWO of Snake's Fsmashes on the lag city that is Wifi. Very nice. The comments are also pretty funny.

And you tripped into Snake's Dtilt at the end while you were at like 150ish. :ohwell:
I got too happy with youtube annotations lol.

Yeah, I tripped into his D-tilt (sucks, I know) but the timer ended before it counted as a KO, so I won. XD

BTW, how did you record onto the DVD? Did you just use a video camera or what? Sorry if that sounds like a stupid question. Once I get recording capabilities, I'm immediately going to show you guys my double Uair kill. :)
I use one of these disks.
I think this is the DVD player I use.

I assume it shouldn't be too hard for you to locate a DVD player, which you will use to burn live footage from your TV onto one of those rewritable disks. The beauty of these particular disks is the fact that they are rewritable, meaning that once you're done with the footage you have burned on, you can erase it and record new stuff. I'm not sure what else to tell you, because I'm not sure how your DVD player might work. Mine, when I "Initialize" one of these disks, it will erase all current footage recorded, which gets the disk ready for new footage naturally. Then when I go to my Brawl replays and start them, I press "Record" on the remote for my DVD player, and things work just fine from there. When you are done recording, the disk must "Finalize" the information. This can be done automatically for me when I simply opt to eject the disk from my DVD player.

When you record footage onto a disk, it is stored in a filetype called VOB. I honestly don't think that is an acceptable format for youtube if I recall, but anyhow the real problem is after you record everything you want, you will need a way to separate all of the footage into individual matches. I use a program called VOB2MPEG to extract the footage into something usable by Windows Movie Maker, which can be used to split footage into segments that you can save as individual files (WMV format, which IS acceptable by youtube).

I have no idea if there is a less complicated process that people use for recording footage. <<

Neb

Smash Lord
New Releases!
+Added A2ZOMG to the Actor's Roster
+Input Hylians New Clips
+Input Love's New Clips

Top Bottom