• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wanna Kill Snake at 0%? (video included)

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Then do the Omnigay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhmRoAz_4CQ

It's easy.

Wait for the countless Snake's to grab their countless grenades. Grab them while they're holding the grenade, and time an up-throw so that you appear at the top of the screen when the bomb blows up.

Yep, it works. Go try it for yourself.

How it Works:
Proper timing causes Snake to die EVERYTIME at ANY % while Metaknight can SURVIVE at ANY %. If you get the timing of the bomb and the throw wrong, both Snake and Metaknight may die or sometimes MK will die by himself.

Why This is Effective:
There are two reasons:

1.) If you grab them while they have a grenade in their hand and you know how to do this move, it's great way to kill one of the hardest characters in the game to kill.

2.) If the Snake is AWARE of this technique, this means they won't be holding on to their grenades as often. A good Snake's approach is to always have a grenade in hand so that they can shield if MK wants to use Tornado. To sum it up, this eliminates a tactic that Snake was once able to use.

Just when we thought MK couldn't be more gay, the Omnigay appears.

Happy hunting.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
you had me sold until you mentioned that it might just result in MY death at 0%... nice discovery though, and thanks for sharing. will definitely be trying to pull that off.

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman
Edit: Edit: This works if Snake picks up Grenades off of the ground, not when he pulls it out the first time. If you grab him when he first pulls it out, he will drop the grenade when you grab him. The grenade will blow in about 3.5 seconds, so it's not too long. Takes good timing, but it can be effective.

Chaco

Never Logs In
That is a very circumstanstial(sp?), almost like Falco's laser lock, but a little higher percentage.

Chaco

Never Logs In
MK is the shiz, and its cool but highly unlikely to happen in a match. Like the one hit KO with Pit and the Spikey thingys.

Omni

BRoomer
I'm sure it works with Link and Toon Link's bombs. I would assume it's harder to do because of the timing of the bomb.

This technique isn't something you can just pull off all day, BUT it isn't TOO hard to do. If you happen to see them shieldrop a grenade and pick it up, rush in for the grab. 9/10, they'll sit their in their sheild thinking, "If he dash attacks me, he's gonna' hit the grenade."

WRAONG.

Just master the timing of the grenade's explosion. I believe it's about 3 seconds.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
lol I actually did that to a Snake at a tourney recently. It was a very "wtf?" kind of moment.

P.S I was going to call it the Brightside Grenade Cancel (BGC for short) but the Omnigay is OK I guess...

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Or you could grab him while he's doing his UpB over a pit. :ohwell:

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
Yeah usually snakes use a system of a full count of 4seconds for timing grenades. So I would just use that for timing. This is an awesome find as I hate fighting snakes with my mk.

Quick question are there any videos up showing this strat?

Omni

BRoomer
I'll upload it today. It's just a quick 3 stock match of me killing a Snake 3 times in a row.

QUIVO

Smash Master
It works on Toon Link.
I played an MK online and he did an up throw. Killed us both and I had like 10% while he had some sort of high percent. So stupid...

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if you can do it to Toon Link without it killing both players. Toon Link's bomb is about 6 seconds. IDK why any Toon Link would be holding a bomb for that long though.

RangeOverMatter

Smash Rookie
I am testing this out later :D. God, to fully pwn and destroy at 0%? I don't care if I do take my own life in the process, but if that gets pulled off in a recorded match with a snake, its in my combo vid :D lol.

-RoM

iamthelifeonmars

Smash Cadet
this makes me so happy, i hate mk vs. snake. i play a particularly gay and gimpy mk as it is so i cant wait to throw this into the mix :lick:.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
Hey, just to clarify some things, I'm pretty sure that what determines who dies is port priority, so you should definitely pick a port with a higher number against Snakes if you want to do this. Or just pick the green shield like I do because it is the ish with the red costume.

Really good find, Omni. By the way, you can do stuff like this in doubles too (with C4 and nades) if you have a Snake as a partner.

Omni

BRoomer
I rearranged my player slot so that I was 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and then 4th player. The outcome didn't change.

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
So I had no problem trying this out the first time I did it in training mode, but then I tried again later and I couldn't get it off. Everytime I tried it would result my mk to kill himself instead of snake. Does the controller ports really make a difference? I'm starting to actually believe it...I think that's the only reason for this happening since I was getting it right every time blowing up snake to his death.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Snake mains might want to consider switching over to a different character, as MK is a solid counter to his grenade shenanigans.

RIP SNAKE.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Most Infomative and hilarious thing I have seen all day. More reasons why Meta's for god tier( I don't even play the guy, notice the olimar next to the report post sign.)

Top Bottom