• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for GOOD Sonics who can handle Wifi Lag.

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
Hey guys. I'm looking for some really good sonics. I know of a very good Sonc in NY that I plan on playing soon, but circumstances right now is making it difficult to get to NY to get down with the boys over there, so for now wifi will have to do.

Now, it seems that a lot of Sonics have major issues with online. While pretty much all characters suffer in some way, shape or from lag, I can certainly see Sonic being a major case due to how precise you must be with him.

So I wonder: are there any Sonics willing to get down on Wifi? Any who can handle the hindrances that come with Online?

I ask because I am very interested in fighting good ones. It seems that many Sonic players believe that he has the advantage/goes even with Ike. I find this to be ridiculous, but I'd love to see a good Sonic show me why it's true.

I hope some of you can get down. Win or lose I won't talk trash, just looking for good games :)

My aim is VersatileRTC, so get at me, and put your aim here if you can

Thanks in advance guys

-V

Umby

Smash Master
I think speculations give favor to Sonic due to Sonic being able to gimp Ike easily, as well as his speed giving Ike less room to pull off his laggier moves.

I'm only a half-decent Sonic, so no, I am not eligible for taking on your offer. Just putting in my $0.02

Tenki

Smash Hero
Try Boxob or InterimOfZeal

from the looks of it, they use wifi fairly often. I played Boxob's Sonic once and he's definitely better at Smash in general than I am.

Even though I'm pretty much this board's "Slippy" (lol data collector/move analyst), I'd volunteer to play to see the current Ike metagame, but my Wii hasn't been able to connect to the network in weeks.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
I live in Pa,one state over. I'll take you on As long as the connection is good,I might give you a run for your money.

Pm me whenever you wanna go at it.

EDIT:btw The tv I play on is the same one everyone else uses so I may not be able to do anything until late tonight.

___X___

Smash Lord
well, im up for it, i use wifi really often and am used to it with my sonic. im way better then IOZ

hahahah you can ask him XD

FrostByte

Smash Lord
I'm only on wifi a select few times because of exams going on at the moment (and I don't even know when I'll be on). I'm in the UK, but have played Umby once and the connection was pretty... alright.

You live in GA Umby? Do you know Wes?

Umby

Smash Master
I'm only on wifi a select few times because of exams going on at the moment (and I don't even know when I'll be on). I'm in the UK, but have played Umby once and the connection was pretty... alright.

You live in GA Umby? Do you know Wes?
If you mean GAWes, I know of him and thought he was in Europe or something.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Yeah, he's in UK at the moment. I heard he used to run all the tournies where he came from.
By run I don't actually mean host btw.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Hey guys, I'm from the Netherlands so if any Europe Sonics wanne give it a try, that's fine with me. I got a lan adapter now and am working on my dms settings so if your dms is correct we should be fine lag-wise.

Anyway, I think Ike should do fine against Sonic as long as he makes sure his quickdraw doesn't get gimped.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Ok then, I saw your post on the match up thread. Very well, I accept your challenge so do your best. Man I must be doing something right if every player is talking about my Sonic, I thought I would be forgotten :laugh:.

I can't do matches this week due to me going upstate for the rest of the week, but I'll be here on Monday.

Oh, I heard Wes has a good Sonic besides me so if you end up going to NY you should seek him out as well.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Is he even still around? He hasn't posted in awhile....

BT,Since you live in NewYork and I live on the North border of Pennsylvania,could I request a Sonic match with you? I haven't played a Sonic I couldn't at least stay on par with yet,and Getting an answer to a fight request seems difficult here for some reason....

I don't know when I'll be available. Just PM when you're ready to go,if you accept my request,and I'll try to make it.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Hey, so did those matches happen? >_>

I wanna know the results.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
So when are you going to fight? And have you accepted my challange? I have practiced against some Ikes and I beat them a few times. It should be a near lagless fight since we live so close together.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Ike, huh?
I accept, I've been working on getting used to the lag for a while.
Offline I'm insane as Sonic

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
To all Sonics!

Cant wait to fight guys.

My friend code is 2019-9339-5385

Add me, and for all those who said they'll fight me I'll add you !

Thanks and love to all

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
Give me a shout via PM or I'll check this thread later. If you're interested in a match. :p

Everyone is hindered online, but it's not too bad for me. Let me know when.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
I'm not what you would call good but I'm not bad. Lag doesn't seem to be much of an issue with me either unless i just don't realize it. So if you want I believe my FC is under my avatar and my sn is Kricu2813.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
I'm not that great but I'll play =) hopefully later tonght, I can record the matches too.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
try holding forward on the control stick, tenki once explained that holding forward on the control stick allows the ASC to.... replenish it's hits faster. for lack of better words.

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
SuperSonic and DaisyFan. I added yall. Supersonic do you want to play some now?

Anyone else who added my friend code let me know :)

Top Bottom