• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

QLD Smash Thread !! !! !!! !!! !! ! !

Sloth

Smash Ace
Just as start note, this is only in draft form. I'll be updating this front page regularly over the next several days in order to fine tune it in both - presentation and accuracy of information.

So please, don't distress on how hollow/simple it is in its current design. Give me a few days to sort it out, because at the moment I lack any Internet connection.

Now, the purpose of this thread is to help the evolution of the scene competitive smash scene in QLD. At the moment the original thread is heading in no direction.
Main reason for this is that the person who created it has no interest in smash anymore. Its become the barrel of pointless and fruitless spam.

This thread will be broken into several difference sections, At the moment they will need further updating:

1. Upcoming meets/tournaments
2. Biweeklies/Triweeklies
3. Smash directory - location / contacts of players near you
4. Past Results
5. QLD Brawl tournament ruleset

For anyone who is willing to host a meet, please post in this thread or PM the date/directions to get to the location.
Hopefully this way people will be aware of when meets are occurring and how to get to them.

Anyways. if you want further information and are farely new, please make a post, or feel free to PM me.

1. Upcoming meets/tournaments

Currently Vyse is organising the first major Brawl tournament for Queensland. The thread for this is currently:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=182901

2. Biweeklies/Triweeklies

At this point we have had a few biweeklies held at Djcats place. However it has become openly distressed that it is quiet a distance to travel.
As this is the case if we can just hold regular meets every two weeks at multiple places it would accomadate everyone at certain times.
So if anyone is capable of hosting, any weekend please post away. The more options available the more everyone can plan their scheledue around!

3. Smash directory - location / contacts of players near you

What I need is a way of contact - either msn/aim/etc.. or a phone number, so I can post it on the front. Or if you wish to not have anything, please say. PLEASE PM ME!

Brisbane
Sloth (Browns Plains) - brycemcd@gmail.com or 0439 388 861
Scrubs (Chapel Hill) - smithy__86@hotmail.com
Kas - ilubmyjubjub@hotmail.com
King Kong (Toowong) - or 04 38 028 096pete_from_cuba@hotmail.com
NG7 (Carina) - quiet_departure@hotmail.com
GTR (Kuraby) - greenyrex_@hotmail.com
DJCat (Browns Plains)
Ghost (Browns Plains)
Josh 2.0 (Hemmant) - madman0017@hotmail.com
Lochlan (??) -
l3oOkeR (Redcliffe) - l3oOkeR_@hotmail.com
Jizzy (Somewhere in Briz) - jizzy@live.com

Gold Coast
Ammeren (Robina) - cwoo8888@hotmail.com or 0422 360 889
Azure Rune (Monterey Keys)gamerboy_2003@hotmail.com
Seig (Habour Town) - shukingdom18@hotmail.com
Vyse (Helensvale) - vyse_niseal123@hotmail.com
Accelerate (Robina) - shukingdom18@hotmail.com
Undead Moose (The Estuary) - nicksnits@hotmail.com
Tristian (Coomera) - tristankilpatrick123@hotmail.com
Radience (Coomera) - hidden_power@hotmail.com
Djkaion (Surfers)
Pablo82 (Carrara) - marco94_645@hotmail.com

Also an idea would be to have a Gold Coast main representative. This means someone who is interested in getting the scene the rolling down there. A gold coast tournament later this year is something I want to get done.

4. Past Results
At the moment I haven't done up a list of the past results to determine a power-rankings. From the first meet in which we hosted a mini-tournament the top 4 players were:

1. Ammeren
2. Sloth
3. Accelerate
4. Scrubs

However I need to create a list like what the Melb people have! I still live without net. Go me!

5. QLD Brawl tournament ruleset
This is still in an update process. From talks with smashers from all over the country and in discussion with a few people here. I'll try and formulate a ruleset that we can all enjoy and help the process of further expanding the metagame.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Yay the new thread!!

Already useless spam from ZaK

The details for lansmash are on the lansmash website.

We need TVs and Wiis!!!

Bjay

Smash Lord
Good to see you got the thread started Bryce, despite the lack of internet connection. :)

It'll be a little difficult at first, but you'll pull through and do a great job I'm sure :D

Good luck ^_^

Ammeren

Smash Apprentice
Ok, some details
Ammeren(Chris) - University Drive, Robina, 4226, QLD
Mains : Metaknight/Pikachu
Contact me via
-Mob : 0422360889
-E-mail : cwoo8888@hotmail.com
-Smash boards PM

I'm free to host a meet at my place during the weekends or doing random afternoons. This is only limited though, because currently the place I'm staying at isn't filled, so I'm the only one there. Later people might move in.

Edit : I'm also on msn a lot, so feel free to contact me if you want a meet
Edit 2 : I have brawl

Sirias

Smash Champion
Lol, Zac, wub. <3

Wth, Ben, maining Metaknight? That's just lame. =/
At least use someone that isn't... beyond broken. c:
Like Toon Link and Diddy, kgo.

I'll just put the details here for LanSmash (easier this way, plus something to do):

When: Saturday, 24th May 2008 9am to 10pm --and-- Sunday, 25th May 2008 9am to 6pm
Where: Springwood Hotel (Springwood Rd)
Cost: $15 per gamer per day, $25 for both days.
It's pro-DotA, CS:S and TF2.

These are all the details I can list for everyone else (not including numbers because for all I know they might not want their numbers up... in case someone txts/calls them (oh no!)).

Gold Coast:

Doug:
Alias: Azure Rune
E-mail: gamerboy_2003@hotmail.com
Phone No.(s):
Mains: Wolf, Yoshi

Chris:
Alias: Ammeren
E-mail: cwoo8888@hotmail.com
Phone No.(s): 0422 360 889
Mains: Pikachu, Metaknight

Michael:
Alias: Seig
E-mail: shukingdom18@hotmail.com
Phone No.(s):
Mains:

Anthony:
Alias: Vyse
E-mail: vyse_niseal123@hotmail.com
Phone No.(s):
Mains: Falco, Dedede, Diddy

Ryan:
Alias: Accelerate
E-mail: kangaroos08@hotmail.com
Phone No.(s):
Mains: ROB

Nick:
Alias: Undead Moose
E-mail: nicksnits@hotmail.com
Phone No.(s):
Mains: Ike, Pit

Tristan:
Alias: Tris(tan)
E-mail: tristankilpatrick123@hotmail.com
Phone No.(s):
Mains:

Aaron:
Alias: Radiance
E-mail: hidden_power@hotmail.com
Phone No.(s):
Mains:

Brisbane:

Zac:
Alias: Syke
E-mail:
Phone No.(s):
Mains: Marth

Bryce:
Alias: Sloth
E-mail: brycemcd@gmail.com
Phone No.(s): 0439 388 861
Mains: Ice Climbers, Bowser(?)

Ben:
Alias: Scrubs
E-mail: smithy__86@hotmail.com
Phone No.(s):
Mains: Metaknight

Kas:
Alias: Sirias
E-mail: ilubmyjubjub@hotmail.com
Phone No.(s):
Mains: Wolf, Fox, Marth

Josh:
Alias: King Kong
E-mail: pete_from_cuba@hotmail.com
Phone No.(s):
Mains: Donkey Kong

Toai:
Alias: NG7
E-mail: quiet_departure@hotmail.com
Phone No.(s):
Mains: Fox

Andrew:
Alias: Get That Rat
E-mail: greenyrex_@hotmail.com
Phone No.(s):
Mains: Lucario

Peter (Bob):
Alias: DJ Cat
E-mail: djcat_64@hotmail.com
Phone No.(s):
Mains:

Daniel:
Alias: Ghost
E-mail:
Phone No.(s):
Mains:

Mmk well that's all I can come up with now... I dunno if you'll do it like that, but I think it looks sexier that way. You can do it however you want, though, I'm just making it easier to read. c:
I'll go get tourney results later when I can... It's sorta irritating when you're capped. =/ Sigh for slow internet...

Hmm... I 'can' host meets... but they would 'have' to be a max of 4 people. No more.

I'll try to help out more when I next can.
I'll try to make it look sexier too. c: But you (Bryce) will probably be able to do that yourself... but if you have no time or just cbf sometimes I'll just do it (or something like that).

For those who have Brawl, the ones I 'know' that have it are...
Andy, Ben, Nick, Chris, Tristan/Aaron... That's all I can think of.

That's my post for now.
c:
Updates later.

Edit:

Chris (Ammeren) just gave me results:

Ranbat 1 - 3rd
Ranbat 2 - 2nd
Rambo - 11th

Also I think that most results are up on SmashWiki. I 'think' that they have CoK results... ... ... Not really sure. Since really CoK only applies to QLDers. Who went to Rambo? No one, I thought. So yeah.

Don't know my results lol so I'll get them later.

Also do we really need info about results...?
If anything we should make their info onto a SmashWiki page and for 'further information' you should just link them to that?

Jaz

Smash Ace
I remember when i was a qldr....

there was sizzler and cold rock, movies... more sizzler and cold rock.
ah the good ol days, now slothy is starting threads as a qldr... some things change

Zac spamming... some things never change T-T

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
I remember when Smash used to be weekly. I miss Melee :(
Brisbane now has Krispy Kremes, therefore we now > Sydney.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Kas, I play TL singles and MK in teams.

Who does the best Deathnote fansub??

I watched the crappy ENG dub today on ABC2

It seems like a cool show.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Huzzah! New thread.

Yeah, i remember the days of weekly smash. I dont mind hosting some of the bi-weeklies either.

my phone number is 04 38 028 096 - call me for fun family times.

peace out

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Thanks Ammeren

It would probably be quicker for me to just D/L it tho :)

Lansmash!! Is gonna be fun.

Who is coming to we can organise tv's and wii's

Sloth

Smash Ace
Its great to see some response. Hi ZaK.
I am just at the 21min cafe atm where copy/paste doesn't work correctly, so I'll try to get to a lan centre tonight to fully update the contacts and fine tune information about lansmash.

Thanks for the details btw. I might give a few of you access to my account so you can make regular changes if need be ^^ for the time being anyways.
I'll get DJ to bring a TV. However we don't have brawl. I'd speak to him more, but as he works nightshift he is always asleep until like 6pm.

Anyone you can pick up Scrubs who has a TV? I need to find out more about DJ's plans with the Gold Coast guys, so it would be good to know which GC ppl are planning to come.

We don't need to neglect melee as well.

Oh also quick edit. Past results will only be interesting once we start hosting more stuff. Until then it is pretty much useless.

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
Kas- I was refering to against ROB matchup. Metaknight is the only one with potential. And you will lose 'badly' lul.

Doubt i can make lansmash. What time is the brawl tourney on saturday? Id have to leave around 3-4ish.

Sloth ill come to biweeklies as well.

This is can be an anti-ZAK thread. :D :D :D

madman0017

Smash Rookie
Guess I may as well come out of hiding.

I'm Josh No. 2 (Kas calls me Yoshi... I don't play as Yoshi)
Suburb: Hemmant (Brisbane for the uninitiated)
E-Mail: madman0017@hotmail.com

And what's Lansmash usually like? Overly fun? Or kinda meh?

I'd definitely like to make some money/earn mad respectz (XD) with my "Pwnsome D3"/ Snake/Wolf/Lucario.

Yeah, I mainly play Brawl, Melee was simply too fast for my fingers to keep up with (but still fun =D ).

But yeah, need peeps to play against cause Wi-Fi is kind of a ****** lagfest.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Is Lansmash this weekend?
Moose was saying something about the website advertising it for like next month or something : /

Sirias

Smash Champion
Again, Ryan, I don't care if I have a disadvantage with Wolf. If it 'really' comes to me wanting to win then I'll just play MetaKnight or someone with more 'potential'. c: Then I won't have to worry about losing. =]
Again, 'potential'. =/ Do you realise that that word can be applied to every character?
Why doesn't Pit, or Marth, or anyone else have 'potential' as well?
Like I said before, in comparison to Metaknight, every other character 'apparently' sucks, but that's only until someone finds a good way of countering him. So try not to act like you know everything.
And anyway, I won't 'lose badly'. =/ I don't suck, sorry. But I admit I'd still lose more than win, hawhaw.

And yeah, Andy's got it too, lol.
Melee was at least once a week, or at 'least' every 2 weeks.
Now it's like... not even every month, hahah. So I would imagine bi/triweeklies/monthlies would force us to meet up, which is better than not, I suppose.

Dunno when the tournament is, it doesn't say anything about Smash at all, so I'm doubting it's even gonna be there.
Like last time new people didn't even come they just played CS and crud like that. =/
LanSmash last time was 'really' meh. Didn't even feel like a tournament at all, lol.
Also, we can always bring Melee as well, but I doubt many people will play it. Of course Melee is fun and everything, but even so, it's old, used and abused. As it has been said before, Melee is the past, Brawl is the future (how corny and gay does that sound I mean really).
... Although I don't believe it really. XD I believe in Melee! FOCK BRAWL! C:

Also, Ben. I don't know how does the 'best' fansub... but I think it's licensed now (?) so if anything it might be hard to find OR you could just get it off someone. c:
It is a good anime, w00~
And oh. Metaknight in general is gay, though, but even so it doesn't really matter, lol. I'm expecting everyone to probably use Metaknight because he's so broken. =/

I'm pro Ike, Marth, Wolf, Fox, Pit, Peach, Sheik/Zelda, Zamus (not Samus)... and that's all, I think. Maybe Lucas too.
I'll try using all of them.

Edit:

LanSmash is 'this' weekend. Saturday AND Sunday.

Sloth

Smash Ace
To be honest, I am not sure about lansmash or what is going on. This is because of how close it came. I thought it was going to be around july and now BAM.
If we show up, we will basically be bring TV's and play smash at a lan venue. It would be more like a meet-up in which we have to pay $15 dollars for and have no prizes at the end.
Unless anybody else has more information?

Saturday the 7th of the June I'll try and get the start of the biweeklies off. We should be able to have a meet then at Bob's, so drill in the date. I'll post up details after lansmash.

If anyone wants to hold a meet on the 31st-1st. Just post away.

Also Chris, if you send a me a msg of when you want to host a meet in advance, I'll post it on the front page for you^^ same with anyone else. And also directions on how to get there... if provided. I still don't know QLD well xD I'll work it out in due time.

I am sure if we force each other to visit and hang-out again we will start playing more. The more things stagnate the higher the chance of it failing.

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
I'm going to bring back melee.
Brawl can come back when it gets techy, otherwise screw Brawl.

ALL IN FAVOUR SAY COKC

Ammeren

Smash Apprentice
-Sorry Bryce, yeah next time I'll give more notice. Just that I planned and did everything in one day, but yeah I'll give more notice next time.
-Also is there anyone other than me who would just rather go to a meet instead of lanfest where we don't have to pay $15 to play in a room with other games. Cuase its a bit distracting and a meet somewhere else might be more comfortable.
-And about metaknight, all you have to do is airdodge when you are a bit above him to the side to avoid his up B. Punish the lag after the tornado or stay near the edge because if he comes out of the tornado over the edge he dies. And to abuse his amazingly slow aerial movement speed -my metaknight has been ripped apart by characters from yoshi to ike

Edit: "Brawl can come back when it gets techy, otherwise screw Brawl." Go play pikachu B-sticked to the point where you don't touch the ground anymore if you want something a bit techy maybe.

Sirias

Smash Champion
COKC!

It's good to know how you think you can counter Metaknight, or any character, because I think that applies to everyone about punishing lag on a move.
If someone can read you're going to airdodge, they'll wait, then hit.
Who says that the person is going to use the Tornado.
If you stay near the edge then why should they advance towards you, lol.
Why can't they just run up to you and then attack from the ground instead of from the air.
There're too many variables to beating any sort of character. =/
I just think that Metaknight is the most broken with his ridiculous speed (of attacks). Although sure he doesn't really have a killer move but I still think that his Dsmash is pretty ridiculous, even his Usmash isn't 'all' that bad.
BUT ENOUGH ABOUT MK! HE IS GAY.

I personally would rather the meet at Tristan/Aaron's (or anyone's) to be honest.
Last time we went to LanSmash 'a few' randoms came and played... they sucked, they didn't come back.
We met James who barely plays because no one hosts a meet or anything. XD
Sure it has Brawl which is probably more appealing but I'd imagine that 'most' of the people there would be too engrossed in their games of CS:S, TF2 and DotA.

Why Saturday 7th?
I don't know about holding a 'big' meet on the 31st/1st... but I can still hold one (if by 31st/1st you mean May 31st/June 1st). c:

Scrubs

Smash Lord
If we go to Lansmash we have to decide which day Sat or Sun?

It doesn't take 2 days to have a Brawl tourney...

Or we could have 1 melee 1 brawl...

There are prizes!

madman0017

Smash Rookie
Can we have the Brawl tourney on Saturday (got work on Sunday D= )

Also, has everyone Registered?

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
beach brawl @ mine in surfers
fri 5pm - late
sat 1pm - 8pm
small apartment so places limited, u'll all prob be @ lansmash anyway
4 those who r keen, PM me 4 details

Scrubs

Smash Lord
I don't get what all this MK broken talk is about...

He is good but he isn't broken...

He is light and if his opponent can DI well its hard to kill under 150%

Sirias

Smash Champion
Yeah. c:
MK is just gay, is all. <3
That's what he has potential of, being the gayest.

Gogo. Everyone wants to host a meet this weekend which is weird.
Let's go to all the meets instead of LanSmash.
More fun for the whole homosexual family. <33

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
according to American tourney results, snake is broken, not mk <3
and yeah, mk ain't broken, he is just lame to play
also chris is too good D:<

Sirias

Smash Champion
Yeah that's what I saw too. Snake was broken, but how? o:
Shaddap Andy, no spam plox.
At least not in the first week.
THEN SPAM ALL YOU WANT. LULULU.

So does anyone knows what's happening...?
LanSmash or meet?
And who's meet?
Who's going to host? o:
Orrr!!!
We GO to LanSmash... AND PLAY OUTSIDE!
Yeah... sounds good.
Except I don't know where we'd find any powerpoints lulu.

Harvey Birdman is so ********. <3

I haven't been following the Ruleset. Is there any major difference to anything?
And wouldn't they be on the front page? o:
Or do we have to read through the like 500 posts, lol. :C

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Sloth here. Me and NG7 are chillin and shiz at ZaKs house. so we decided to talk about stages, this is what we got. Any thoughts?

Neutral:
Battlefield
Yoshi Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Final Dest
Poke Melee

CounterPick
Castle Seige
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Jungle Japes
Battleship Halberd
Rainbow Ride
Brinstar
Distant Planet
Delfino Plaza
Onett
Green Greens

Banned:
THE REST and Green Hills Zone.

ZaC just wanted Green Hills Zone for Sonic music alone. But meh. I'm also sure I am missing some stages as quickly typed it.

I'm have no idea whats happening with Lansmash. The guys who run it aren't responding to any of NG7's mails. So we should hold a meet instead and save our $15 dollars for food and shiz.
I'm busy Saturday night anyways.

EDIT:
Dedede rule no longer applies btw

Ammeren

Smash Apprentice
Ok, well since Sat is approaching we better decide quickly what's gonna happen
So far we have Chris' place as a possible meet that seems open to everyone.
If there is too many people for his place to handle then I'm happy to host something as well which is open to people from Brisbane and the GC.
So can people reply to say whether they are going to a meet in GC, Brisbane or lansmash?

Sirias

Smash Champion
There are 2 Chris pom-poms.
I shall call the first Chris I saw Kaion/Chris (djkaion), and the second one (Ammeren) Woo/Ammy, seeing as that's in his e-mail (and I'm guessing surname). c:
ANYWAY.

I say host a meet.
Depending on how many people go... I 'don't' think we'd need to make 2 meets simultaneously.
Who would be going, though?
I wouldn't mind. c:
Got Kaion, Woo, Anthony, Me, Ben, Yoshi (dunno)...
And that's all I can see so far.
Bryce is busy, Toai, Andy, Zac... etc I don't know. XD
OH WELL.
So so far there are 6, maybe. c:

Top Bottom