• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Compilation of WoI tricks (Videos)

kupo15

Smash Hero
I know these last couple weeks I have been bringing up a lot of WoI stuff because I think there is some mysterious power behind it and a lot of metagame potential. I have compiled all of the WoI tricks (Not AT's) I have found to share.

Compliation video includes:
1. Footstool Gliding
2. Footstool Canceling
3. Double Footstool
4. Footstool>Bair combo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4lLT6VHXtI&fmt=18

Aerial Foxtrot

While I was practicing my Wingdashing, I came across this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UgFALpTsq4&fmt=18

What I noticed is that if you smash the joystick in a direction after the startup of WoI, Pit gets tremendous velocity boost. Add this with any aerial and you get something that looks like an "Aerial Foxtrot"
You can pull of multiple "Aerial Foxtrots" in a row with little lag in between. And the object would be to use WoI as close to the ground as possible to get wing refresh.
Possible applications:
1. Surprising an approaching enemy with a huge momentum gain with an aerial
2. Following up an attack with a fast aerial rush
3. Quick movement to gimp a recovering opponent with the added bonus of having all of your jumps to apply pressure.

This may not have uses but I thought it would be a good idea to share anyway. This reminds me of Pika's Quick attack cancel (QAC) seeing Pika zoom everywhere.
It also reminds me of Falco's short hop lazer, Capt Falcon's long jump tactic and SHFFLing, kinda.

But, this can be as popular as the craqwalk.

kupo15

Smash Hero
And also, a short hop doesn't give you any speed boost either. The Mindgame part would be you running at them, using WoI to stop your momentum, then you have a sudden boost of momentum. It could mess up your opponent's spacing but idk.
I'm going to try one more thing and post another video up soon of how this might be useful, I'm not saying it is, I'm not saying it isn't.
As I said, it could end up being as popular as the craqwalk or something, I just wanted to share.

kupo15

Smash Hero
keep up your intresting/good finds and i also believe there is soemthing special to WoI.
Thanks! Even though this isn't really big, I think it is good for something. I was able to use it once today in a match. It was pretty cool.

kown

Smash Lord
yea kupo ive seen you on the boards alot. i guess i should introduce myself.

hi im kown and i play pit. lol

kupo15

Smash Hero
Hi i'm Kupo and I play Pit also! Too bad we live far away because it seems that no one lives close to me! Do you have any videos online? I guess we better PM since this is off topic. haha

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Lol when i saw your name and came in here I thought it was some amazing new discovery (like wingdashing) but this is good to but kind of a let down but still good thing Lol

kupo15

Smash Hero
lol sorry, I don't know if I can top wingdashing as far as the WoI techs. I think this has some uses but nothing you want to abuse or uses alot. And I think that wingdashing should top priority over this and as far as the WoI techs go.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Just want to make sure this isn't faster then jumping right?

Still interesting you could use it to get past a projectile for a quick aerial.

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
only if footstooling poeple were as easy =/.

p.s LOL at the korean in your sig.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
lol? my stupid gc controller is messed up its pulling up or down so if i press b i do mirror shield or woi

kupo15

Smash Hero
Cool I wish I were korean. Being white, I get weird looks when I speak lol buts its cool.

Kotah: Try reseting your controller by replugging. You may have had the joystick tilted when it was turned on.

Apollo317

Smash Cadet
Hey, I'm new to smashboards. Anyway, I found out a cool WoI trick the other day and I hope it isn't common knowledge but I thought I might mention it here. So you know how unlike melee, you can use jump to get up from the ledge and do an air or special move right away? Well if you interrupt your jump with WoI, and then cancel it the effect is pretty nice. It's faster then dropping- mid-air jump- wingdash, and it is much faster then scraping.

kupo15

Smash Hero
If you mean like a ledge hop wavedash then unfortunately it has been discussed already. Thanks for sharing though :)

Apollo317

Smash Cadet
Okay, I may be confused, is a ledge hop when you drop from the ledge by tilting down followed by an immediate jump, or is it just pressing the jump button while your hanging on to the ledge? Because if it's the former, it's not what I'm talking about. I mean pressing jump while you are hanging on (not letting go first) to the ledge and then doing WoI right after you flip up, it should stop you from rising. The reason I say this is because I was under the impression that you could't do this in melee. Sorry if I'm wrong again.

kupo15

Smash Hero
right, I was confused. Yea I ment to say that pressing Jump from the ledge followed by WoI has been known. I mistake. Sorry but keep thinking! :)

Top Bottom