• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Up+B Lag

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Well, I've always wondered why I'd sometimes randomly have a TON of landing lag when all I did was fall normally. So the other night Shaeden figured it out - if you do an Up+B, the next time you land normally, you will have the Up+B landing lag. This means, if you Up+B to grab a ledge, ledgejump and land, you will have the full Up+B landing lag.

This also applies if you Up+B, get hit while you're still falling, and then land normally.

If you get hit out of your Up+B and hit the ground (no tech), you will have the Up+B lag upon jumping and landing normally.

Airdodging will NOT get rid of this landing lag.

You will have about half as much lag by ledgehopping (dropping from the ledge then double jumping onto the stage).

You can prevent this landing lag by doing an aerial and landing with it, which will instead give you the landing lag of that aerial. Since Marth's fair and uair are pretty quick, this is probably one of the better options available.

You can also prevent it by ledgejumping onto a side platform on Battlefield. I'm not exactly sure why this one works, but it may have something to do with the ledgejump animation.

You can also prevent it by getting up, attacking, or rolling onto the stage from the ledge. Apparently this resets the flag that you've landed. :p (EDIT: Actually, it might not. I'm not sure. You might get the landing lag the next time you jump and land normally.)

Just thought I'd share, since I didn't see anything in the Marth boards about this already.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
An excellent find, thank you for point that out, I wonder if the same thing happens for any of the other specials or aerials (e.x. dair to double jump to edgegrab, to ledge jump.)

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Is this only for marth? It seems rather odd to only be for marth, but I suppose it's possible.
And I'll test out what you said later TKD, though I don't think it does since normal aerials/specials have a landing lag only if you use them while landing(as opposed to dolphin slash which has the landing lag no matter when you use it).

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
^ True very good point. Dair would be the semi-exception, it has a good lag continued after the attack, but it can go away before the landing.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You need to at some point be standing on the ground in order to negate the Up+B landing lag. Aerials, B moves, whatever can overwrite this landing lag. Ledgestalling cannot.

Top Bottom