• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OWNTU & Noob Testament Present: 4xT

XoFF

Smash Journeyman
This will be one of the most unique tournaments for SSBB guaranteed, and to make it more clear you can think of this as a crew battle tournament.

For starters, 4xT comes from.. "Top Tier Team Tournament" hence the name of the tourney.

=======================================================
OTRU SPEAKS:

So you guys will have to be here at 11 am to register, which will be done at my apartment and then once thats done we will move at noon to the theater room.

sorry for the unexpected date change, nothing I could do about it... I hope everyone can still make it.

If you have any questions u can call me at 321 2798582 or IM me at livinitup04 09
======================================================

Otru and I talked about this for a long time and came up with a scenario that plays out like this:

Crew captains sign up their teams to play in a crew battle tournament so to speak.
Each team(crew) consists of 5-8 players. (5 starters & 3 alternates)
Just remember your splitting the pot between everyone that comes in your team if you win.
Crews ARE allowed to split up their crew into separate teams. Each team still pays $50.00.
(ie: Noob testament making 2 teams rather than 1 big one)
This is continued later...

Where?

At Noob Testament headquarters lol. Otru's, Skrach's, and Sheer's apartment complex. Otru claims that his complex has a theatre room big enough to hold this tournament. However, if it gets too big we might have Gigabits host this instead.

When?

June 29, 2008
The last Sunday of June
We start sign ups at 11:00am!
We start the "4xT" at 12:00pm!

Who?

That's what we want to know. Sign up your team on this thread with a minimum of 5 players. and a maximum of 8. We need to know who all is coming for a pre-registration list.

Price?

EACH team has to come up with $50.00 to earn a spot on the brackets.
(With a 5 person team, you each pay $10.00; with a 8 person team, you each pay $6.25)

Pot?

1st place takes it ALL, and splits it up between their members.

***RULES***

(Gigabits Scenario)

Double Elimination

15 Stock (3 per person)

8:00 time limit per match

Crew captains sign up their teams to play in a crew battle tournament.
Each team(crew) consists of 5-8 players. (5 starters & 3 alternates)
The captain is one of the 5 starters.
Just remember your splitting the pot between everyone that comes in your team if you win.
Crews are allowed to split up their crew into separate teams. Each team still pays $50.00.
(ie: Noob testament making 2 teams rather than 1 big one)

Playing a Match:

At the beginning of the match, each captain will give the tournament host a list that says who will start the match, and what character each person is going to use throughout the match.

Each player on each team writes down the ONLY character they will use during the matches. (The only way a person gets to change characters is if they are stage counterpicked)

The first matches will be played on a neutral random stage.

Once the first match is played, the losing team then picks someone to play against the winner. If the losing team counter picks with a stage, then the winner can change his character. Otherwise, he must remain the same character that he won the previous match with. The winner also ALWAYS starts the next match with the same number of stocks that they had when they won the previous match.

First team to have 5 players lose, loses the match.

EXAMPLE OF A MATCH:

Otru beats Xoff with 1 stock left in the first match and has 300% damage. He starts his next match with 1 stock and 0% damage.

Broke is CHOSEN from our crew as a counter pick to Otru. Broke starts with 3 stocks, and Otru starts with 1.
*IF Broke decided to counter pick with a stage as well, then Otru has the right to change his character. Otherwise, he stays the same character that he won with.

Etc..

The winner of this tourney claims the title as the "Top Tier Crew" of Florida. Hopefully we can keep the tournament reoccurring every 6 months or so to keep the competition up between crews for fun and bragging rights.

If you want to sign up just post with your crew name, and members, or at least your crew name and edit in crew members later.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

::pRE-REGISTRATION LIST::

:::Owntu:::
XoFF
G$ (Captain)
C-PO
Broke
SD
Gahtzu

:::Noob Testament:::
Otru
Skrach8
Dop
Rx
XYZ (Captain)
Sheer
Colbol
Queen???

:::Melbourne Crew:::
Angry Lobster
DGUY
Jamil
Vijin
RFX

:::Wato:::
H1roshi (Captain)
Vericz
Zoro
Marin
Kyon
AT&T
Hungrybox

:::panhandle Manhandlers:::
Mankosuki
Rice???
Ram???
Drumma_Boi???
Boomstick???

:::New Kids On The Block:::
GamedragonX (Captain)
Laijin
Fearless
Loto
Force

:::GSM:::
Abe (Captain)
Raef
Pink
Nero
Abscent

:::*********:::
HRNUT (Captain)
Walnut
Almond
Peanut
Chestnut
Corn nut
Cashew
Pecan

:::Team FIU:::
Seibrik(Captain)
Galeon
Chaz
Danny
Tommy G
BoneSaw
8-Bit
Ruuku

:::Blockstunners:::
Icekid
Afro Thundah
Equi
Projekt84
Mystic
SabinX
Ryan Sparks
Linguini?

XoFF

Smash Journeyman
"This will be one of the most unique tournaments for SSBB guaranteed, and to make it more clear you can think of this as a crew battle tournament."

geez colin :p

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
o truuu?

Where's
WATO

Nexus
fiu
culadar
boosely bunch
melbourne
goonies
cake eaters
Blockstunnas
bcc
At????

Where u at

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
This sounds awesome. Great idea for a tourney, seriously.

I'll talk to the other melbourne guys about goin

Vijin

Smash Ace
This sounds like the ish, and there's a lot of time to ask off and make sure your whole crew can go.
I'm sure Melbourne along with Boosleys crew will be there.

XoFF

Smash Journeyman
sounds like so far we have:

owntu
noob testament
melbourne crew
wato

maybe boosely? chops? dragonx?
trying to plan in advance in case we need to talk to gigs about it

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
can we have actual teams as well? Crews only will end really quickly.

It'd be sweet if I could get back with Panhandle Manhandlers for this. I'm going there this weekend, so I'll talk to them about it when I see them.

btw, props to Jacksonville's new smash scene. There was next to nothing while I was there. Shoutout to Gahtzu.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I meant teams as in doubles. a standard 2v2 tourney along side the crew battles tourney.

Screw singles though. :)

Kou1030

Smash Cadet
any of the UF people gonna hit this one up? if not, ill rep the south!

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
its me and him only nah we want someone we know maybe not some random scrub
Well if siggity sighrax and myself goes, we can team up perhaps. Kind of in the distant unknown future, so i have no idea if i can even definitely go. We'll see, we'll see.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
im sure there will be if we have extra setups, but remember were doing this at the theater room of pegasus connection which isnt super big, so people entering the tourney have priority.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Panhandler Manhandlers are: Me, Rice, RAM, Drumma_Boi, and Boomstick.

put a ? on it though cause I haven't talked to them about it yet. The Panhandle's really far...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
you can put me down as coming with a crew. We just have to decide a name and finalize members, but we'll be there in some way, shape, or form!

Do you want me to edit this post or make a new one when everything is settled?

Laijin

Smash Hero
There should be a singles tournament for people who don't have a crew. :\
Otherwise I wont really care at all for coming to this since nobody really wants me in their crew(for lack of playing almost anyone in FL). lol.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
There should be a singles tournament for people who don't have a crew. :\
Otherwise I wont really care at all for coming to this since nobody really wants me in their crew(for lack of playing almost anyone in FL). lol.
who do you play as?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Theres no way any more than 3/4 crews is going to fit at our apartment. Better do it at gigs.

Top Bottom