• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What the other Boards think of Ike!

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Based on a suggestion from my matchup thread, I am centralizing the threads that I started in the other character boards concerning how they react to Ike. You can go to them and see what they think easily, based on character. Note, some have not been replied to yet. =(

Bowser

Captain Falcon

Diddy Kong

Donkey Kong

Falco

Fox

Game & Watch

Ganon

Ice Climbers

Jigglypuff

King Dedede

Kirby

Link

Lucario

Lucas

Luigi

Mario

Marth

Metaknight

Ness

Peach

Pikachu

Pikmin and Olimar

Pit

Pokemon Trainer

ROB

Samus

Sheik

Snake

Sonic

Toon Link

Wario

Wolf

Yoshi

Zelda

Zero Suit Samus

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I replied though ;D
Cool thing you're doing, Trebor-Nella. I hope our feedback helps you with your guide/whatever you play to do with this information. I wish the G&W community was a little more active!

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
I can handle non-actvity, I just don't like the deuchebags who are all
"Don't put this in every board! You're annoying!" etc.
I need to get the info somewhere, where better than the character specific forums? Crazy people. At least most of the boards are helpful. ^^

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Yeah, even though I personally don't like Ike, I dislike even more the fact that people are making short posts claiming that Ike is a bad character and that you shouldn't of posted those threads. If they really have a problem with your topic, they could just boycott it and not post in it.

And most of them seem to be drawing their opinion that Ike can be easily beat by so-and-so because of fighting a random Ike on With Anyone. Anyone who notes that Ike can be potentially devastating has the right idea, in my opinion. Those just saying how their main beats Ike hands down should be taken with a grain of salt.

But good job with this. I might emulate this in the future; and give credit to you for the idea :p
But it depends on how helpful this turns out in the end.

Wolt

Smash Journeyman
Hey Trebor, I think you forgot one, how does Ike deal with Ike? This is good stuff, I think we'll be needing info like this soon, good thinking.

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
The amount of good Ike players is small compared to characters like Wolf, Pikachu, Luigi, Pit, etc.

They're mostly going to make their judgements off mediocre Ikes they've played.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
The amount of good Ike players is small compared to characters like Wolf, Pikachu, Luigi, Pit, etc.

They're mostly going to make their judgements off mediocre Ikes they've played.
Actually, my judgement is that Ike cannot compete with top tier characters. And I play Kirk, a good Ike. Kirk agrees.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Actually, my judgement is that Ike cannot compete with top tier characters. And I play Kirk, a good Ike. Kirk agrees.
That's right everyone listen to Kirk... Well that's how it usually goes but this is probably one of those times where I just can't agree to him.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
isnt sonic supposed to be ikes easiest match up according to your other thread and they all seem to think he is one of sonics easiest match ups. also whats with one guy saying nair is the only fast move to trick him and bair doesn't trouble him? im not sure if im a nub or they just dont fight good ikes and know little of him

Kirk

Smash Champion
Kirk is a good Ike, but that doesn't mean everything he says about Ike is the law.
Lol everything I say IS LAW!!!

Seriously though, it's all my opinion.

Basically, it's a fact that there are better characters than Ike. It's just how it is. But there is also the factor of player skill. Player skill > character selection almost all of the time in my opinion. A skilled Ike can overcome the challenges if he is skilled enough.

It's just my opinion, in a tournament setting, Ike as a character will be at a disadvantage to, let's just say Snake and Metaknight for example, who are unanimously considered among the best characters in Brawl. But again, player skill > character selection.

That's my two cents.

Also, nice idea Trebor...I hope you get a lot of informative replies :D

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
oooh a snake.

I wanna play you. Perhaps I can change your opinion a bit ^_^

do you have aim?
I dont think that you could a good ike player against a good marth player will always end up the same (with marth as the winner). I do have aim and I will face you and show you that even low tier characters (such as capton falcon) can beat ike (yes I know that I am bashing on ike but so far I havent faced any impressive ones I actually hope that you can beat me so that way I know that all characters dont suck).

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
I can handle non-actvity, I just don't like the deuchebags who are all
"Don't put this in every board! You're annoying!" etc.
I need to get the info somewhere, where better than the character specific forums? Crazy people. At least most of the boards are helpful. ^^
sorry for being a douchebag. </3 you broke it.

I felt it was rather impersonal of you to ask everyone 5 questions and then just wait for everyone to go chomping on the bait. (I wish I had thought of it myself personally)

I am sorry for being rude but because of this I think that other boards won't be able to do the same, because it's kinda like a telemarketer. You get asked a few questions and then someone else calls and you repeat until frustrated. Sorry if my point seems biased but its a point.

Again
You made Olimar sad </3

AlexX

Smash Ace
But didn't the Olimar boards do sort of the same thing? =/

Actually, that topic was precisely what got me to think about doing this, but I guess I was too slow... Heh.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
But didn't the Olimar boards do sort of the same thing? =/

Actually, that topic was precisely what got me to think about doing this, but I guess I was too slow... Heh.
If you are hinting toward the build a counter pick section, then no.
We did not ask people for information. We posted links to what they had listed as ways to counter Olimar. That way we stay on top of discussions and still see what people try to do against Olimar.

That's the difference, we didn't post threads about Olimar in other threads. We posted links to their threads in our, quoting them word for word.

EDIT:
That's what you should do for his thread to be even more effective then ours, just post the thread links in this thread under the respective character's name and to find out what everyone thinks about the said character follow it.

It's so deliciously evil, I surprised and Ike player thought of it instead of and Olimar, touche.

I also have not played any GOOD Ikes. So I can not comply with your overwhelming thread.
All those I've faced have died rather sadly, with Olimar around 180%, my record against an Ike was 245% and this is Final Destination.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
well it seems most people think like that because even the ones that are supposed to be at a disadvantage against ike think he is an easy win but as i started looking more at them i noticed alot more boards rnt helping pokemon trainer didnt even reply once and its already have way to page 2

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Yeah I waited for people to make their own topics, since there was literally one in 3/4 of the boards.

Don't worry about the trolls.

Top Bottom