• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Blockbuster Brawl 4/27 Results

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
1: Wobbles (Meta Knight)
2: KirbyKid (Kirby, Pit, Meta Knight, Pokemon Trainer)
3: Alex Lopez (Wolf/Meta Knight)
4: Miss Louie (Pikachu/Olimar)
5: Tyler Campbell
5: Infinity (Meta Knight)
7: Jeremy Thomas
7: bwett1 (Ike)
9: Cody Newill
9: Juan Valdez
9: Slacker
9: Capote
13: Jeremy Gaskey
13: Aznsoal
13: Tim Scalzo
13: John Overton
17: Brodie Coleson
17: Sarah Moore
17: Chris Delp
17: Jacob Cantu
17: Eric Chavez
17: Adam Maddox
17: Nick Ibanez
17: FMatt aka Crono aka samusedaway
25: Sam Monge
25: Austin Stueck
25: Joey Ulfsrud
25: Byaaaaah
25: Colton Kancel
25: Marcus Terrell
25: Hunter Morris
25: Calleb Paris
33: Ahmad Price
33: Michael Gross
33: Will Ishii
33: Lance Dewbre
33: Billy Pore
33: Devin Fitch
33: Huy Nguyen
33: Trevor Swain
33: George Ishii
33: Joe Cantu
33: Jay Coleman
33: Alexander Ditzig
33: Alex Everett
33: Jake Snider
33: Thao Nguyen
33: Mark Bagazinski
49: Joey Bagazinski
49: Caleb McRoberts
49: Camryn Price
49: Katlyn Bingheim
49: Keelan Cassidy
49: Robbie Snider
49: Kevin Reagle
49: Rachel Ditzig
49: Nikolaas Ibanez
49: Logan McRoberts
49: Cody Chatman
49: Tristen West
49: Sean Cassidy
49: Blake Luke
49: Derek Titterington
49: Jase Ditzig
65: James Demery
65: Ryan Lair
65: Tyler Godfrey
65: Lizi Seagraves
65: Preston Green
65: Jessie Goodin
65: Maddie Gross
65: Michael Redriguez
65: Priscilla Swain
65: Aubrey Bingheim
65: Sophie Gross
65: Kaylie Goodin

I added the names I knew (namely top 2 and FMatt). If anyone else wants their sn instead of their name in the results just say so in the topic and I'll add it in. Also tell me what character you used and I'll edit that in too.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
As long as I'm in top 10, I'm fine. Especially out of 65. :)

Kirbykid: OHHH MY GODDD I SWEAR if I had not suicided that first round. . . man the tourney would've been completely different. I'm positive I would've won that first match, lost the second, counterpicked Shadow Moses and moved on. But aagghh stupid ledge. /johns. Goooood **** though, Kirbykid. gg<3

bwett: It seems my ROB isn't good enough. . . oh well screw him, time to go practice IC chaingrabs even more. Anyyywaaaaaaaays, upload that vid SON! That whole match is gonna be my first combo video cause that's what it was, an IC combo video. lololol ****ing yoshi

Jeremy: man it sucks I had to leave after our Jiggs vs Mario match. I randomly decided to pick Jiggs and I won somehow. Too bad her rest sucks now. you're hilarious as hell btw lol.

Zany & co.: Popo! Nana! Popo! Nana! That's how it was and that's how it should be. Why MK? That was so random, lol. I usually tend to stick to full ICs because it's great CG practice for me, especially bthrow and dthrow CGs. Anyways man keep up the good fthrow cg; it's the only one I can't do out of all like 3405734587348 billion. Thanks for the compliment (at least I think it was you lol). And to your snake/olimar friend whose name I have forgotten: ****ing luigi's mansion should be snake's new counterpick. I totally DID not see that last mine that killed me. It was pretty amazing that you were able to keep track of it that long and kill me with it. tooo gooo, just like snake.

Infinity: LOOOL man, it was so awkward when you just yelled "WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUCK?!" hahaha all the moms got scared and took their daughters away from the stations rofl.

Wobbles: rofl omg you looked like a happy pedophile in the top 4 picture oh man I was laughing so hard. they were like your own little fan club lolololol. btw, my friend (capote) is obsessed with the fact he beat you in SD. Although it didn't count, he lives in his own little world in which he beat you lol. now go back to school so I can win tourneys :(

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know what characters the top 8 played?
1. Meta Knight
2. Kirby
3. Wolf/Meta Knight
4. Pikachu/Olimar
5. Snake?
6. Meta Knight
7. I'm not sure. . . Pokemon Trainer/Mario? Jeremy plays weird *** characters lol
8. Ike

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
I played Kirby, with some Pokemon Trainer, Pit, and Meta Knight on the side.

It feels like I say the same thing after every tournament....

"It went too long. It was lots of fun. Metaknight is over powered.

Oh I have a new one. Snake. Snake. Snaaaaaaaaake."

I hope everyone adds me to their wii so we can play online.

Keep fighting everyone.

Get more characters...especially Meta players.... that's because he's going to be banned. Fear the ban.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good job and congrats Wobbles!!!

You're so good you can't win a tournament without people wanting to ban whatever you did to win it. No johns.

Noobits

Smash Rookie
Fun tourney, I'm determined to get better. Also Slacker I hate you for doing that infinite ice thing on me :(.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Ugh, I like shoutouts but I hate doing shoutouts posts. Suffice it to say, I had a lot of fun, some really hard matches, and I can't wait for the next one. Peace.

AnimalTaglits

Smash Cadet
There were some really exciting matches at this tourney. Especially the Infinity (Metaknight) vs. Marcus (King Dedede) stuff. I love when it comes down to the line like that, it makes the game 10x more fun.

Overall, I thought the tournament was fantastic. They gave us pizza!

Zanyruki

Smash Rookie
Curse you Slacker! You kept me out of top ten. Heh, I had to switch to someone else, because you just completely outplayed me as IC's. I think grabbing is more a part of my IC game than yours, so I lost that part, while you can play extreamely well without throwing, as seen when you get kills with a solo Popo. And earlier in the tournament, I had trouble against a MK, and I had planned on maining him before I discovered IC's, so I thought if I had any chance at winning, it'd be with MK. Though, I need to go after Nana more, but I don't have much experience against IC's. Though, you're now my unofficial rival. Also, my friend's name was Tyler. Also, Miss Louie is crazy, and I hate effing pikachu and his no-lag moves. Makes is hard to grab him.

bwett, you need to use your secret weapon more.

Best match I had was against KirbyKid's brother, Mark. I was ahead and we both had 1 life left, and he Dededecides us and it goes to sudden death. He throws a Waddle Dee, which hits Popo and sends him flying up. He's celebrating while I'm disapointed, but Nana walks over to Dedede and smashes him, sending him off the stage, however, I died first at the top right as he hit the side. It was so intense.

also, #13 Tim Scalzo is Zanyruki (IC)

jsgross

Smash Rookie
I wanted to thank everyone who came out to this tournament. I know most of you weren't happy with the method of entry so it is great that we had so many participants in spite of that.

Blocbuster appears to be happy with the results. I think there is a very good chance that they will do more tournaments. I will let you guys know as soon as I know something for sure.

Thanks to those that filled out the survey. I will keep your comments in mind if we move forward and try to improve the tournaments. The Blockbuster Brawl was a trial that had no budget so Blockbuster's backing should let us improve the tournaments greatly (chairs, enough controllers, etc).

Congratulations to all the winners. We had some really great matches.

Dr Drew - 5: Jeremy Gaskey should be 5: Tyler Campbell. TIO messed up when we tried to switch Jeremy and Tyler to avoid double jeopardy.

Imp

Smash Apprentice
5: Jeremy Gaskey should be 5: Tyler Campbell. TIO messed up when we tried to switch Jeremy and Tyler to avoid double jeopardy.
Yeah, I was like... how'd I manage to get #5 and #13?

It was fun and I look forward to future ones.

Magus~*JON*~

Smash Rookie
Yeah that tournament was the first brawl tournament that ive participated in and im really glad i got 13th place ^^... it was encridible
^^ Magus out

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
Curse you Slacker! You kept me out of top ten. Heh, I had to switch to someone else, because you just completely outplayed me as IC's. I think grabbing is more a part of my IC game than yours, so I lost that part, while you can play extreamely well without throwing, as seen when you get kills with a solo Popo. And earlier in the tournament, I had trouble against a MK, and I had planned on maining him before I discovered IC's, so I thought if I had any chance at winning, it'd be with MK. Though, I need to go after Nana more, but I don't have much experience against IC's. Though, you're now my unofficial rival. Also, my friend's name was Tyler. Also, Miss Louie is crazy, and I hate effing pikachu and his no-lag moves. Makes is hard to grab him.
Unofficial rival?! I don't know if that's a good thing, or a bad thing. And yeah, Infinity says the same thing: "Popo mode!" aka Don't need that *****! I look forward to playing you some more. :)

Zanyruki

Smash Rookie
Um, its a good thing for me, it gives me a goal for the next tournament we're both at. To place better than you! Yeah, I've got a lot to learn, like to be able to do more than 20 damage with Popo, and I need to spot dodge more. Also, my friend (Tyler) has a lot of experience fighting IC's, but he switched from Olimar to Olimar/Snake, and I still haven't gotten used to Snake yet. I can't wait to play like, half the people again: You, bwett, and Miss Louie; also I never got to play Infiniti or Kirby Kid. =/ Though, I doubt I'd have time (or money, just quit my job) to go to another tourney til June-ish. Also, I need to give you my friend code.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
Um, its a good thing for me, it gives me a goal for the next tournament we're both at. To place better than you! Yeah, I've got a lot to learn, like to be able to do more than 20 damage with Popo, and I need to spot dodge more. Also, my friend (Tyler) has a lot of experience fighting IC's, but he switched from Olimar to Olimar/Snake, and I still haven't gotten used to Snake yet. I can't wait to play like, half the people again: You, bwett, and Miss Louie; also I never got to play Infiniti or Kirby Kid. =/ Though, I doubt I'd have time (or money, just quit my job) to go to another tourney til June-ish. Also, I need to give you my friend code.
Just post your friend code in the Dallas topic and hopefully bule-zap will add you to the front page. I'll add you once I get it. By the way, how early did you get there? I'm not sure if you saw what I did to Noobits. **** was amazing!! </ego>

Zanyruki

Smash Rookie
Man, I got there at like, 1:15 cause I went to the wrong blockbuster. What town has two blockbusters?
Anways, what'd you do to him? Man, I had sloppy combos at the tourney. I messed up a grab finisher against the third place guy that cost me the match. He had one stock left, about 150% with MK, I d-smashed once, f-threw and was going to have Nana dash to u-smash to finish, but I was so used to slowly tilting to throw forward for CG, that she (technically he, since Popo is the CPU with Black and White) didn't dash and I missed the smash.
Also, I think you mean Blue-Zaft?

The Shade

Smash Rookie
I'm Tyler Campbell (5th place). I guess our group gets to slightly be known. Zanyruki (above this post) is Tim (15th place) and the other player we came with was Colton Kancel (25th)

I play Pikmin/Olimar and Snake.

That was a fun tournament. Only got to play one of the top 4, Miss Louie, who beat me *twice* in the tournament knocking me out of both the winners and losers brackets...I lost to no one else (in real or fun games) the entire time there except him!

That was lots of fun. I even got to beat slacker's crazy ice climbers, bwett1's "secret weapon" Ike, and Jeremy, the person my name was somehow replaced with...

Definitly planning to go to the next local tourney. I will beat you Miss Louie!

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
Man, I got there at like, 1:15 cause I went to the wrong blockbuster. What town has two blockbusters?
Anways, what'd you do to him? Man, I had sloppy combos at the tourney. I messed up a grab finisher against the third place guy that cost me the match. He had one stock left, about 150% with MK, I d-smashed once, f-threw and was going to have Nana dash to u-smash to finish, but I was so used to slowly tilting to throw forward for CG, that she (technically he, since Popo is the CPU with Black and White) didn't dash and I missed the smash.
Also, I think you mean Blue-Zaft?
Yeah, bluezaft. But I call him bule-zap cause it's sort of an inside joke between the Dallas kidz.

You'll see what I did to him, hopefully once bwett uploads the video. It's not THAT epic, I'm just happy that I finally will get some vids of my ICs up.

And @ Tyler: the fact that you feel so proud in beating my ICs makes me happy. I feel like a pro.

Zanyruki

Smash Rookie
Yeah, bluezaft. But I call him bule-zap cause it's sort of an inside joke between the Dallas kidz.

You'll see what I did to him, hopefully once bwett uploads the video. It's not THAT epic, I'm just happy that I finally will get some vids of my ICs up.

And @ Tyler: the fact that you feel so proud in beating my ICs makes me happy. I feel like a pro.
I thought it might've been an inside joke. Also, you're probably the most pro IC in Dallas.

Imp

Smash Apprentice
Who was miss louie? Was it the lady that was short and red hair? There was only like 3 actual players that were girls that were there.

That was lots of fun. I even got to beat slacker's crazy ice climbers, bwett1's "secret weapon" Ike, and Jeremy, the person my name was somehow replaced with...
Yeah, you pretty much anal'd my diddy. I had no clue how to play a good olimar.

Imp

Smash Apprentice
HAHA Miss Louie was my friend, who was a guy. His name was a mindgame.
Oh, I guess.. 'Miss Louie' doesn't come off as a dude though, lol. He was the rather tallish fellow, right?

I'm guessing so, since he had a rather nice match vs bwett.

Aznsoal

Smash Rookie
hey ummm could someone update the 13th place name Frank Sourivong with this SN?

Also, I'm new to smashboards and I can't find teh dallas thread where is it?

Top Bottom