• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIF Presents yoUR Brawl: Rochester, NY April, 26th results

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Well attendance was insanely low, surprisingly. Gez WNY, why do you guys always have to be in hiding? Hahahaha Anyway, it was a great tournament and some of the best matches I've seen were there, lots of them were recorded and should be uploaded to youtube.

Singles Bracket:
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/6761/singles2ue9.gif
Singles Results:
1 Kirk (Snake/Various Others)
2 Pika Pika (Pikachu)
3 Silverspawn (Metaknight/Various Others)
4 N.OW (Ness)
5 Owna (Metaknight/Zelda)
5 SaPh (Toon Link)
7 Xiivi (Fox/King DDD)
7 Dom (Lucario)
9 JesiahTEG (Snake/Marth)
9 gimp (Diddy Kong)
9 df00z (Yoshi)
9 Shiri (Yoshi/Peach)
13 maltlickerpimp (Diddy Kong)
13 Ranjiz (PT/Ness)
13 KOJ (Falco)
13 Rich (Ike)
17 Irish (Peach)
17 Surgo (Falco)
17 rick (Zelda)
17 Mutilator7 (Wario/G&W)
17 umom (Marth)

Teams Bracket:
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/1183/doubles2od4.gif
Teams Results:
1 Bear Blasting: Kirk/Silverspawn
2 JesiahTEG + Goodies
3 Suga Dolls: Owna/Xiivi
4 Team Backthrow: KOJ/N.OW
5 Toon Marth: SaPh/umom
5 Oh Snap: Pika Pika/Shiri
7 Dom + Df00z
7 Chocolate Thunder: Rick/Rich
9 Mutilator7 + Supersmash
9 Boozabusa B

SHOUT OUTS:
LOL, real results up, good stuff guys.

Browny

Smash Hater
wow...

lets see what the tier list wh*res have to say about this rofl

cant wait for some of the double sonic vids :>

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts:

Xivii: Thanks for the awesome tourney. Your Ganon is too good! Gave our team a run for our money!

Kirk + Silverspawn: Double Sonic is too ****ing good!! How do I stop those over B with Sonic. The Captain cant handle it! I'll Knee you next tourney!

Pika + Yannick : Close matches, but you were no match for my amazing Up Airs. Sonic gave me too much trouble, but thankful my bair thrawted Pika Pika efforts!

Jesiah: Your Ganon is too good! Up Air more plz and you'll win next event. Your Peach is also awesome. Keep up the good work!

KOJ: CF >>> Snake. Dont play him against our team next time.

Jimmy: CF dittos were awesome! Let's keep them coming!

Dom: I want more CF vs Sonic friendlies! Your Sonic gave me tons of trouble and I'll definitely need more help in that matchup!

I'm missing a lot of people, but I just remember having troubles with the Sonic matchup. Why is that character too good? Send me vids of the Winner's Finals of Teams so I could keep up with that rodent!

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Well, Xiivi, we wanted 3rd in teams and we got it. Next time we'll have to try playing double sonic so we can get 1st or 2nd... but your ganon was still pretty beastly.

Thanks to everyone who came!

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
That was a lot of fun guys, thanks to Xiivi for hosting the tournament as well as everyone I played. Some shoutouts:

Dom - If I hadn't seen that Sonic wall of pain I never would have believed it. It really just came down to the Warlock Punch at the end though, so close.

Xiivi + Owna - You made Sonic and Ganondorf look like your Fox / Peach team from Melee. We were totally humbled by you guys =P

N.OW - Our match was close, it was a surprise to see you use someone other than Ness, and you weren't kidding when you said your Captain Falcon is freakin' amazing.

Silverspawn - Wow. Just wow. I had won that first match and I was feeling pretty confident but then you started whipping off those DAirs comboing into FSmashes, it was sick. Never again will I underestimate C.Falcon again.

Looking forward to the BiWeekly next week =)

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Wow, good tourney to everybody. Sonic is too fast to do anything about, even my Yoshi really couldn't do anything. Good job to everybody.

Mr Nobody

Smash Cadet
Wow, this was the best event ever. Great matches everybody!

Kirk- Congrats on t3h first place. I'll get you next time.

Neil- You are too good at this game.

Jimmy- Falcon is top tier! Thanks for showing us how good he really is. Can't wait for some of those vids!

Jesse- Your Peach is even better than your Snake! Needs more glide toss, though. Also, play me in pokemon.

Yannick- Way to rep the big man. You make me proud. I'm upset you didn't land that reverse warlock punch, though! Also, give me back my focus sash because I actually need it. I think your Swampert still has it.

I know I'm forgetting some people, but I'm still recovering from this. That was too fun! I hope to see you all next time and get some sweet rematches in. :)

d13f00l

Smash Rookie
Wow, my Sonic Fu just isn't that good. Pika Pika, way to just pummel the crap out of me in our Sonic ditto, he's just too quick.

JesiahTEG, LOL @ the Peach, float cancels are ridiculous in this game. Also, nice heart-locks. You jerk. I COULDN'T GET OUT. :embarrass: And you got me stuck in it for two stocks. Close battle with your Yoshi vs my Sonic, though. Glad you found a new main, Yoshi is way cooler than Snake.

Edit: Xiivi! Sick gannon. I can't wait to see our video!

OneWingedAngelo1

Smash Journeyman
You all laughed at me when I said Sonic was one step above god tier... but yeah... loved the matched ups...

Goodies... seriously .. just give up Capt'n Falcon and convert to the Sonic way....

Reasons to convert....

1.) He can really move
2.) He's got attitude

Nuff said...

chillindude829

Smash Master
Singles Results:
1 Kirk (Sonic)
2 Pika Pika (Sonic)
3 Silverspawn (Captain Falcon)
4 N.OW (Captain Falcon/Peach)
5 Owna (Sonic)
5 SaPh (Ganondorf)
7 Xiivi (Ganondorf)
7 Dom (Sonic)
9 JesiahTEG (Peach/Yoshi)
9 gimp (Yoshi)
9 df00z (Peach/Sonic)
9 Shiri (Ganondorf/Captain Falcon)
5 sonics, 3 captain falcons, 3 peaches, 3 ganondorfs, and 2 yoshis.

wow.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
You all laughed at me when I said Sonic was one step above god tier... but yeah... loved the matched ups...

Goodies... seriously .. just give up Capt'n Falcon and convert to the Sonic way....

Reasons to convert....

1.) He can really move
2.) He's got attitude

HE'S THE FASTEST THING ALIIIIVE!

Nuff said...
also, double post YES

Surgo

Smash Apprentice
Fun tournament. Met some awesome people.

Jesse -- Thanks for hosting me. So glad I came! Hopefully I can come again some time.
Kirk -- I would have never believed you if you told me that Sonic could pull off the Grand Viper, but you ****ing crushed me with it. I never even had a chance. I believe now!
Stefan / KoJ -- You are ****ing hilarious, man. Totally made the trip worth it.
Everyone else -- You guys are awesome.

The only bad part about this was I had to drive five hours to get home. I tried to use the Grand Viper to do it, but I just couldn't pull it off like Kirk can.

Kirk

Smash Champion
This tourney was too fun.

Thanks for all the nice comments...I had a blast seeing and playing with all of you again.

Eh...I can't think of anything to say right now lol...I'll edit later.

--Kirk

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
This tourney was too fun.

Thanks for all the nice comments...I had a blast seeing and playing with all of you again.

--Kirk
You better think of something to say...now.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
shame i didn't go to get 1st in all events and even 1st in imaginary events. but no seriously good shi to everyone who went you did something i couldn't actually go LOLZ. But yeah, as chillin stated, WTF @ the characters used, I want to see some vids...

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
--Kirk
You whoop us all with Sonic and then you don't even go and gloat about it? Gez, I know Ike's your favourite character and all, but that doesn't mean you need to feel guilty for betraying him. I did it to Fox and that didn't matter, just like how I don't play him in Melee/64.

Speaking of which, the melee was fun, had fun whooping people with Zelda. What good times those are, man I love Melee Zelda so much.

Next time I need to bring down my 64, so Owna can just 0-death me with Falcon 5 times and I go home crying. Hahaha.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
im coming back to NY soon and im the real sonic main that you guys better be paying attention to. you guys better watch out. Goggles is comin back with a vengence

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Alright, alright, here's some real shoutouts:

Team Backthrow - Jimmy, stop using Backthrow. It's too good. And PK Thunder -_-;; KOJ, your Falco has motivated me to pick up Falco as well.

Ian - If we play again you should use your Puff again. Toon Link at least stands a chance against it =P

Dom - You should have stuck to Lucario, I have no freakin' clue how to fight against a Lucario. =P

Suga Dolls - **** Zelda.

Jimmy - Everytime our Ness V. Toon Link matches are so close, and getting owned by Pirate Ship didn't help me at all this tournament, haha.

Yannick - Your Yoshi is really really good, as expected. We had a super close set.

And for everyone else that makes Rochester Tournaments a blast. See you all / most at the next BiWeekly. Probably be some of our last tournaments for a while with the summer and all, although I'm going to try to come to a couple over the summer should they be held.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
you are the video master xiivi. Thanks for giving me stuff to do at school!
Haha, glad I could help. There are still like 10 videos remaining for upload. However my favourite video is still our N.OW (Ness) vs. Xiivi (Ike) 2 video on PS2. There are like 109382 close calls in the video where it looks like we're going to own each other. Very suspenseful. Then you realized Ike can't do anything against projectiles and you proceeded to destroy me with PK Fire and PK Thunder. hahaha

Top Bottom