• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discovery: Wizard Foot Cancel (Now with a video tutorial thing)

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I realize that this has likely been discovered previously, but there has not been a video, which I am now providing. I posted this originally on AllIsBrawl.com on April 4th. I noticed Osman discovered a similar technique recently, check out his thread also http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164608

The WFC:
If you do a grounded wizard foot and go off the edge at the right time near (but not right at) the end it will cancel the lag and you can instantly go into an aerial or many other options. It is great for edgeguarding because nobody sees it coming. Most useful is the Wizard foot cancel (WFC) to Uair of course.

However, while edgeguarding seems like a promising aspect of this technique, I have found something else. If you WFC into a Side-B back towards the stage it makes for a startlingly quick attack. The Wizard Foot will cancel and you will immediately fly back across the stage with the Side-B.

HERE IS THE VIDEO I PROMISED:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0FYqmhUFJQ

Did you watch the whole thing? There is cooler stuff toward the middle and end. Note that DI does affect which combos you will be allowed to do. There are plenty of options, so be creative. Setting up a situation to do this may take a bit of practice though.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'm not surprised it works this way. B moves that travel through the air usually seem to cancel when you reach the teetering animation. It works the same way with Ness and Lucas's up Bs and Zelda's up B. Seems like it could very useful with Ganondorf. Great video.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
It'll be tough to implement, but OH so satisfying when I pull it off. Great vid, I never really understood what you meant till now. I can't wait to practice it.

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
Never thought of using it like that with the forward B before since I would always follow up with an uair. I should try learning how to do this on other stages though...I can only do it on FD.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Never thought of using it like that with the forward B before since I would always follow up with an uair. I should try learning how to do this on other stages though...I can only do it on FD.
I can do it consistently on most stages, although I haven't tried it on all. I haven't had any luck trying to incorporate platforms :(

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Isn't there a variation of this where Ganon will go off the edge, but automatically 'hop' back on?

I would expect there to be some variation on this, as it may be interacting with the ledge in the same way as Wolf's lightstepping and tele-stepping.

About the vid: Bad sound control. I can't hear you. But it's great to see the move.

Zarez

Smash Cadet
It's about the same distance of two medium sized blocks in stage builder. So if you want to practice it without worrying about positioning, make a stage with two medium sized blocks, then a third raised block (when returning from one wizard's foot, get back against the third block and your're ready for another).

It's probably a better idea to practice on the stages you'll be playing on, but this is a simple way to get it right every time and you can practice what you might do after pulling it off.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Isn't there a variation of this where Ganon will go off the edge, but automatically 'hop' back on?

I would expect there to be some variation on this, as it may be interacting with the ledge in the same way as Wolf's lightstepping and tele-stepping.

About the vid: Bad sound control. I can't hear you. But it's great to see the move.
Bad sound? Really? Seems fine to me but eh. I'll use the fine quality on my cam next time instead of economy.

Top Bottom