• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tru= cancel grab

sathenzar

Smash Rookie
I noticed on tru= youtube channel display movie during halfway through he grabs someone then suicides by his up grab but he stops after 2 feet in the air and drops into their death. I've tried this but can't do it, what does he do?

PityLord

Smash Apprentice
I saw in trus= vid that he did suicide but didnt saw any grab cancel.

Shears

Smash Master
MKs uthrow can suicide KO on skyworld. its because of the platforms or something. it can be done on a couple other levels too but i dont remember which.

sathenzar

Smash Rookie
o ok the link is http://www.youtube.com/user/truequal
It's the front video on his page that's displayed. It probably is just different stages, I've been trying to replicate it on Final Destination which would make sense in that case. Thanks I'll test that when I get home.

unclemario

Smash Rookie
if you meant the suicide around 3:16 into the video, they just hit the top level on skyworld (which acted as an wall of sort when you hit people against it) and stop going all the way up. it's not grap cancel, i think.

sathenzar

Smash Rookie
hm...yeah I haven't had a chance to try it yet I'm going to later today. You guys are right I think, it's just the platforms like unclemario said.

D

Deleted member

well im surprised you guys are more interested in this then the actual ledge cancel grab on DDD in the begining of the vid hahaha!

but yeah,this particular throw was not canceled out,it was just the roof and when i gaurded,we both slid towards the ledge as i grabbed him.what happens is metas u-throw is designed to automatically di him and his nme towards the stage at the top of his u-throw.what happens is when he hits the cieling he loses his auto di giving a small chance of an off-stage sd.you still cant di the move on your own so its all about placement.

there was a similar thread on this but i think its dead =0

if you guys are interested about disscusing the other grab situation heres the thread:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=159697

Top Bottom