• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Codename OliMarth: A Shrink Combo Video

think13

Smash Cadet
The random green squares are annoying, but the combos are nice.

My favorite combos are at 1:45, 2:22 (against me lol), 4:42, and of course the last one.

Also, 6:18 makes me lol every time!

You should consider making a 90 second best of the best vid and put it on the SSBB video contest at MLG.

Arma_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Armadeous
I was mostly unimpressed with the Marth, it was just a lot of dair spiking. But the Olimar was pretty fun to watch. Props, sir.

shanus

Smash Hero
a lot of the clips seemed like filler, and a bit more to be desired. Also, while it is a combo video, after a while seeing a ton of terrible DI makes a lot of the combos seem less appealing and more just... meh

Try and shorten up the number of clips you used and also have your opponents work on improving their DI... That should overall increase the quality and entertainment of the vid greatly.

Both of those characters have a ton of variety combo potential (I myself have an olimar vid im working on, still won't be out for a while though)

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
a lot of the clips seemed like filler, and a bit more to be desired. Also, while it is a combo video, after a while seeing a ton of terrible DI makes a lot of the combos seem less appealing and more just... meh

Try and shorten up the number of clips you used and also have your opponents work on improving their DI... That should overall increase the quality and entertainment of the vid greatly.

Both of those characters have a ton of variety combo potential (I myself have an olimar vid im working on, still won't be out for a while though)
Yeah, this is my first attempt at video editing ever and overall I was pretty pleased at the video as a whole - I think my next video will be only olly but olly isn't the best comboer so it will take time.

Thanks for the comments everyone - positive or negative, feedback is very much appreciated.

shanus

Smash Hero
Yeah, this is my first attempt at video editing ever and overall I was pretty pleased at the video as a whole - I think my next video will be only olly but olly isn't the best comboer so it will take time.

Thanks for the comments everyone - positive or negative, feedback is very much appreciated.
don't take my criticisms too hard, it was definitely a great start, I'm sure your future vids will be very good with a few changes here and there

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
don't take my criticisms too hard, it was definitely a great start, I'm sure your future vids will be very good with a few changes here and there
Hell - a good reason my olly is improving as fast as he is, is due to people like to you helping out - I love the feedback - negative just gives me areas to improve on - anyway - you weren't really criticizing me anyway :p

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but olimar IMO, is just a shorter marth. Attacks like the fair to down tilt are easy to do with both characters but anyways nice vid.. check out my thread the (blue linked one, you can click it) and see if you would want to submit you're vid.... and show some support and input if you think its a good idea or not.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
terrible...horrible music...emos gtfo
t4t ...

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but olimar IMO, is just a shorter marth. Attacks like the fair to down tilt are easy to do with both characters but anyways nice vid.. check out my thread the (blue linked one, you can click it) and see if you would want to submit you're vid.... and show some support and input if you think its a good idea or not.
Some very obvious differences but yes, the similarity has been very helpful-

My doubles partner says it feels like my old falcon as well - powerful fair - grab comboing - effective spike - I don't know how many similarities I buy b/c all characters feel somewhat distinct now.

peeup

Smash Lord
Nice Olimar, if you wanna shoot me ur friend code, that'd be awesome--I want to play against a real Olimar, being and Olimar main myself. My FC is in mah siggy.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
Nice Olimar, if you wanna shoot me ur friend code, that'd be awesome--I want to play against a real Olimar, being and Olimar main myself. My FC is in mah siggy.
Not a huge fan of online - but i'll see what I can do the beginning of next week - I have a tourney sunday so I don't want to go online before then to mess up timing.

3093-6846-9124 - if you check the forum below or olly and marth forums, you could find other vids to give you some ideas of new techs to try.

Your marths awsome
Thank you :D

Top Bottom