• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash 3: The New Frontier April 19th in San Antonio TX RESULTS!

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Final Smash 3: The New Frontier

:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:RESULTS:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

With experience comes refinement. By far the smoothest ran tournament I've done so far, with great thanks to DugFinn. Major props to her abilities as a host.

My shout outs:

Dug Finn: for being super awesome help. You're welcome in San Antonio anytime. I hope I can visit Houston some time to return the favor. I'll also look into the info you gave me.

Sethlon: lolz brawl is silly:psycho:, we should play more GG AC:p. But if it's two day we have to worry about housing >_< which is a big headache. If that's one aspect of pre production I'm left out of, then fine.

Hylian: That melee match with the turnip recovery: ridiculous. Just like the zero to death combo I had on the first stock topped with a stitch face. Too bad I still lost though >.< I haven't practiced Melee in months. Hope you enjoy your Dr Pepper for fourth place:p

Pozerwolf: Good job on taking 3rd, but we still need to play GG AC. Maybe at Battle of the Border 2?

Mr 3000: I want to see your Sonic in action. I'm surprised any uses him and even gets far.

Trex: Snake is too good lolz.

Forkgirl: Glad my controller brought you good luck and helped to win your match.

Kite: Stop being such a fatty and come up to the desk when I call you next time :laugh:

Gamelot: for being a great venue as always.

Judge: thanks for showing up and giving me a hand, and don't worry you'll do better in the next tourney.

Everyone that helped yell out matches: thanks, my voice was getting strained.

Anyone I didn't mention: GGs to all, and to all a good night.

Brackets are up.

http://www.allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=669

Brawl Singles

1: Mr. 3000 ($378.00)
2: T-Rex ($153.00)
3: PozerWolf ($94.00)
4: Hylian
5: Dr MarioKart
5: Dojo
7: Sethlon
7: Lee
9: CD
9: Chozo
9: V Money
9: Inu-Josha
13: Light
13: Slim
13: Kite
13: Manic
17: Ethan
17: Nike 20
17: HEERO
17: Jebus
17: Rouge
17: LAW
17: Fox
17: Latif
25: Papi
25: OT
25: Dyse
25: Caveman
25: Dad
25: Panda
25: Cliff
25: Judge
33: Rayzorium
33: Valva
33: Santi
33: Boo
33: Hoff
33: Forkgirl
33: Z-Tec
33: Liet
33: Jose
33: Slippy
33: G@BE
33: PBS
33: Emperor Caesar
33: James
33: APOC
33: Titan
49: JDUG
49: GFG
49: Canti
49: PK
49: Axis
49: TBOI
49: Leinad
49: Pee
49: Dave!
49: Gen
49: Aosoth
49: Arch Angel
49: Eraxian
49: Spade
49: JC
49: Hooshy

Brawl Teams

1: 5 Letter S Word (Mr. 3000, T-Rex) ($91.00)
2: Fat Like Betty (Kite, Dojo) ($26.00)
3: AlliEsta (Gabe, Cesar) ($13.00)
4: Death By Papercut (Hylian, Sethalon)
5: Star Fox (Mike, Adam)
5: S'Up Bro (Luis, Cody)
7: Oprahs Book Club (Marty, Josh)
7: Hero (Angel, Jhane)
9: Death Note (Kaleb, Aaron)
9: Axis (Carlos, Larry)
9: Don't Care (Robert, Joshua)
13: Hermine (Garza, Roy)
13: Jugment Cliff (James, Cliff)

Melee Singles

1st: G@BE - 13 winz
2nd: Rayzorium - 11 winz
3rd: Bear - 10 winz
4th: Sethlon - 8 winz
5th: Kal - 6 winz
5th: Hylian - 6 winz
6th: Kyle - 2 winz
7th: Nike 20 - 0 winz

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Any idea what characters people used?

Also is the Lee that got 7th the one from Louisiana?
Let me clarify: Snake dominated this tournament. Pozer and T-rex did 5 very close Snake dittos, which Lee Harris recorded, and I'll have links up for very soon.

Unfortunately, since T-rex and Mr 3000 are brothers they decided to not play the finals and split the money.

Lee is Lee Harris.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
It is me. And I also ***** face with Snake.

Lee, PozerWolf, and T-rex = Snake masters.

I also have the loser's finals with Hylian's G&W and T-rex's Snake. It is some intense shiet. I'll get them up tonight.

I'll post shout outs later. This was by far the most fun I've had at a tournament. Good job KM.

**EDIT** The first round of videos are being uploaded right now. They should all be done sometime tomorrow. Just go to http://www.youtube.com/user/WifiWarsVideos and wait to see them.

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
I like how I've played 3 consecutive tournaments now while completely avoiding having to play Sethlon or Hylian.:laugh:

2nd tournament in a row for me where both my losses come from Snake :ohwell:

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Fun tournament guys!

However, I well have to say that some of the people were kind of rude at the venue.

I understand you don't want drinks near the TV, and if you let one person with drinks go then others will have drinks near the TV. However, I needed my water or I will pass out and likely goto a seizure.

First tournament I had so much of a fuss because I couldn't hold my water.
Talk about being douche bags.

Not to mention, kind of messed up how Kyle (or whoever) didn't want to wait for the Austin people to show up and stated that the Austin people should've showed up early and all this stuff, yet you guys kindly waited for Houston people even tho Austin people came about 30 - 40 mins earlier than Houston people.

WTF is that about?

Not saying anything bad about Houston people, saying how messed up people can be when hosting a tournament.

First time around the Smash community, and the more tournaments I goto for this game, the more I notice how strange Smash people are, lol ;o

Aside from those issues, it was a fun tournament.
I can't give any show outs, didn't get to talk to many people at this tournament (too busy watching my friend's matches, lol).
Whoever I did talk to, well, good games.

Also, it seems like people tend to complain A LOT about Snake... and I don't know why. Yeah hes good, but c'mon!

Oh yeah, and Melee is a done game ;o

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Grats on 3rd Pozer.

Dr. Drew:

1st - Mr 3000 - Sonic
2nd - T-Rex - Snake
3rd - Pozer - Snake
4th - Hylian - G&W
5th - Dr. Mario Kart - No Idea
5th - Dojo - Metaknight
7th - Lee - Snake
7th - Sethlon - Falco
9th - VMoney - Wolf I think?

I don't remember any others.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Grats on 3rd Pozer.

Dr. Drew:

1st - Mr 3000 - Sonic
2nd - T-Rex - Snake
3rd - Pozer - Snake
4th - Hylian - G&W
5th - Dr. Mario Kart - No Idea
5th - Dojo - Metaknight
7th - Lee - Snake
7th - Sethlon - Falco
9th - VMoney - Wolf I think?

I don't remember any others.
Yeah that looks about right.
VMoney = Wolf (so yeah, you got that)
Dr. Mario Kart = Meta Knight/Olimar

Also, can I have matches of me playing T-Rex uploaded plz!!
THANK YOU!! =)

Mr.C

Smash Master
Are you still playing Brawl Mr. C?

First set of videos is up.
Of course lol...I just don't play very often because I have no one to play with, except Fear but we've played like once in the past three months . :(

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Fun tournament guys!

However, I well have to say that some of the people were kind of rude at the venue.

I understand you don't want drinks near the TV, and if you let one person with drinks go then others will have drinks near the TV. However, I needed my water or I will pass out and likely goto a seizure.

First tournament I had so much of a fuss because I couldn't hold my water.
Talk about being douche bags.

Not to mention, kind of messed up how Kyle (or whoever) didn't want to wait for the Austin people to show up and stated that the Austin people should've showed up early and all this stuff, yet you guys kindly waited for Houston people even tho Austin people came about 30 - 40 mins earlier than Houston people.

WTF is that about?

Not saying anything bad about Houston people, saying how messed up people can be when hosting a tournament.

First time around the Smash community, and the more tournaments I goto for this game, the more I notice how strange Smash people are, lol ;o

Aside from those issues, it was a fun tournament.
I can't give any show outs, didn't get to talk to many people at this tournament (too busy watching my friend's matches, lol).
Whoever I did talk to, well, good games.

Also, it seems like people tend to complain A LOT about Snake... and I don't know why. Yeah hes good, but c'mon!

Oh yeah, and Melee is a done game ;o
I dunno about the Austin people, and I don't remember making any comments about them. Besides, I'm very glad I waited for the Houston players, because Dug Finn was a huge help, and was the only major help I was receiving. Things wouldn't have gone as smoothly as they did without her.

As for the water thing, yeah, it's because the last tournament there was a huge amount of trash left over. Its the owner's deal on that one. Please try to understand.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I didn't just use GW. I used Ice Climbers as well. I don't think I could of beaten that pikimin player with my GW.

So yeah, from what I remember:

Brawl Singles

1: Mr. 3000 ($378.00) - Sonic/DeDeDe
2: T-Rex ($153.00) - Snake
3: PozerWolf ($94.00) - Snake
4: Hylian - GW/Ice Climbers
5: Dr MarioKart - Metaknight
5: Dojo - Metaknight
7: Sethlon - Falco
7: Lee - Snake
9: V Money
13: Light
13: Slim
13: Kite - MK
13: Manic- Wolf
17: Jebus - Sonic?
17: LAW
17: Fox - Fox
25: OT
25: Caveman - ZSS
25: Dad
25: Cliff - Sonic
25: Judge
33: Rayzorium - Kirby
33: Santi - TL
33: Forkgirl - GW/Peach
33: Jose
33: G@BE - GW/kirby
33: Emperor Caesar -TL
33: APOC - GW?

Shout outs:

Great tournament everyone. Some really good players there. My bracket was meh again lol.
I had to play caveman first round, then Sethlon second round, then Mr. 3000 third round, Then Dojo...lol. At least I only lost to 1st and 2nd :). GGs.

Dont really feel like doing single shoutouts. so GGs everyone!!!!

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
I dunno about the Austin people, and I don't remember making any comments about them. Besides, I'm very glad I waited for the Houston players, because Dug Finn was a huge help, and was the only major help I was receiving. Things wouldn't have gone as smoothly as they did without her.
Thats once they arrived you knew the help you would've gotten.
Otherwise, waiting for Houston people instead of Austin was just stupid no matter how you look at it.

Thats why I came up to you and asked "Are you Kyle?" because they said someone by the name Kyle was the one refusing to wait for Austin people.

To make matters even worse, Austin people had to actually be there to sign up, they couldn't have someone else sign up for them (which of course, I was one of the Austin people).

As for the water thing, yeah, it's because the last tournament there was a huge amount of trash left over. Its the owner's deal on that one. Please try to understand.
I think it was a matter of trying to understand my situation.
For me to even be playing video games is something I'm advise to stay away from doing.

Anyways.
Were are vids of me vs T-Rex!!!! GAR!!!!!! >_<

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I really should have gone to this thing, rather than playing friendlies with some friends all day. Oh well, saved myself 25 dollars, no?

Hylian, I want to play you sometime soon, just so I can see exactly how good you are at Brawl.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Shoutoutttttts.

Kyle: Fun tourny, as always. Make it 2 days next time >.< DugFinn's voice projects alot better than yours, heh.

T-Rex: Arrrrrgh :embarrass Well, it was aloooot closer than last time, lol.

PozerWolf: Your dittos with T-Rex were amazing. We need to plaaaaay, lol. Coming to the planet zero tourny in houston?

Hylian: Green greens was a bad idea T_T my bad. Rainbow cruise suicides for the lose. You should like hack Tio into not hating you.

Lee: Rawr, i stomp up on your snake in friendlies :mad:

Mr.C: Why weren't you theeeree?? You should practice with K1te, hes good and stuff.

K1te: I won that last match so hard. All my moonwalk spinning gathered up so much positive energy that it was just impossible for you to win. Good **** in teams.

Kal: Marth doesn't have a gold costume because there isn't any justice in him.

Dojo: Good stuff with the metaknight.

Rayzorium: Nice to play with ya again :) Hope to see you at the next san an tourny.

Doc Mario Kart: Lol, the brackets really do seem like they don't want us to play.

I-10: You suck for having a crash and making it so we didn't get home until 10am.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
It's gone forever. I recorded over it with some footage of me shaving my back. If you want that I can send it to you. It's a 3 hour tape.
As long as you have your back shaved as the FD music playing.

BTW: Seth we've yet to do our money match.
MAYBE at the Houston tourny, but yeah I'll be there! ;o

K1T3

Smash Lord
Adding on to Hylian's List

Brawl Singles

1: Mr. 3000 ($378.00) - Sonic/DeDeDe
2: T-Rex ($153.00) - Snake
3: PozerWolf ($94.00) - Snake
4: Hylian - GW/Ice Climbers
5: Dr MarioKart - Metaknight
5: Dojo - Metaknight
7: Sethlon - Falco
7: Lee - Snake
9: V Money - Wolf
13: Light - Wolf
13: Slim – Wario?
13: Kite - =)
13: Manic- Wolf
17: Jebus - Sonic?
17: LAW - Wolf?
17: Fox - Fox
25: OT – Snake/Rob
25: Caveman - Random/ZSS
25: Dad - Sonic/Marth
25: Cliff - Sonic/Lucas/Kirby
25: Judge - D3/Kirby/MK
33: Rayzorium - Kirby
33: Santi - TL
33: Forkgirl - GW/Peach
33: Jose - Olimar
33: G@BE - GW/Kirby
33: Emperor Caesar -TL
33: APOC - GW?

Kyle – Thanks for the tourney man! I had lots of fun and it was run rather smoothly. Sorry I didn't help out =(

DugFinn – Thx for helping make the tourney awesome. Your voice carried well so all the matches could be heard and we knew where to go. I now find your post in the last thread funny.

Dojo – Kids too good! Thanks for teaming man. It was lots of fun, sorry we couldn't take first. Our styles seemed to work pretty good together for a team though, so I think we did pretty good for the first time teaming. Good **** with 5th, but I think you could've did better.

Santi – Thx for letting me team with Dojo man, you're too chill. You're TL is beast, we had some close matches and I wanted to play you more, hopefully next time.

Cake(that's what Dojo said to call you) – Nice Wolf man, especially for just picking him up. It was cool hanging with you, lets get some more friendlies next time.

Sethlon – That moonwalk spinning was too good, all I could do was jump up and down and it just didn't compare. I must learn a cool trick so I can get the good energies and win next time. Awesome falco though, wish I coulda played it more. Teams were fun stuff, we went one one in sets, we need another to decide it.

Hylian – You're too good, but I think you'd win a lot more if you didn't kill yourself so much and weren't so over confident =P ggs though hope to see/play you again =) Same as above above for teams. Good **** in Singles too.

Kal – Good to see you again, sorry we didn't get to hang out more or play melee. I know you hate brawl but thanks for playing me a few games. Sorry I couldn't house yall, ask me before the tourney next time so I can ask my parents before hand.

Lee – I had no idea who you were, you reminded me of Cyphus for some reason though. Good **** beating me. I'll try not to be so scrubby next time =). Where do you live? We should get some friendlies in if you're close by.

Jose – Close matches man. You should've gotten further in the tourney. Sorry we had to play so soon and about counter picking you. Thanks a lot for the team name too, it got us 2nd =)

MrC - I hope you didn't not go for lack of ride cause me and Robert both woulda picked you up. Also Robert, Kevin and I all live right by you and are willing to play whenever just let me know when you're free =)

Espy - where were you? Psh best be there next time

All the SA peeps – Come on guys you can do better! But still you guys are awesome as always, hope to see yall soon.

Gabe – Close teams matches man. You had me scared. Sorry I couldn't house yall, I tried getting a hold of my parents but couldn't... Ask me before hand next time though and hopefully I can.

DMK – We didn't do a 1v1 I wanted a revenge match from Genesis Games... Did you pick up Olimar after that?

Mr3000/TRex – Good **** in teams guys, yalls timing and spacing are too good. Too bad we didn't get any 1v1s in.

P.S. Teams is way too fun and more people need to enter it next time

!Manic!

Smash Rookie
eh finally decided to make my name on smash boards already lol

Shout outs!

LAW: Sorry how our match ended. but very fun i love wolf vs wolf ! next time we play.. NO CAMPING!! :laugh: jk

JUdge: great match vs your dedede.. made you work for that chain grab =)

Hylian: awsome match.. going in there i thought i was going to get *****. but it was a awsome match besides ..us killing ourselves and all.. next time.. cant wait to play you again hopefully at battle for the border =)

GG to everyone i forgot

and pozer.. mabey a 10 dollar money match at battle for the border? :chuckle:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Espy - where were you? Psh best be there next time

All the SA peeps – Come on guys you can do better! But still you guys are awesome as always, hope to see yall soon.
Give me the next date, and I assure you I WILL be there.

Can't wait to show off my Sonic, Jiggs, Lucario, and Ness.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I really should have gone to this thing, rather than playing friendlies with some friends all day. Oh well, saved myself 25 dollars, no?

Hylian, I want to play you sometime soon, just so I can see exactly how good you are at Brawl.
I am easily top 10. Probably top 5 in texas. :).

Kite is right though. I get to overconfident sometimes and lose because of it. I need to work on that.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
this is crazy. there's two lee's. but just so everybody knows.. im the one from louisiana. and i didnt attend this tourney. LOL. good job though other lee. i have no clue who you are but you must be pro. :p.

ill start entering tournaments at LeeMartin. i guess.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
this is crazy. there's two lee's. but just so everybody knows.. im the one from louisiana. and i didnt attend this tourney. LOL. good job though other lee. i have no clue who you are but you must be pro. :p.

ill start entering tournaments at LeeMartin. i guess.
Lee<3!!!!

Come back to texas!!!!

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Why were the other matches upload so quickly and not mine?
I feel sad =(
PM Lee Harris.

Brackets are up.

http://www.allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=669

Might as well:

My shout outs:

Dug Finn: for being super awesome help. You're welcome in San Antonio anytime. I hope I can visit Houston some time to return the favor. I'll also look into the info you gave me.

Sethlon: lolz brawl is silly:psycho:, we should play more GG AC:p. But if it's two day we have to worry about housing >_< which is a big headache. If that's one aspect of pre production I'm left out of, then fine.

Hylian: That melee match with the turnip recovery: ridiculous. Just like the zero to death combo I had on the first stock topped with a stitch face. Too bad I still lost though >.< I haven't practiced Melee in months. Hope you enjoy your Dr Pepper for fourth place:p

Pozerwolf: Good job on taking 3rd, but we still need to play GG AC. Maybe at Battle of the Border 2?

Mr 3000: I want to see your Sonic in action. I'm surprised any uses him and even gets far.

Trex: Snake is too good lolz.

Forkgirl: Glad my controller brought you good luck and helped to win your match.

Kite: Stop being such a fatty and come up to the desk when I call you next time :laugh:

Gamelot: for being a great venue as always.

Judge: thanks for showing up and giving me a hand, and don't worry you'll do better in the next tourney.

Everyone that helped yell out matches: thanks, my voice was getting strained.

Anyone I didn't mention: GGs to all, and to all a good night.

Broly

Smash Lord
Wow, seems like a good tourny. heh and no marth ppl? lame. but w/e ill b at battle of the border, we still on our MM pozer?

Dammit dojo, u dissappoint me, but u placed high so congratz

Top Bottom