• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Panda's Discovery: Planting C4 on the Edge!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I'm a big fan of Snake, and seeing the recent post on the Dojo that mentioned Snake can put his C4 on walls gave me an idea. By experimenting on Frigate Orpheon, I found out that Snake can actually plant his C4 on the side of many stages, right near the edge. Its really awesome stuff, so I made a video of it for you guys to see.

Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7YNOWfNB8M

kevc

Smash Cadet
lol thats friggin cool nice work

edit: HAHAHAHAH nice ending i must say

Deadlypudding

Smash Cadet
I had this idea one time, but found it pretty dangerous. Seems like your technique is actually very feasible, and quite sneaky.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
I discovered that c4's can stick on walls when I got stuck under FD and tried to do the c4 recovery. Needless to say, it didn't work cause the C4 was way above me, lol.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Hm neat....I remember one time I tried to C4 recovery below battlefield and Snake instead C4-stuck the small pillar under it...and I fell to my death >.>

Cobra

Smash Journeyman

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
I discovered that c4's can stick on walls when I got stuck under FD and tried to do the c4 recovery. Needless to say, it didn't work cause the C4 was way above me, lol.
Ditto.

Nice work on finding how to do it consistently panda. I usually plant it on the ground next to the edge to force the opponent off the edge, but this is a much sneakier way to do it.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
What the... you're a guy? I always thought you were a girl for some reason. I've also called you a "she" on many occasions without you correcting me so it's all really your fault! :p

It's not really surprising, though. You can do it with the proximity mine, after all. That's pretty cool though as you'll now be able to force people to recover onto the stage (well, unless they're Zelda or Ike, I guess).

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
If only the super magnet snapping didn't work that well or just would be really good.

strike42

Smash Journeyman
i don't know if this has been found out but u can plat c4's on the edge of the destroyed bridge if edan and they still remain there even if the bridge reforms.

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
So you just drop and get as close as possible?

Something I haven't been able to do consistently is C4 walls.

You just have to be as close as possible, right? Not 'pushing' against the wall once you hit down-B?

also, had NO idea you could stick a wall mid-jump.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
I found this out the hard way... trying to C4 recovery, but accidently stuck it to the bottom of the stage instead of blowing myself up >_>

bossyjellyfish

Foxes Mate for Life
I'm having trouble doing this consistently. The C4 either falls off the stage or right next to the edge on the stage.

-Phoenix-

Smash Cadet
That's pretty cool I got to try with I get the chance especially since the people I play against hang around the edge a lot but usually not to edgeguard just to stall. It would be so funny to see someone lose because they edgeguarded and blew up. :laugh:

FreakoFreako

Smash Apprentice
Ugh. This has screwed me over at FD too many times. ;_; Although not much recently since I use my Up B ASAP now.

One time though, my suicide at FD didn't go in vain. The timer for C4 went out so it auto exploded as someone was recovering. Boom. One of my funnier KO's.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
What the... you're a guy? I always thought you were a girl for some reason. I've also called you a "she" on many occasions without you correcting me so it's all really your fault! :p
You never listened to Show Me Your News? I'm disappointed in you, Yuna :D
Panda was on that quite often.

IronSquirrel891

Smash Apprentice
cool, the video and timing explanation was helpful, i seemed to get it pretty easily.
should be a nice surprise, thanks.

im fine with not being able to do it on smashville, i'd rather put it on the moving platform.

Top Bottom