• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palmdale presents: Tauntsies TWO! 04/26/08 BRAWL

ROFL

Smash Journeyman
http://www.allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=630

Palmdale, Ca 93551

call (661) 435-4978 for help. ask for ROFL

starts at 12:00 SHARP! call me if you will be late so i can register you and try to hold your matches. be here at 11:00 for a smooth registration process and warm ups.

Special notices

1. Bring a full setup including Wii, brawl, and tv and you get free pizza. (at least 2 pieces depends on how many people bring a full setup. if only one you may share a large pizza withn me :p) TV's decide if a tournament will be good or bad. bring some stuff and help out people!!! PLEASE HAVE RANDOM STAGE SELECT UNLOCKED NOOBS

2. Bring your own controller (DUH) those playing with wireless controllers or wii remotes are responsible for your stupid choice of controller. if you run out of batteries you will forfeit one entire match from the set you are currently playing NO EXCEPTIONS. this is the only way i feel that i can avoid the situation. nothing is worse than a technical difficulty ruining a great match. get your **** together before the tournament!

3. Friendlies are great but i try my best to be a very time efficient tournament host. i will unplug your controllers to make room for a tournament match. friendlies may be played before the tournament and i highly encourage you to stay all night and play friendlies after the tournament :p , but please do not interfere with my tournament scheduling!

Finally it should go without saying, no bull****. any fighting, or physical threats will not be tolerated. i have pepper spray and you will get owned. If you are new to the smash community you should learn how nice we all really are. I expect 0 problems because my tournaments are too fun to be mad at :)

What will take place

1. doubles tournament starts @ roughly 12:00

2. singles will start once doubles starts to wind down and tv's are unused.

3. after the tournament there will be a crew battle for fun. whoever places 1st and 2nd in the singles tournament will be designated team captains. 2nd place picks first and from there on we will have two large crews that will duke it out. if you dont know how this works dont worry we will help you out. trust me its fun!

4. stick around til closing time (somewhere from 10-midnight) and well probly take a trip to denny's. to end the day.

DA RULES
1. Double elimination bracket

2. sets are played as a best of 3.
losers bracket finals, winner bracket finals, and grand finals will be a best of 5

3. continuation rule is NOT in play. if two players run into each other twice there will be fresh sets.

3. no items / final smashes LOL

4. 3 Stocks 7 minute time limit. if time runs out the person with the lowest % wins. Sudden death means NOTHING.

DA RULES (stages)
1. Random select stages.
- Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshis Island, Smashville,

2. Stages available for counter picking
- Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Norfair, Port Town Aero Drive Corneria (melee), Pokemon Stadium (melee), Rainbow Cruise (melee), Brinstar (melee)

DA RULES (counter picking)
1. First match players choose a character and the stage is random. if there is any problem with character choice you can call for a double blind. a neutral player will have the character selections whispered to him and he will make sure that the players pick the character they whispered. color disputes will be handled with a coin toss. players may also agree to play on ANY stage during any point in the set, as long as both players AGREE.

2. After the first match the loser will ask if the winner would like to ban any stages. then the loser will pick the stage he would like to counter with as long as it is not the banned stage. if there are any arguments involving this process i will have the final say. please ask your opponent if he would like to ban a stage before choosing to easily avoid this problem. YOU CAN NOT BAN NEUTRAL STAGES

3. now with the knowledge of what stage will be played, the winner can change his character if wants to.

4. the loser now knows what character the winner will be playing and can "counter" pick with a character of his own.

Top Bottom