• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New advanced technique for captain falcon

Garebear

Smash Rookie
i was reading about b sticking just a bit ago and i decided to give it a go, even though id never replace my c stick smashes. anyway so while messing around with captain falcon i was playing around with opposite analog stick combinations left right, right left, down up, up down, etc. the only one that had any change however was when i pressed up to jump and down on the c stick to down b, what happened was immediately after lifting off the ground captain falcon instantly slammed his falcon kick to the floor creating a shock wave which launched and did damage. i tried this with out b sticking and it also works but the timing is slightly harder to get right. im sure its something that could be practiced and mastered with ease but none the less.

i think this could be used in some new combos possibly even giving life to the long forgotten falcon.

i guess you guys should just try it out and tell me what you think. if i didnt make it clear enough the two ways to do this is as follows;

1. switch your c stick to special under control options. then press up to jump and at the same time press down on the c stick to falcon kick vertically to the floor.

2. this ones harder, id reccommend trying the first way to see the move at its full potential. jump and press down b immediately.-- note* i tried using up on the analog stick to jump and then slam down b but each attempt failed id recommend using Y or X and then pressing down B immediately after leaving the ground.

i cant really get a screen shot or a video but youd know if you did it right because itd look like a falcon kick just preformed almost with no jump but rather then going right or left the kick would go straight down and a wave would come out after the attack is finished slidding you slightly to the direction you were facing.

tell me how it works out i had to make sure to type this up before going to sleep so i didnt forget. if anyone can think of any other uses for this by all means throw them out. ( :

Garebear

Smash Rookie
ill mess around with it some more and get back to you guys with some uses im convinced it can be good for something.

Mann

Smash Ace
It's not really a new advanced technique. That kind of stuff was used by people who were new to Falcon/Ganondorf. And not as fast.

I believe at mid %'s with most characters that it would be useful. But the delay after is killer most of the time. It still can be useful.

ReploidArmada

Smash Rookie
What kills the shorthop Falcon Kick is the massive lag you get from using it as an aerial at that altitude. That's enough time for most characters to spam a smash on you, knocking you out if you happen to be at a decently high %.

EDIT: Now, if you happened to be high enough off the ground (like shorthopping the 3rd high floating fall-through from the left on NPC, then FKing down to the bottom of the stage) then it becomes near lag-less, but anytime before that you're liable to be KO'd in short order. Plus, there are few stages that allow you to reduce aerial FK's lag - I think WarioWare, Hanenbow and other more air-oriented stages might allow it, but definitely not the likes of Final Destination.

Blaazer07

Smash Rookie
The "shockwave" is just your fire, starting, and its really not strong at all, nor does it have enough range to be useful.

go look up "advanced technique."

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
What kills the shorthop Falcon Kick is the massive lag you get from using it as an aerial. That's enough time for most characters to spam a smash on you, knocking you out if you happen to be at a decently high %.
Well if you hit them it wouldn't be an issue but chances are you won't hit them. This "technique" is just like 95% of Falcon's other moves: If you hit, you're golden; If you miss, you're ****ed.

Sh1n0b1

Smash Journeyman
Probably not the most useful technique. If anyone tries this they will have to be sure they will hit with it. If they miss they are royally ****ed.

Garebear

Smash Rookie
oh noooo this isnt short hopped falcon kick its an instant falcon kick like there is no air between falcon and the floor he just goes straight down..

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
oh noooo this isnt short hopped falcon kick its an instant falcon kick like there is no air between falcon and the floor he just goes straight down..
Yeah I know what you mean but still it just isn't that useful even with perfect timing. Too punishable. If you're close enough for this to work you would just be better off to grab and throw and maybe get an aerial in on your opponent or something.

Runeblade279

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I know what you mean but still it just isn't that useful even with perfect timing. Too punishable. If you're close enough for this to work you would just be better off to grab and throw and maybe get an aerial in on your opponent or something.
Yeah, this is the better option with Falcon.

Ganondorf benefits from this cause his aerial down+B is better, and his throws arent' as good as Falcon's.

But with Falcon, you're better off doing something less laggy and more useful, as awesome as "FALCON KICK" in place is. =/

showmeyagoose

Smash Cadet
this isnt advanced, its useful, i do this occasionally.
you make alot of people (me included) excited when you write "advanced tech"
yet i see no advancement

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I've seen so many threads proclaiming a new Advanced Technique, but hardly any of them are actually something new, and even less of them are something that is actually useful.

I kind of dislike how Brawl has brought about this mindless goldrush to find teh AdVANSHED techniq3us!!11eleven.

Top Bottom