• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DullRazer Presents: ****- CHATROOM LINK PUBLISHED

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
http://www.freewebs.com/essyc/Misc%20Char%20Stuff/****.jpg

A big thanks to everyone who participated, and congratulations to Mobious for winning the whole kit and kaboodle and a 500 point VC game of his choosing. Congrats also go out to Yeb, Pink, and LTK for stellar performances in making it to the semifinals. The brackets are posted below. As a side note, I had to haphazardly construct a new set for the finals b/c of the odd number of participants.

I apologize for anyone who might have been left out, but smashboards was being rather fickle, so I want to let everyone know, that if you were somehow left out- it wasn't intentional, nor was it oversite. There was just not the technical capacity!

Aaaanyway, feel free to shout out, or to compliment or trash my running of the tournament.

Boon :o

Smash Journeyman
If I could, I would like to sign up twice, one for myself, and one for my brother. If I can't, just sign me up once as usual.

Tag: Boon
Fc: 4296-2669-9131
AIM: ronisummasain
State: Kentucky

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
If I could, I would like to sign up twice, one for myself, and one for my brother. If I can't, just sign me up once as usual.

Tag: Boon
Fc: 4296-2669-9131
AIM: ronisummasain
State: Kentucky
To sign your brother up, give me another tag. Id imagine youd be using the same wii/brawl copy/aim name... but Ill need a tag for him to differentiate.

Also, is the end of your AIM name "asain" or is it supposed to be "asian". JW for accuracy sake. Also, whenever you 'check in' I assume the both of you will be simultaneously checking in? Unless told otherwise, I will assume as much.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, because I didn't post my info.

Tag: Razer
FC-to the left
AIM: ShttrdParadox
State: North Carolina

Foxy

Smash Master
Sup.

Tag: Foxy
FC: 4596-9123-7492
AIM: esotericboy57

And I'm gonna sign my friend up as well, because the spots are going to go really quickly and he's in the mountains right now without internet access.

Tag: GofG
FC: 0258-9972-0549
AIM: gofg467

I really have no idea if he will be able to make it but he's usually free on weekends. If it turns out he can't, we can just open up another spot.

Also, fantastic job on this tourney! Most definitely the best I've seen since Brawl's release. I'm really looking forward to this whether I get knocked out first round or not.

As a side note, I know you're going to do regional brackets for minimal lag and because pools take forever, but that would probably place me, you, and my friend playing each other in rounds one and two, because we all are located pretty close. But I play him a lot, and I've already played you in a tourney, so for the sake of variety (the more new opponents, the better) and your progression (as I beat you last time), could you seperate us NC-ers when it comes bracket creation time? Thanks again.

Edit: I didn't see details about character picks in a series, just stage picks. Are you not going to allow the standard char-changes (loser's stage, winner's character, loser's character) or did you just forget/not specify it?

Boon :o

Smash Journeyman
To sign your brother up, give me another tag. Id imagine youd be using the same wii/brawl copy/aim name... but Ill need a tag for him to differentiate.

Also, is the end of your AIM name "asain" or is it supposed to be "asian". JW for accuracy sake. Also, whenever you 'check in' I assume the both of you will be simultaneously checking in? Unless told otherwise, I will assume as much.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, because I didn't post my info.

Tag: Razer
FC-to the left
AIM: ShttrdParadox
Yeah, we'll be using the same wii/brawl/aim name
My brothers name will be: Boon
And since i use a diff control scheme, my name will be: -_-

And on my aim name it's spelled "asain"
It was a typo when I created it >.<
And when we check in, both of us will be checking in

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Sup.

As a side note, I know you're going to do regional brackets for minimal lag and because pools take forever, but that would probably place me, you, and my friend playing each other in rounds one and two, because we all are located pretty close. But I play him a lot, and I've already played you in a tourney, so for the sake of variety (the more new opponents, the better) and your progression (as I beat you last time), could you seperate us NC-ers when it comes bracket creation time? Thanks again.

Edit: I didn't see details about character picks in a series, just stage picks. Are you not going to allow the standard char-changes (loser's stage, winner's character, loser's character) or did you just forget/not specify it?
That's already been thought about. I'm going to try to pair people that are *relatively* close in the first round. Im going to try to stay away from pairing people in the same state because of the very reason you stated. To give you an example of what I had in mind:

person from VA
person from NC

person from AL
person from MS

oerson from NY
oerson from NJ

person from NC
person from MD

person from NJ
person from MN

oerson from NY
person from Mas.

See, people are still relatively, close- but people in the same state are decently far apart. In this scenario the people from the same state aren't going to be playing eachother till like the third round or so.

As far as character picks, I thought about that- but I was banking on several inexperienced tournament players playing this as well... and for some reason the concept of character picking sequence is foreign to them. I may change that, depending on the participants (will look at post count and join date). I know thats an arbitrary way of assessing experience, but its the best I can think of. So, if we get a large number of 'exp' players, then Ill most likely change the rule in due time. As a side note, if there aren't any rule changes by the 21st, it won't happen. That's to avoid last minute changes in rules to confuse people.

UobteX

Smash Cadet
Tag: RyzeN
FC: 4468-0788-9840
AIM: ssbbRyzeN
State: California

I'd also like to sign up my brother, obviously he has the same code and state.

Tag: FaLLN
AIM: culex4

CrenTIScO

Smash Apprentice
Tag: CrenTIScO
AIM: CrenTIScO

FC:

dd
(. ) (. )
dddd
O

Crash36

Smash Cadet
tag: Crash
FC: to the left
AIM: Sunami Driver
State: NY

please PM me if I made it.... I'm not sure if 16 people have already gone before me.....

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
tag: Crash
FC: to the left
AIM: Sunami Driver
State: NY

please PM me if I made it.... I'm not sure if 16 people have already gone before me.....
Doesn't matter how many people came before ya, lulz. The *minimum* is 16... and there's at least that many. I think around 20 something- so, you're guaranteed a spot. Just make sure to check in whenever it comes tourney time.

S2

Smash Lord
Count me in.

Tag: S2
Brawl FC: 0087-1963-9300
AIM: Zinkeboy, but I'll probably be on MSN messenger, that's zinkeboy@hotmail. Although I'd rather use SWF PMs if possible.

And TC, thanks for offering a prize. Any prize makes an online tournament that much more competitive and fun. If it were up to me, all online tournaments posted here should require something similar to what your doing (probably good its not up to me). A 5 dollar VC title is always a great prize for an online tournament like this.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Alrighty. Thus far, I have everyone signed up and listed in a spreadsheet- so, everyone is *officially* registered. ATM, we have 26 participants... id like to get around 32 so I wont have to deal with byes. Haha

Pink4Life

Smash Cadet
TAG: WTP4L
FC: 0430-7948-0741
Aim: Pink4LifeSSBB
State: Illinois

HAII Esosteric and you too Sitomo, im out to get ya again!

IsaakFenris

Smash Rookie
Tag: Isaak (im going to assume Tag is my name in the controller)
Brawl Code: 2492-3812-2201
Aim: Null and Death

Im new to this thing so if theres any "unwritten" rules, please PM me.

Top Bottom