• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

moorpark/TO/camarillo tourney april 26/27th

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
This saturday, and if the turn outs good, the next few saturdays, I will be hosting a small brawl tournament. I'm out in the middle of camarillo, moorpark, and thousand oaks, about 5 minutes away from each and 20 minutes away from simi, if you want specific directions pm me

the rules are:
5$ for singles, 10 per team for doubles

no items

on top of the normal banned stages, I'm banning luigis mansion, because it's a horrible stage that has a hyrule temple cave of life effect on the bottom floor

so the stages are

Neutral

FD
Battlefield
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Story (I think it's yoshi's story, its the new one, the melee one is banned)

Counterpick

Castle Siege
Delfino plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Distant Planet

Iffy stages (voted on before the tourney starts)

Brinstar <--- bad stage that you shouldn't vote for
Corneria

I'm trying to keep it to 16 people this time around, because I do not know most of you and want to be able to keep it manageable.

It's this saturday, april 12th, from 3 p.m. till we're done warm ups start at 2

we have 3 tvs and 3 wiis atm, but only 4 controllers, so you might want to bring your own. PM me for directions

if you have any suggestions, please tell me.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
bump for local tourny goodness.
i probably can't go, but good luck

p.s. you forgot FD as a neutral, and japes should be a CP for sure, im my opinion

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
ok, lets see, I'm bringing 2 others, tbone is bringing 2 friends, nasa will probably come, and 2 more with tag totals 9 and if plan 9 comes with friends thats 12-13, unless tipz and all them come I'll get 3 fillers

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
I am also interested in going to this. I may be taking at least two more people with me. I'll send you a pm soon.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
patt, if you show up i'm rigging the brackets so that I play your wario no matter what, I wanted to do a dk vs wario at epic IV but there were no open tvs

replicate

Smash Lord
oh man this is going to be epic
It's still pretty cool to think that we're getting our act together. . . . Personally I think we should smash as much as possible (like all-day things, friendlies after tournaments, weekday smashfests) and then we'll go to out-of-town tournaments and ****.

It's looking like I can definitely go to this, good **** on taking a stand and hosting, bigfoot.

bbb

Smash Champion
8 minutes

screw pirate ship, those bombs are gay.

distant planet is ify, DDD might be able to chain grab people to death off the left side.

corneria is definately crazy because of infinites.

Jungle **** was too good in melee, idk, the fact that you start swimming in the water makes it almost impossible to live but, it was about the same way in melee

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
the chain off the ledge can be interrupted by the water, and the moving dedede chain can always be rolled out of so i don't think distant planet should be banned. Cornerias infinite area can be avoided, but its definitely disputable, I'll probably just have a vote at the start of the tourney for it

I agree that we should screw pirate ship, I don't really like that level

and from what everyone says, jungle japes is in

PaTT

Smash Rookie
Hehe, yeah. I really wanted to face your DK because you beat like all of my friends :p

You're DK is the best I've seen so far and I'm looking forward to at least playing you in a friendly :D

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
yeah, I'd say ban corneria, but I don't really care because if i get a grab down below its an automatic stock loss for the opponent.

i'll update the list now

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
I'll most likely be coming to this. I'll try to bring a few friends over too.
I say ban Distant Planet because of the water, walk off edge and killer bug thing, but thats just me. Corneria too, I thought it was bad enough in Melee haha.
This sounds like fun, looking forward to playing you all!

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Looks like I need to get better at remembering, I already had my weekend booked with my friend's birthday gathering. . .sorry guys, scratch me off the list > <.
Next time. . .

TipZ

Smash Apprentice
I was gonna go to Pomona Melee but my parents wouldn't let me. I'm gonna try to make it to this one. BTW, where is it exactly? LOL, I have a 6x8 inch TV that i practice with in my room if you really need it. I'm still not sure if I can go yet though.

"if you want specific directions PM me" -_- sorry bout that

TipZ

Smash Apprentice
LOL, NO DISTANT PLANET. That stage is a joke. There are items and you have the beast

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
ok, we had a good turn out for the first one, I'll probably wait and see if tipz is doing anything before i do another one, but I'll probably do another one on the 26/27th.

btw, plan 9, i owe you 5 bucks for the pizza we didnt get around to ordering

Core Unit

Smash Rookie
We got to make sure everyone that brings their Wii has actually unlocked everything for it.

That one where the extra rules wasn't even unlocked yet, that was uncool. : (

bbb

Smash Champion
btw, plan 9, i owe you 5 bucks for the pizza we didnt get around to ordering
Don't sweat it bro, it's all good. Consider it a tip for holding a great tourney.

edit: also if you do another one, 27th would work better than 26th for me.

PaTT

Smash Rookie
Great tourney guys. I'll see you guys again at either Tipz's tourney or whenever the next tourney is :p

TipZ

Smash Apprentice
tournament

don't get your hopes up guys, it was an idea that got thrown out. It probably won't be soon.

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
Yeah this tournament was good. Thanks for allowing us to join in. It’s really great to finally know some people around the area. Shout outs to everyone that went, start practicing for the next one.

Oh yeah, there’s a big tournament in the works here at Oxnard. More information will be posted later but I’ll let you guys know about it as well as the other Ventura County smashers. This tournament is going to be big. You can thank Sgt Fluffles for that.

Top Bottom