• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waba Game presents: [There is a new thread, check last post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
First and foremost, I am NOT the tournament host for this. I simply told Min I'd do him the favor of announcing this with a thread here. So while I may be able to answer some questions, you'd be best to get confirmation from Min.

MELEE RELATED INFORMATION IS IN GREEN

Waba Game - Brawl Monthlies - SBR Certified

Aug. 16th, Sept. 20th, Oct. 18th, Nov. 15th, Dec. 20th
Aug. 17th, Sept. 21st, Oct. 19th, Nov. 16th, Dec. 21st

Location - 3585 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, Suite 128, Duluth, GA 30096

Time - 6:00 PM - 12:00 AM Midnight.
Time - 3:00 PM - 9:00 PM (Sunday)

Registration closes at 5:45. Anyone who has NOT registered for singles by this time, will be denied access. I suggest arriving at 5 PM sharp so as to avoid the usual crowd of late commers. Remember, this is not a tournament I am running, so I have no control over whenever Min decides to permanently cut off the signups.

Registration closes at 2:45. Anyone who has NOT registered for singles by this time, will be denied access. I suggest arriving at 2 PM sharp so as to avoid the usual crowd of late commers.

Teams will occur ONLY if singles finish in time.

Telephone number - 678-417-WABA (9222).

Email - wabagames@yahoo.com

General rules
  • Double elimination bracket.
  • 3 Stocks.
  • 7 minute timer.
  • Items are set to "off" and "none".
  • Set team attack to ON. (Doubles)
  • Life Stealing is allowed. (Doubles)
  • All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches. Sets are best of 5 for all "finals" matches.
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors, or by a coin flip.
  • No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
    • In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS or coin flip will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS/coinflip winner will get the last port.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  • Falco's laser lock is banned.
  • Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
  • If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. This rule also applies to, but is not limited to: Swallocides and cargocides.
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Excessive stalling is banned.
    • Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. Projectile camping is not considered stalling. Ledge camping is not considered stalling if the opponent is within range of punishing a return to the stage.
  • Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.
  • Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overtime. Bowser's Klawcide, Swallocides, Cargocides, etc are exempt from this rule.
  • Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

Set format (In Order of Procedure)
  1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match.
    • Double blind character selection may be called for the first match.
  2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure.
    • If both players agree, the first stage may be randomed from the starter list.
  3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counter picks of the set.
  4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2.
  5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List.
  6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
  7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.
  8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches.

Stage Selection
The SBR Recommended rule list uses the stage striking system. In this system, players take turns striking stages from the starter list until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counter picked later in the set. In the event that all stages are struck, the first stage will be randomly selected from the starter list.

Starter stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise

Counter pick stages
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Corneria
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Circuit
Norfair
Onett
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Rainbow Cruise

Banned stages
(All custom stages)
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Distant Planet
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Pokémon Stadium 2
Port Town Aero Dive
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

Gerbil Note:

To make this tournament run super fast, Waba NEEDS more set-ups. So please bring your Wiis/Brawl Cube/Melee copies, and even a few TVs. Waba has, I think, 10 TVs or so (maybe more or less, I dunno).

Let's do our best to support Brawl's/Melee's first monthlies set in GA. : )

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
What about Green Hill Zone, 25m, and Pictochat?

I like Pictochat.

edit : and pokemon stadium 2?
I think Stadium 1 shouldn't be a standard stage.. but I also think Norfair would be banned... but I'm also probably not coming so... lol

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I like Pictochat.
...but I also think Norfair would be banned...
Pictochat is my standard counterpick, because it's so fun.

Norfair should be banned simply because of the music.

"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! JOIN THE FIGHT!"

This isn't Halo; get that crap out of here.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Time -

6:00 PM - 12:00 AM midnight

Gerbil Note:

To make this tournament run super fast, Waba NEEDS more set-ups. So please bring your Wiis/Brawl copies, and even a few TVs. Waba has, I think, 10 TVs or so (maybe more or less, I dunno).

Let's do our best to support Brawl's first monthlies set in GA. : )

hm........

kirby_jim

Smash Cadet
i'll try and make it to this as well

i got work that day, but i should be done before 6 so... yeah hopefully i can get there in time

xilez

Smash Apprentice
starting to look like i wont make it... i have to work and no one can cover for me. Really gay

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I just realized I don't think I'll be making the tourny on the 19th. I don't have a ride lol, and even if I did, I'm not 100% sure I want to come home so super late when I have a Halo tournament the next day (yes I know... Halo ***. >.> )

If I change my mind this week, I'll look into a ride. Hell, I might have to come in my own car rofl.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
if Reflex goes and they do teams,...
I might blow a load...

or if not, me and my friend Jme are gonna do double Charizards and go as "team boss battles" and just use rock smash over and over. yes, I am serious about comedy.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
oh ****

I didn't know this started at SIX PM

I am going to a Streetlight Manifesto concert at 7 so I will probably not be able to come... whoopsie

**** I could of sworn this started earlier than six. that's late ish. : ( aww horse****

sorry to double post, I felt it was worth it to express my dismay

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
if Reflex goes and they do teams,...
I might blow a load...

or if not, me and my friend Jme are gonna do double Charizards and go as "team boss battles" and just use rock smash over and over. yes, I am serious about comedy.
I think I love you RC.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
I'm going to be making this. Me and some SC players are coming down (ImpactAR,Franklin,Dan).

I also don't care if Mario is Underused, I'm maining him all the way! D:. (Unless I'm totally *****, then I'll try to win with Marth D:).

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Castle Siege and Delfino should be neutral.
Norfair should be banned.

yaaaar
Castle Siege is annoying (Counterpick at best, I think), but Delfino should be the ONLY neutral stage (and maybe Smashville). It's too fun, and has the best music by far.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
The only results I know are this:

1st- Eternal Crusade (Metaknight)
2nd- George (Kirby)
3rd- Franklin (Snake)
4th- FullMetal (Marth)

after that... I don't remember anybody else's ranks.

Kelli's a beast
Desu sucks
XIF destroys burgers

that is all

Valadis

Smash Cadet
Tis Siren/Kelli ;)

The tournament was pretty awesome. I had fun! :) It was good hanging out playing teams after, too hehe. I need to get some brawl numbers so 24/7 Smashing can happen. Help meh out? See you guys soon :)

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
Good games to all, I had a lot of fun!

lol, who are the top 3 people? i've never even heard of them before
love you too... geez what does a guy have to do around here to get a little recognition? lol

btw, is there going to be a thread on this in the tournament results section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom